2 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Yes and no! They are more advanced (witnessed it with my own eyes) but at 16 they are not adults, they still have that teenager’s bollocks going on and make the same stupid decisions we all have done.

I get that, kids are kids. But looking at university stats women have been  outperforming men for some time. They get better degrees even in traditionally male subjects. And there are more female undergrads than men. 

• Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reading all these posts is pretty uplifting really, when you see so many lads who didn’t do well in school as part of the “normal” education system and lads who maybe were going down the wrong path in

thanks aint been a perfect dad but i tried they never went with out still spend a bomb on them xmas and birthdays my oldest is 32 ill keep on doing it til i die im close to all my children witch for m

I actually attended private school for a year when I was about 8 or 9 (don’t ask, one of my mothers airy fairy ideas) and I attended quiet a few ordinary state schools until 14 when they eventually ai

1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

I get that, kids are kids. But looking at university stats women have been  outperforming men for some time. They get better degrees even in traditionally male subjects. And there are more female undergrads than men. 

And? You think that statistic makes them adult at 16? Ask anyone on here who has daughters. They’ll tell you that they are a bag of emotions at that age and need guidance ;) 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Girls are outperforming boys big time. They are more conscientious in their studies and more mature when compared with boys. I used to take my kids to nursery and they were barely grunting, the girls were streets ahead in vocabulary. Men take a long time to grow up, I'm still in the process, females are adult at 16 or so imo.

id say the opposite all my girls talked by one one the ball but the lad was trying sentences by the time they were talking just takes to things straight away misses nothing 

28 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

that shows they listen and do as there told better lads minds race some can’t be sat about 

26 minutes ago, mushroom said:

And? You think that statistic makes them adult at 16? Ask anyone on here who has daughters. They’ll tell you that they are a bag of emotions at that age and need guidance ;) 

mines 16 doing gcse now i’d say your spot on. 

47 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i was in prep school.......all i could remember is listening to Raynor 2.....being buggered senseless in the dorm at night....by Suitor 1...the dorm captain

i managed to escape that sort of thing...i stuck up for myself and refused to fag for any prefect

you hear madness like this from private schools don’t you ditch 

My 2 eldest are home schooled.... The youngest lad has one more yr left in primary...we have been looking into  sending him to a private school...looking at about £1200/£1300 per month which will be  doable in a few months time...hes 10,and the school are struggling to keep him in work,and hes becoming disruptive..he has the reading age of a 15/16yr old..

• Like 1

Our 16 year old lad constantly walks around in a daydream, and couldn't boil water.

We're really proud of him.  🤓

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
58 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Our 16 year old lad constantly walks around in a daydream, and couldn't boil water.

Ditto ! Lol

Just got himself a summer job hod carrying, his first proper job, up at 5am every morning and was looking a bit tired first week until he copped a monkey pay on the Friday !…..now he is up and about like a cockerel ! Lol 

Had good reports back from the bloke that owns the firm so your kids can surprise you. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

My 2 eldest are home schooled.... The youngest lad has one more yr left in primary...we have been looking into  sending him to a private school...looking at about £1200/£1300 per month which will be  doable in a few months time...hes 10,and the school are struggling to keep him in work,and hes becoming disruptive..he has the reading age of a 15/16yr old..

a few a me close pals homeschool there kids i go at them about it 

me daughters doing her gcse now does well she has a place at a land and animal college digs there 7k a year more room in a jail cell then these rooms lol i said you better pass your test rapid lol 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Mine got his last gcse on Friday one week off and up to Hatton start full time work. 

he can’t believe he’s gonna earn £300 a week he’s over the moon lol 

shock incoming :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, WILF said:

Ditto ! Lol

Just got himself a summer job hod carrying, his first proper job, up at 5am every morning and was looking a bit tired first week until he copped a monkey pay on the Friday !…..now he is up and about like a cockerel ! Lol 

Had good reports back from the bloke that owns the firm so your kids can surprise you. 

Honestly,  wilf, for the last three years, we've had nothing but aggravation with him.

We've tried absolutely everything,  school meetings, because he just walks out of lessons, walks out of school, is very disruptive when he actually is in a lesson.

We've had the police here, because the school have had to report him as a missing person.

Phone calls, ad nauseum, from the school, lost count of the number of letters they've sent us, regarding his behaviour etc etc etc, all because 'I can't stand being in school'.

School has actually arranged it so that he can skip going to school on a daily basis, and just go in to do his exams.

Biggest surprise to me, will be if he actually passes one exam!!  

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Honestly,  wilf, for the last three years, we've had nothing but aggravation with him.

We've tried absolutely everything,  school meetings, because he just walks out of lessons, walks out of school, is very disruptive when he actually is in a lesson.

We've had the police here, because the school have had to report him as a missing person.

Phone calls, ad nauseum, from the school, lost count of the number of letters they've sent us, regarding his behaviour etc etc etc, all because 'I can't stand being in school'.

School has actually arranged it so that he can skip going to school on a daily basis, and just go in to do his exams.

Biggest surprise to me, will be if he actually passes one exam!!  

My boy has been a treat to own lol not a problem with him once, my girl though is doing this don’t want to go to school stuff not getting up in the morning ect she actually just text me saying she wants to come home and if she can’t she’s going to sit in the toilet for the full day. She’s 13 and becoming hard work 

• Like 1