Varifocals' and who wears glasses.

Update on my glasses and Specsavers. After taking the glasses on a recent holiday with me to try and get used to them that i found impossible though they were better when sitting half way down my nose and the arms above my ears i returned them back to Specsavers were an older assistant told me they had not been lined up properly and apologised and sorted them out and gave me another 30 day trial with them . The 100 notes i got from Westfield i received an email from work with a P11D Tax for 15 pound ffs even getting taxed on expenses for your health when again theirs millions in this country who have not paid a bean into the system.

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I got my first pair made by the fella that I now use.I put them on and honestly I couldn't remember ever seeing so well it was like I was seeing in HD.Makes me wonder if vision express were ever

took my daughter to pick hers up yesterday   couldn’t believe what a seen there was a women and kid about 6 i don’t know what was what but the women couldn’t pay the 180 quid for the kid glasses

My Mrs buys our glasses online, ask the optician for a copy of your prescription and just shop away……they wanted over €600 for my wife’s last prescription and about €400 for mine. Got them online

Posted Images

6 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Update on my glasses and Specsavers. After taking the glasses on a recent holiday with me to try and get used to them that i found impossible though they were better when sitting half way down my nose and the arms above my ears i returned them back to Specsavers were an older assistant told me they had not been lined up properly and apologised and sorted them out and gave me another 30 day trial with them . The 100 notes i got from Westfield i received an email from work with a P11D Tax for 15 pound ffs even getting taxed on expenses for your health when again theirs millions in this country who have not paid a bean into the system.

It’s the same with any work perk they don’t miss a trick I get subsidised travel on the railway but have to pay extra tax it’s the same with the ride to work scheme certain companies do you end up paying tax on it they always want their bit unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

It’s the same with any work perk they don’t miss a trick I get subsidised travel on the railway but have to pay extra tax it’s the same with the ride to work scheme certain companies do you end up paying tax on it they always want their bit unfortunately. 

Do we get 75% off train tickets pal, I don't know all the benefits yet.

5 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

You with NWR now then

Yes, back on the Pway after a 10 year hiatus, couldn't refuse the offer of being in my own bed for the rest of my working life, took a team leader job.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

That's what I was on about in an earlier post.My origional pair that my optician made were spot on but the second pair he made for me weren't quite right even though the were the exact same prescription.Where they were a slightly different style/shape frame it altered the height of where the lense change from long distance to reading glass.Second time round he got them bang on too.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Pewit said:

Yes, back on the Pway after a 10 year hiatus, couldn't refuse the offer of being in my own bed for the rest of my working life, took a team leader job.

Can't fault you

• Like 1
On 19/06/2024 at 11:21, kanny said:

I have varifocals and I took straight to them but many do struggle with them..I got to the point where I couldn't buy a tape measure big enough so had to admit defeat lol 

Same & putting line in the eye of a hook🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

I now have all the time glasses , welding glasses and the reading welding diagram glasses , all I want is prescription polarised sunglasses for fishing lol

• Haha 1
On 17/07/2024 at 22:55, Borr said:

I now have all the time glasses , welding glasses and the reading welding diagram glasses , all I want is prescription polarised sunglasses for fishing lol

Invaluable for spotting fish & good for driving, had Oakley ones for a couple of years kept the original fancy lenses so when I get a new prescription I can get new & give the old ones to my son, but prescription hardly changed & my work health insurance has lowered how much I get to spend on new bins. Sorry son.

2 hours ago, Waz said:

Anyone ever ger scuba mask prrscription inserts?

Remember a mate having some years ago who did a lot of scuba diving and said they were brilliant. A funny thing happened wile on a day out scuba diving at Flamborough as he had lost his normal glasses and with his eyesight bad he ended up driving back to Rotherham in his diving mask and got some funny looks when stood in traffic 😄 

• Haha 1

I've had prescription varifocals for the last 4 or 5 years and can't fault them, I can now easily thread a size 6 hook now 😁 

Got last lot from Glasses Direct with a SpecSaver prescription about 2 years ago.

Recently had my eyes tested at Boots and got same prescription, happy days my eyes haven't got any worse in 2 years 👍 

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, dytkos said:

I've had prescription varifocals for the last 4 or 5 years and can't fault them, I can now easily thread a size 6 hook now 😁 

Got last lot from Glasses Direct with a SpecSaver prescription about 2 years ago.

Recently had my eyes tested at Boots and got same prescription, happy days my eyes haven't got any worse in 2 years 👍 

Cheers, D.

Apparently the muscle that begins to weaken in the eye eventually stops moving at all hense eye sight stops deteriorating.... 👍🏻

• Like 1