Just now, mr moocher said:

yeah mack the two boys only got gcse the girls was more interested

I guessed,as soon as you said 4 degrees I thought “Girl”.

• Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reading all these posts is pretty uplifting really, when you see so many lads who didn’t do well in school as part of the “normal” education system and lads who maybe were going down the wrong path in

thanks aint been a perfect dad but i tried they never went with out still spend a bomb on them xmas and birthdays my oldest is 32 ill keep on doing it til i die im close to all my children witch for m

I actually attended private school for a year when I was about 8 or 9 (don’t ask, one of my mothers airy fairy ideas) and I attended quiet a few ordinary state schools until 14 when they eventually ai

I'm fortunate my pair go to a very good school , part of a trust of schools with inter sports and activities. If I had millions or private school money I'd probably go down the route or home schooling with tutors etc , I do have a maths tutor but they only get hour a fortnight each but it's made a big difference. I didn't enjoy school at all , but my pair love it and as long as they can enjoy it and be confident young lads that have a work ethic I'm happy. I wouldn't chose to surround them with the sort of people that aim for an elite lifestyle. They do go to a private school for swimming, but the school does it as charity for the plebs lol, it's a brilliant club tbh with England swimmers on board, the missus is academic and wants them going to uni , which is alien to me but theyre certainly capable and I don't want them following my path, hopefully become top class engineers working from home in some fantastic scenic or on a yacht lol. But happy and healthy is priority....

• Like 2
Just now, mackem said:

im proud of them all i have a criminal record as long as your arm was doing two years borstal at sixteen my first daughter was born while i was away and ive never been back since could say it changed my life

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, mr moocher said:

im proud of them all i have a criminal record as long as your arm was doing two years borstal at sixteen my first daughter was born while i was away and ive never been back since could say it changed my life

Good reason to be proud of them mate,hopefully they are going places four degrees is incredible,that’s real smart.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, mr moocher said:

I think you have to go to borstal or bad boys school to be a member of this forum  mate.Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

I will also add, I loathed private school…..I had nothing in common with the people and no affiliation to them at all…..

Also now days, it’s not the school fees, it’s the added extras that you need to afford (like the trip to some exotic place or 3 different types of sports kit or whatever) and if you can’t then they are singled out amongst their peers. 

My sister got a full academic scholarship to some fancy full board private school (Christ's Hospital if you've heard of it) and she ended up leaving in her second year because she just could not fit in as a rough as arseholes working class lass with an Irish accent. Ended up bouncing round state schools, dropping out at 15 before going back to college to do her exams and still ended up getting in to Oxford (the only one in our family to go to Uni) Couldn't agree with your other post more pal :thumbs:

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, mackem said:

Good reason to be proud of them mate,hopefully they are going places four degrees is incredible,that’s real smart.

thanks mack shes really good with numbers they didnot take after me none have a criminal record which considering is a big plus for me

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, mr moocher said:

thanks mack shes really good with numbers they didnot take after me none have a criminal record which considering is a big plus for me

Broke the cycle pal you should be really proud :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

thanks aint been a perfect dad but i tried they never went with out still spend a bomb on them xmas and birthdays my oldest is 32 ill keep on doing it til i die im close to all my children witch for me is the main thing

• Like 8
23 minutes ago, mr moocher said:

Pretty much the same as that mate, I did Portland and guys marsh done more for my education than 12 years in shit schools 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Greyman said:

Pretty much the same as that mate, I did Portland and guys marsh done more for my education than 12 years in shit schools 

i spent time at both them hotels and a few more but when my daughter was born i was looking at eight years for atempted murder and malicious wounding with intent i got off atempted murder but copped another two years for malicious wounding it was a long time ago my girl bought it all home and i aint been back since

• Like 1
3 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Anyone send their kids to them and how do they compare to other schools?

I did here and now she speaks 5 languages and works in an Italian restaurant…. Doh! :laugh: 

1 hour ago, mackem said:

Girls are outperforming boys big time. They are more conscientious in their studies and more mature when compared with boys. I used to take my kids to nursery and they were barely grunting, the girls were streets ahead in vocabulary. Men take a long time to grow up, I'm still in the process, females are adult at 16 or so imo.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Girls are outperforming boys big time. They are more conscientious in their studies and more mature when compared with boys. I used to take my kids to nursery and they were barely grunting, the girls were streets ahead in vocabulary. Men take a long time to grow up, I'm still in the process, females are adult at 16 or so imo.

Yes and no! They are more advanced (witnessed it with my own eyes) but at 16 they are not adults, they still have that teenager’s bollocks going on and make the same stupid decisions we all have done.

• Like 1

i was in prep school.......all i could remember is listening to Raynor 2.....being buggered senseless in the dorm at night....by Suitor 1...the dorm captain

i managed to escape that sort of thing...i stuck up for myself and refused to fag for any prefect