My sister's kid who,s nearly 14 started private secondary school. We don't come from money, my sister was just academic and her partner just done well for them selves and just grafted and grafted. Although my neace is only 14 I can see she will do leaps and bounds in private schooling and have opportunitys and mix in circles we never did. I left school early with no exams and fuk all and lived down south at 17 in an old caravan for a few year's. But I've always grafted and hustled opportunitys that came my way. I struggle with writing and mathatics and get by. But av always worked for myself in 1 thing or another. Maybe private school wud not have sooted me, but then again the opportunity was never there. But I think if you afford it then hell yeah as I think a lot of you would want more for the kids then we ever had. 

Edited by Leo Sayer
  • Like 5

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reading all these posts is pretty uplifting really, when you see so many lads who didn’t do well in school as part of the “normal” education system and lads who maybe were going down the wrong path in

thanks aint been a perfect dad but i tried they never went with out still spend a bomb on them xmas and birthdays my oldest is 32 ill keep on doing it til i die im close to all my children witch for m

I actually attended private school for a year when I was about 8 or 9 (don’t ask, one of my mothers airy fairy ideas) and I attended quiet a few ordinary state schools until 14 when they eventually ai

6 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

My sister's kid who,s nearly 14 started private secondary school. We don't come from money, my sister was just academic and her partner just done well for them selves and just grafted and grafted. Although my neace is only 14 I can see she will do leaps and bounds in private schooling and have opportunitys and mix in circles we never did. I left school early with no exams and fuk all and lived down south at 17 in an old caravan for a few year's. But I've always grafted and hustled opportunitys that came my way. I struggle with writing and mathatics and get by. But av always worked for myself in 1 thing or another. Maybe private school wud not have sooted me, but then again the opportunity was never there. But I think if you afford it then hell yeah as I think a lot of you would want more for the kids then we ever had. 

only experience of private school i had was trying to beat the c**ts at rugby or football they were even better at that lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

only experience of private school i had was trying to beat the c**ts at rugby or football they were even better at that lol 

You're not supposed to wear froggos when you play rugby or football, Gooey!!  Lol

• Haha 1

Reading all these posts is pretty uplifting really, when you see so many lads who didn’t do well in school as part of the “normal” education system and lads who maybe were going down the wrong path in trouble with the law and now their kids are doing ok or are on the path to doing ok.

It shows that you don’t have to be defined by your circumstances, which is what I have always believed.

Even lads who are having a blip with the kids are working hard to put it right and putting real thought into helping their kids with every bit of their ability…….they may not have the answers yet but they are trying and that counts.

And I think it’s worth keeping in mind with your kids, they may not do well out the back end of GCSE or whatever…..but they won’t be defined by that, their life won’t stop there……they can do any of that stuff and more at any point in their life.

Create good, happy, kind, humble humans and the rest will look after itself imho. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

I hated school and I hated PE and sports . I was so disruptive in PE that in the end the teacher used to bring his dog to school a black lab. And he wud let me walk his dog instead of PE. Was just easier than me being a little sh1t. At back of our school was farmland and an old quarry and pools . I was much happier on my own with his dog mooching and looking at wildlife than I ever was in any lesson. 

• Like 3

Some random stats and some random ideas. Single sex schools for girls produce the best academic results. Some comps produce excellent results. Some don't. The best comps tend to be in leafy suburbs and the poor ones in areas of poverty and deprivation.

The germans have technical schools for those kids who want to pursue trades . But there's no terrible feeling of failure if you go to a technical school. Tradesmen and people who work with their hands are respected and valued far more in Germany. It's recognised that people who work with their hands ultimately produce the wealth.

In Finland only the very brightest and best are accepted as teachers. It's a highly competitive process to be accepted as a trainee teacher. The excellent salaries reflect their qualifications and abilities. There's hardly any private schools in because state schools are truly excellent and consistently voted the best in the world. In Finland kids don't start school until they are 7 and the emphasis is on the value of each single child....not just the academic. So kids all feel respected and wanted so discipline problems hardly exist.

Teachers are hard to recruit  and retain in the UK. They have pretty poor pay and  classroom discipline is a big problem. OFSTED, the inspectors, are aggressive and unrealistic. Some teachers are poorly motivated and some are not up to the job. Lots of kids are turned off by teachers who are too strict or  not strict enough.

I did an OU course in education systems just for my own interest. It's interesting  finding out about the process you went through  as a  child and what your kids are going through.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

My Aunty sent my cousin to private for school for her whole academic life. Finished school and 6th form to then get pregnant to a right Bellend. 🤣  

There's definitely a huge element of women that spend a decade in education to then meet their spouse and become stay at home mums , my sort of cousin did that never had a job in her life and my uncles wife although now earning a fortune in a scientific library part time went to uni until 30yr old and didn't work until 50yr old not great example but many women definitely use it as a marriage platform undoubtedly 

Been a good, pretty positive thread this.

👍 to those who've unloaded a few of their gripes/worries.

Just can't wait til this lazy little nerk fucks off and leaves home!!  🤓

😄 👍

Edited by shaaark
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Some random stats and some random ideas. Single sex schools for girls produce the best academic results. Some comps produce excellent results. Some don't. The best comps tend to be in leafy suburbs and the poor ones in areas of poverty and deprivation.

The germans have technical schools for those kids who want to pursue trades . But there's no terrible feeling of failure if you go to a technical school. Tradesmen and people who work with their hands are respected and valued far more in Germany. It's recognised that people who work with their hands ultimately produce the wealth.

In Finland only the very brightest and best are accepted as teachers. It's a highly competitive process to be accepted as a trainee teacher. The excellent salaries reflect their qualifications and abilities. There's hardly any private schools in because state schools are truly excellent and consistently voted the best in the world. In Finland kids don't start school until they are 7 and the emphasis is on the value of each single child....not just the academic. So kids all feel respected and wanted so discipline problems hardly exist.

Teachers are hard to recruit  and retain in the UK. They have pretty poor pay and  classroom discipline is a big problem. OFSTED, the inspectors, are aggressive and unrealistic. Some teachers are poorly motivated and some are not up to the job. Lots of kids are turned off by teachers who are too strict or  not strict enough.

I did an OU course in education systems just for my own interest. It's interesting  finding out about the process you went through  as a  child and what your kids are going through.

Fantastic post mate, bravo. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, WILF said:

My daughters boyfriend has a masters in physics and some other shit I don’t understand and was in education until 24 years old, grammar school, the whole “path to success” as most people envision it……he has had a couple of jobs, let go from the first, just been let go from this one and will have to apply to about 200 jobs to get a sniff he tells me.

Mates daughter has a masters in physics,really posh family,James Hewitt is a family friend,she is maybe 30 now and works for mark Zuckerberg on the Facebook team earning megabucks.

1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Been a good, pretty positive thread this.

👍 to those who've unloaded a few of their gripes/worries.

Just can't wait til this lazy little nerk fucks off and leaves home!!  🤓

😄 👍

Just wait until he's eighteen and comes home in the early hours of the morning paralytic drunk and vomits on every step of a flight of stairs. Just when you've got it cleaned up, he staggers out of bed and vomits another bucketful before he reaches  the bathroom. You are busy scrubbing that lot up, nearly wretching yourself, when he calls out from his bedroom " quit making that f***ing noise! I'm trying to sleep". When you say 'go to sleep' he then shouts out " I've told you once, quit that b*****d noise or else "I ll hammer you!"

He couldn't remember a thing next morning.Lol

Edited by jukel123
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Just wait until he comes home in the early hours of the morning paralytic drunk and vomits on every step of a flight of stairs. Just when you've got it cleaned up, he staggers out of bed and vomits another bucketful before he reaches  the bathroom. You are busy scrubbing that lot up, nearly wretching yourself, when he calls out from his bedroom " quit making that f***ing noise! I'm trying to sleep". When you say 'go to sleep' he then shouts out " I've told you once, quit that b*****d noise or else "I ll hammer you!"

He couldn't remember a thing next morning.Lol

My pal had a routine when we was young men, get absolutely smashed to f**k on cider, go home, put on Dead Kennedys at full blast in the middle of the night/early hours of the morning and have a piss in the foot of his mum and dads bed while they were in it ! 

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, WILF said:

My pal had a routine when we was young men, get absolutely smashed to f**k on cider, go home, put on Dead Kennedys at full blast in the middle of the night/early hours of the morning and have a piss in the foot of his mum and dads bed while they were in it ! 

There's no answer to that mate.lol

14 minutes ago, WILF said:

My mate once took a shit and a w@nk at the same time in the bath, an empty bath and God knows what hour. He wasn’t just steaming, he was pilling his tits off lol. His dad walked in and said what the fcuk are you doing he said and I quote from his dad’s mouth “I’m taking a shit and having a w@nk” and continued :laugh: He was about 17/18 at the time.

This wasn’t a one off! Oh no. His main routine was to either piss off the landing or in his eldest sisters wardrobe :laugh: 

• Haha 2