Well yesterday a came home from work to see the local council on the street putting new windows & frames in one of the council properties that houses smack & crack heads. Even though they've got the curtains closed most days summer & winter time. And we all know that condensation will build up on the windows & ledge will cause if they can't breathe due to curtains closed all the time. The curtains were full of mould all the window ledges too. Made our area look disgusting. Few members of the street reported them too for the smack heads turning up an old lady next door been woken up most early hours in the morning people braying on the door. But what gets me my grandparents had to pay out for a new lock on their down stairs toilet. But smack heads like this that they say are vulnerable & suffer with mental health get everything done for them. And the hard grafting tenants get f**k all done for nothing. My grandparents still pay full rent & council tax because of my grandads work pension. He kicks his self in not buying the property like his brothers did back in the 60s. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree with the above post, but let’s face facts, for at least 3 decades the young have been told that they should be ashamed to have any national or historical pride, that it was a bad thing,

Makes me laugh....breakfast club etc...if you cant afford to take the time to feed your children....then dont have any....its that simple...folks can afford the lastest phone,cosmetic treatments, moto

Grass cuttings and privet trimmings ……?  We used to worry about polio, diphtheria, rickets, etc. I guess priorities change, eh ? Cheers.

Posted Images

Its not just smack heads, there seems to be this mindset in general that if you rent, private or council, you don't have to even keep your windows clean or cut your grass.

Prides gone out of the country and its got nothing to do with money. It costs bugger all to wipe your windows down with a rag when there's a bit of condensation on them. My grandparents had bugger all but Nan would wash her step down and brasso the door lock once a week, shitty old wooden sash windows not fancy upvc but were always kept immaculate.  

• Like 2

Totally agree with the above post, but let’s face facts, for at least 3 decades the young have been told that they should be ashamed to have any national or historical pride, that it was a bad thing, something to be ashamed of.

Add to that whole areas increasingly given over to the 3rd word with their 3rd world way of living and it all adds up to people who just don’t care any more.

jmho 

• Like 8

Makes me laugh....breakfast club etc...if you cant afford to take the time to feed your children....then dont have any....its that simple...folks can afford the lastest phone,cosmetic treatments, motor on HP,3 bags for £100 on a school night etc🙄

Never had a handout,as long as ive had a hole in my arse....you want something,you get out and graft...by any means 👍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

Well yesterday a came home from work to see the local council on the street putting new windows & frames in one of the council properties that houses smack & crack heads. Even though they've got the curtains closed most days summer & winter time. And we all know that condensation will build up on the windows & ledge will cause if they can't breathe due to curtains closed all the time. The curtains were full of mould all the window ledges too. Made our area look disgusting. Few members of the street reported them too for the smack heads turning up an old lady next door been woken up most early hours in the morning people braying on the door. But what gets me my grandparents had to pay out for a new lock on their down stairs toilet. But smack heads like this that they say are vulnerable & suffer with mental health get everything done for them. And the hard grafting tenants get f**k all done for nothing. My grandparents still pay full rent & council tax because of my grandads work pension. He kicks his self in not buying the property like his brothers did back in the 60s. 

Here's betting your council especially those who make decisions on who gets council property's are some university brainwashed left wing doo gooder who have never lived on a council estate and think it's great to put junkies and other scumbags smack in the middle of people who work or are retired and take a bit of pride in their council property whether they have bought it or not. My street thank feck as returned to normality after a family has moved on after the landlord decided to sell it due to all the grief they were causing and the sad thing is the woman was the daughter of a good mate of mine in the past from London and i recently bumped into her and the council had given her a nice ground floor flat near the woods i walk everyday and him a 3bed house on a decent road as she is not allowed to live with him and the kids and this is despite getting evicted from a council property due to anti-social behaviour before they rented an house across the road from me and it pisses me me off i have a mate who works 60 hours a week and him and his partner with their 15 month old child are in bed and breakfast due to their landlord selling the property they were renting and he told me the council are fekin useless and i put that down to him being white British and not a junky or alchy.

• Sad 1

Sorry to be the bad apple and piss on everyone’s fire but your grandparents early choices led them to be were they are today, I have never trusted authority since childhood so made my own life plans don’t have any pensions or council help I bought my first house in my early twenty’s went through a recession that saw interest rates hit 14% so worked 7 days and a couple of nights a week to see my family right and keep hold of that house because I knew in old age no other c**t was going to take care of me or mine I am now about to reap the rewards of decisions I made 40 plus years ago and sadly so are your grandparents if the crack heads are causing your grandparents a lot of stress and anxiety you now have a choice of moaning on a forum or going round and putting a hammer in someone’s face or some lighter fluid and a match through the letter box again I am sorry but life’s a bitch always has been always will be and we have given up fighting back 

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, WILF said:

Totally agree with the above post, but let’s face facts, for at least 3 decades the young have been told that they should be ashamed to have any national or historical pride, that it was a bad thing, something to be ashamed of.

Add to that whole areas increasingly given over to the 3rd word with their 3rd world way of living and it all adds up to people who just don’t care any more.

jmho 

I'm not having that 

I'm young and was out litter picking my street at 4.30 this morning, and I'm just a paraffin 

And that was before I went cutting about the local greenbelt pre building site 

20240613_054216.jpg

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Sorry to be the bad apple and piss on everyone’s fire but your grandparents early choices led them to be were they are today, I have never trusted authority since childhood so made my own life plans don’t have any pensions or council help I bought my first house in my early twenty’s went through a recession that saw interest rates hit 14% so worked 7 days and a couple of nights a week to see my family right and keep hold of that house because I knew in old age no other c**t was going to take care of me or mine I am now about to reap the rewards of decisions I made 40 plus years ago and sadly so are your grandparents if the crack heads are causing your grandparents a lot of stress and anxiety you now have a choice of moaning on a forum or going round and putting a hammer in someone’s face or some lighter fluid and a match through the letter box again I am sorry but life’s a bitch always has been always will be and we have given up fighting back 

Well I can only speak of my grandparents who were hard working folk and them on my fathers side raised 7 kids and when most of the back to back terraced houses were demolished late 40s and early 50s moved into brand new large 3 bed council houses on new estates with large gardens that they kept like palaces as they knew how lucky they were and did not abuse what they got. With the right to buy what the torys brought in most were bought for them by their grown up kids. I don't see how it's there fault if nearby properties are still owned by the council and the council decide to put scumbags in them sometimes next door or on the same street or road. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I get what your saying mate but life throws us all a different hand, yours has worked out for you for others it don't how ever hard they try and thats when it leaves a bitter taste.

You may go around to the local crack heads house burn the house down or put a hammer in their face, it may work, they move out and a nice family move in. Or you end up killing them doing time and whilst your in nick they move in a family of 14 Somalia's and their goat. Same actions different outcome.

The way I see it hard work, pride and a massive chunk of luck and you may be ok if it dont you can take consolation in the fact you did actually try and not just sit back and wait for the constant hand outs.        

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Well I can only speak of my grandparents who were hard working folk and them on my fathers side raised 7 kids and when most of the back to back terraced houses were demolished late 40s and early 50s moved into brand new large 3 bed council houses on new estates with large gardens that they kept like palaces as they knew how lucky they were and did not abuse what they got. With the right to buy what the torys brought in most were bought for them by their grown up kids. I don't see how it's there fault if nearby properties are still owned by the council and the council decide to put scumbags in them sometimes next door or on the same street or road. 

I don’t disagree with either of you but I think the real crux of the story is jealousy over someone else getting windows they don’t deserve, I would rather revert to living in a cave than some of the estates and slums around but again that would be my choice look at the most popular threads on this site, moaning threads migrants politicians dah de dah  it’s what people do rather than take action and change things, we were programmed to sit in our little houses and cherish a load of rubbish that will end up in a skip when we are gone life’s about living not just surviving but we can’t break that mould 

6 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

I get what your saying mate but life throws us all a different hand, yours has worked out for you for others it don't how ever hard they try and thats when it leaves a bitter taste.

You may go around to the local crack heads house burn the house down or put a hammer in their face, it may work, they move out and a nice family move in. Or you end up killing them doing time and whilst your in nick they move in a family of 14 Somalia's and their goat. Same actions different outcome.

The way I see it hard work, pride and a massive chunk of luck and you may be ok if it dont you can take consolation in the fact you did actually try and not just sit back and wait for the constant hand outs.        

29 minutes ago, Greyman said:

“you now have a choice of moaning on a forum or going round and putting a hammer in someone’s face or some lighter fluid and a match through the letter box”

I’ve always had the impression that you are a decent man by reading your posts, so I’m guessing what you  have said about putting lighter fluid through a letter box is just rhetoric and hyperbole , brought on by your understandable anger and frustration at the decline we all see in our country, and not something you would honestly encourage.

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I don’t disagree with either of you but I think the real crux of the story is jealousy over someone else getting windows they don’t deserve, I would rather revert to living in a cave than some of the estates and slums around but again that would be my choice look at the most popular threads on this site, moaning threads migrants politicians dah de dah  it’s what people do rather than take action and change things, we were programmed to sit in our little houses and cherish a load of rubbish that will end up in a skip when we are gone life’s about living not just surviving but we can’t break that mould 

You lived on a estate mate, like me you worked hard and got where you want to be today. Others work hard, prefer to stay in the area they grew up in and are happy with their lot until someone comes along and brings that area down and they may not have the ability or finances to move on.  

Don't think that's jealously, more disdain, confusion and frustration.      

• Like 3
3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I’ve always had the impression that you are a decent man by reading your posts, so I’m guessing what you  have said about putting lighter fluid through a letter box is just rhetoric and hyperbole , brought on by your understandable anger and frustration at the decline we all see in our country, and not something you would honestly encourage.

Cheers.

Wise words charts but if any of my family were going through terrible things because of terrible people ( not just double glazing ) I would sacrifice my freedoms to rectify it, let’s be fair they still have plenty of none violent solutions like a council exchange or an extension- garage conversion for the grandparents if they feel so strongly about things he could even go round and change the lock himself rather than let the council charge them for it, my Nan was my rock as a kid I maintained her house until she died in my arms, I have moved my entire family onto a life on water because we have a great community the grandkids can play freely like we used to I take them litter picking around the marina most months so they learn to value what they have and if a few bad apples came along to spoil that I would take appropriate action or upsticks and move on moaning ain’t a solution 

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 3