Air rifle/Ferreting/ beating near Wigan and around the north west.

Dear Forum Members,

I hope this message finds you well.

My background - I am 32 years old, and I currently work for the NHS as a Mental health practitioner. I am reaching out to the community as I am looking to get back into pest shooting and ferreting, which I enjoyed immensely during my younger years. Due to university commitments and the demands of starting a career, I have not had time for these hobbies for a long while, but I am now eager to get back into the field.

I am fully insured with BASC and am particularly interested in gaining permission for air rifle shooting and ferreting around the Wigan area and the wider North West region. Additionally, I would love to participate in beating days if there are any opportunities available.

I assure you that I am responsible, respectful of property, and committed to safety and ethical practices. I would be very grateful for any leads or advice from fellow members who might have contacts or know of any permissions available.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I look forward to any opportunities to engage with this wonderful community and to contribute positively.

Best regards,

• 1 month later...

I think your only real chance in the area is to go beating. It's the best, if not only way to get to know people 

There's a Facebook group called Lancashire fieldsports....I'm sure a request on there will turn up some beating. I personally wouldn't ask or mention shooting permission first. Get out on shoots for a season and everything else will fall into place 👍