Varifocals' and who wears glasses.

Had an eye test yesterday and was told probably due to my age i would benefit from wearing glasses which I already do for reading and i have ended up being prescribed a pair of verifocals to wear all the time that i know will take some getting used to and what a fekin nightmare picking frames that don't make you look like cosmo smallpiece.😂 

• Haha 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I got my first pair made by the fella that I now use.I put them on and honestly I couldn't remember ever seeing so well it was like I was seeing in HD.Makes me wonder if vision express were ever

took my daughter to pick hers up yesterday   couldn’t believe what a seen there was a women and kid about 6 i don’t know what was what but the women couldn’t pay the 180 quid for the kid glasses

My Mrs buys our glasses online, ask the optician for a copy of your prescription and just shop away……they wanted over €600 for my wife’s last prescription and about €400 for mine. Got them online

Posted Images

I have varifocals and I took straight to them but many do struggle with them..I got to the point where I couldn't buy a tape measure big enough so had to admit defeat lol 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, kanny said:

I have varifocals and I took straight to them but many do struggle with them..I got to the point where I couldn't buy a tape measure big enough so had to admit defeat lol 

Probably only wear them for work myself as i struggle to read small print on the freight we handle and can't be arsed taking my reading glasses off and on all the time.

I tried varifocals could not get on with them especially driving with them was like being pissed all the time, went back to Bifocals just bought a new pair 2 days ago.

25 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Probably only wear them for work myself as i struggle to read small print on the freight we handle and can't be arsed taking my reading glasses off and on all the time.

Thing is once your eyes adjust to them you can't see fk all without them...I wear mine permanently now 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Had an eye test yesterday and was told probably due to my age i would benefit from wearing glasses which I already do for reading and i have ended up being prescribed a pair of verifocals to wear all the time that i know will take some getting used to and what a fekin nightmare picking frames that don't make you look like cosmo smallpiece.😂 

took my daughter to pick hers up yesterday  

couldn’t believe what a seen there was a women and kid about 6 i don’t know what was what but the women couldn’t pay the 180 quid for the kid glasses don’t know how that works how low income don’t get free glasses ? but she couldn’t pay them and a bloke who worked there come over and said i’ll pay for them took his card out payed it the women and kid were buzzing 

still good people about it’s good to see 

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

took my daughter to pick hers up yesterday  

couldn’t believe what a seen there was a women and kid about 6 i don’t know what was what but the women couldn’t pay the 180 quid for the kid glasses don’t know how that works how low income don’t get free glasses ? but she couldn’t pay them and a bloke who worked there come over and said i’ll pay for them took his card out payed it the women and kid were buzzing 

still good people about it’s good to see 

Kids under 16 and kids 18 and under in full time education get NHS vouchers for glasses, that usually cover the cost of basic glasses. 
Specsavers give free basic frames and prescription lenses to children under 12.

Cheers.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Kids under 16 and kids 18 and under in full time education get NHS vouchers for glasses, that usually cover the cost of basic glasses. 
Specsavers give free basic frames and prescription lenses to children under 12.

Cheers.

that’s what i thought mate me daughter said it was because he wanted need the blue lenses but he could only have normal ?? whatever that meant 

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

that’s what i thought mate me daughter said it was because he wanted need the blue lenses but he could only have normal ?? whatever that meant 

Need to change their optician ! Just last week my missus got prescription lens, varifocal sunglasses in designer frames for £105 from Specsaver.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Need to change their optician ! Just last week my missus got prescription lens, varifocal sunglasses in designer frames for £105 from Specsaver.

Cheers.

i’ve just rang me daughter she said she thinks he was colourblind and needed glasses he could only have the glasses not the ones that were for colourblind aswell ?

my daughter has  just started getting headache reading a lot 

it was spec savers mate 

Here’s a list of the vouchers for glasses,

WWW.NHS.UK

Find out about the NHS voucher values for glasses and contact lenses.

I can’t see how they could have been asked to pay £180 ? The vouchers can be used to offset more expensive frames, but the cost of lenses, whatever the prescription, should have been covered. Looks like the sales person made a mistake or the customer wanted some very expensive frames .

Cheets.

• Like 1

Specsavers is were I went at least I didn't have to pay for the eye test with being over 60 though I had to pay a fiver for a more indeph eye test and with the price of the glasses that I don't pick up wile next week came to 235 notes for two pairs. 

14 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Here’s a list of the vouchers for glasses,

WWW.NHS.UK

Find out about the NHS voucher values for glasses and contact lenses.

I can’t see how they could have been asked to pay £180 ? The vouchers can be used to offset more expensive frames, but the cost of lenses, whatever the prescription, should have been covered. Looks like the sales person made a mistake or the customer wanted some very expensive frames .

Cheets.

i don’t think it was the frames it was something to do with the lense and been colourblind