3 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

You lived on a estate mate, like me you worked hard and got where you want to be today. Others work hard, prefer to stay in the area they grew up in and are happy with their lot until someone comes along and brings that area down and they may not have the ability or finances to move on.  

Don't think that's jealously, more disdain, confusion and frustration.      

I guess a lot of it is reading we’re life is going and there are many old sayings that tell us the way, in this case nothing lasts forever, we knew that life on the estate was not what we wanted for our children etc so we got out estate life was quite nice and safe for us until drugs came and destroyed community’s the older generation tended to follow what there forefathers did because they new, no different but we do the world is a much smaller place and we can all see were things are going and make decisions to change things look how many of us on here have upsticks and left our old lives behind change is in our hands, anyways must go want to get another coat of paint on the dingy before the rain comes 

• Like 4

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree with the above post, but let’s face facts, for at least 3 decades the young have been told that they should be ashamed to have any national or historical pride, that it was a bad thing,

Makes me laugh....breakfast club etc...if you cant afford to take the time to feed your children....then dont have any....its that simple...folks can afford the lastest phone,cosmetic treatments, moto

Grass cuttings and privet trimmings ……?  We used to worry about polio, diphtheria, rickets, etc. I guess priorities change, eh ? Cheers.

Posted Images

Just my opinion but don’t think about “the council housing scum bags” but rather think about why there seems to be so many of this underclass of people in every day life ?…….the council (imho) are going to house people and they are going to house the most vulnerable so it’s only natural that those who can’t function get the houses……but where did they come from ?

Why have we fallen off a cliff in so many areas of society ?

There has always been underclasses of people, the gin alleys of the 1700s & 1800s we’re the scenes of poverty and degradation that would be almost un fathomable today…..and yet we see a mirror image in our towns and city’s today ?

We just commemorated D-Day, a period I personally think witnessed our pinnacle as a nation and a people……so the question is, why did we not build on it ? Why did we destroy it ?

Maybe it’s just the cycle of life ? 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

Just my opinion but don’t think about “the council housing scum bags” but rather think about why there seems to be so many of this underclass of people in every day life ?…….the council (imho) are going to house people and they are going to house the most vulnerable so it’s only natural that those who can’t function get the houses……but where did they come from ?

There has always been underclasses of people, the gin alleys of the 1700s & 1800s we’re the scenes of poverty and degradation that would be almost un fathomable today…..and yet we see a mirror image in our towns and city’s today ?

We just commemorated D-Day, a period I personally think witnessed our pinnacle as a nation and a people……so the question is, why did we not build on it ? Why did we destroy it ?

I remember the slum clearances of Newcastle in the late 50’s and early 60’s when we were moved from city centre slums that would be viewed with horror these days to a council estate in the suburbs. It was like we had won the lottery, or the pools as it was in those days.

Indoor toilets and a bath !!  Hot and cold running water, gas heating, green spaces for us kids to play, it was Elysian Fields, Shangrila, Utopia to us.

move on a couple of decades and it was one of the worst sink estates in the country; high rise flats full of “problem families, crime, gangs, unemployment.

Move on a bit later, the flats demolished, new semis built, some private but most Council and change the name of the place and its now a sought after location and a nice place again

So, cyclic ? Yes I probably agree.

Cheers.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Its a sit back and let some one else deal with the problem society, Kelvin Mackenzie gets it right here.

'DISGRACEFUL!': Kelvin Mackenzie EXPLODES at Starmer's FREE breakfast club plan in general election - YouTube

I just watched that mate and on the subject of free school meals I think he is talking out of his arse, it’s such a narrow minded un thought out statement to make that it’s almost childish…….again, I’d say, don’t ask who is paying, ask why they have to be there in Breakfast club in the first place ? 
Let people keep their money so mum (or dad) can stay at home, stop creating a system where people are reliant on being sold ever increasing amounts of debt by the chums at the bank so that only 1 person has to work , stop banks f***ing about selling ever increasing amounts of debt.

Less state, less debt…….the only people that benefit from parents being able to (having to !!!) work longer hours are the government so that they can piss the money away on total shit ! 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I remember the slum clearances of Newcastle in the late 50’s and early 60’s when we were moved from city centre slums that would be viewed with horror these days to a council estate in the suburbs. It was like we had won the lottery, or the pools as it was in those days.

Indoor toilets and a bath !!  Hot and cold running water, gas heating, green spaces for us kids to play, it was Elysian Fields, Shangrila, Utopia to us.

move on a couple of decades and it was one of the worst sink estates in the country; high rise flats full of “problem families, crime, gangs, unemployment.

Move on a bit later, the flats demolished, new semis built, some private but most Council and change the name of the place and its now a sought after location and a nice place again

So, cyclic ? Yes I probably agree.

Cheers.

Oddly enough, planning and architecture was a major contributing factor…..blocks of flats destroyed communities, everyone was a stranger locked in their box if they wasn’t out at work or shopping. 
I watched a very old programme about the London slum clearances and almost all the people who had received nice new homes after coming from what you describe said they wanted to go back, they felt lonely and it was almost like living in a nick.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

We are all different all want different things and have different standards, boils my piss when the bloke next door cuts the grass but wont tidy up the edges but that's his standard, who's to say I'm right and he's wrong?

The issue starts for me if his actions start impacting on my way of life (other than boiling my piss) and that's exasperated when you feel your also paying for this lifestyle that conflicts with yours.      

25 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

We are all different all want different things and have different standards, boils my piss when the bloke next door cuts the grass but wont tidy up the edges but that's his standard, who's to say I'm right and he's wrong?

The issue starts for me if his actions start impacting on my way of life (other than boiling my piss) and that's exasperated when you feel your also paying for this lifestyle that conflicts with yours.      

do you really get annoyed at your neighbour for not tidying the edges of his lawn, wow

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, WILF said:

I just watched that mate and on the subject of free school meals I think he is talking out of his arse, it’s such a narrow minded un thought out statement to make that it’s almost childish…….again, I’d say, don’t ask who is paying, ask why they have to be there in Breakfast club in the first place ? 
Let people keep their money so mum (or dad) can stay at home, stop creating a system where people are reliant on being sold ever increasing amounts of debt by the chums at the bank so that only 1 person has to work , stop banks f***ing about selling ever increasing amounts of debt.

Less state, less debt…….the only people that benefit from parents being able to (having to !!!) work longer hours are the government so that they can piss the money away on total shit ! 

I agree we should be asking why do we need a breakfast club in the first place. Also why the parents aren't taking responsibility for feeding their children as I cant believe even the poorest of parents cant afford a bag of porridge oats (1ltr 90p) and 5 bananas (72p) to feed their kids a breakfast every day for the week.   

I think the chaps point on the TV was its the easiest option and a lifestyle choice and its hard to argue against that in my opinion.

Now if we are to give benefits to the needy lets go back to the old way, milk tokens, food vouchers, clothes vouchers the essentials for someone who has hit hard times and not funding netflix, latest mobile phones, fancy nails and tequila shots up Wetherspoons on a Friday night.  

And thats not jealousy, its confusion at why we would continue with our current system. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Makes me laugh....breakfast club etc...if you cant afford to take the time to feed your children....then dont have any....its that simple...folks can afford the lastest phone,cosmetic treatments, motor on HP,3 bags for £100 on a school night etc🙄

Never had a handout,as long as ive had a hole in my arse....you want something,you get out and graft...by any means 👍

Have to pay for breakfast club ere mate and it’s mainly for people who start work before school starts ect 

but yeah I agree 

1 minute ago, greg64 said:

do you really get annoyed at your neighbour for not tidying the edges of his lawn, wow

Yep looks f**king awful and why were on it he should sweep his path after as well, grass cuttings blowing every where 🤣

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Have to pay for breakfast club ere mate and it’s mainly for people who start work before school starts ect 

but yeah I agree 

They are all over the radio etc asking for donations to keep it going through the school holidays 😂 get the kids up early and send them to school for breakfast🤣f***ing brass necks on the cnuts...

Just now, Daniel cain said:

They are all over the radio etc asking for donations to keep it going through the school holidays 😂 get the kids up early and send them to school for breakfast🤣f***ing brass necks on the cnuts...

Joke. Get another job if that’s the case 

9 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Yep looks f**king awful and why were on it he should sweep his path after as well, grass cuttings blowing every where 🤣

Both my neighbours are dirty cnuts, leave privet cuttings all over my path pisses me right off, I keep my gardens immaculate, I literally know when the prick kids have thrown a stone over lol 

had big row with the other tossers over the back not so long ago caught the scabby little kid throwing pieces of dog shit over into my garden, she tryed to Deny until I told her see that stick? Smell the end of it that’s what he’s using to poke it and throw it, she only smelt the stick and f****n wretched :laugh: absolute scum all around. 

home from school and strait out into the garden until 10pm f***ing sick of em all wish I could pick my gaff up and place it in a field, one day il end up hurting one of these tramps 

• Like 1

Fun fact, it’s always and I mean always the English that are the dirty filthy ones, over the back we have Lithuanians and blacks and they are not nosey or dirty they are perfect neighbours, 

19 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Fun fact, it’s always and I mean always the English that are the dirty filthy ones, over the back we have Lithuanians and blacks and they are not nosey or dirty they are perfect neighbours, 

True. Got half a dozen Lithuanian and Polish plus a family of Chinks on our road and their all as good as gold and they all go out to work not dossing about smoking weed and drinking all day. 

• Like 2