50 minutes ago, dai dogs said:

A first for me 

IMG_4180.jpeg

IMG_4179.jpeg

IMG_4181.jpeg

How on earth did you spot that?I have seen two in my life but heard them a number of times on heathland near me,the local birding group were using thermal to count population.

36 minutes ago, mackem said:

How on earth did you spot that?I have seen two in my life but heard them a number of times on heathland near me,the local birding group were using thermal to count population.

I have seen just a few in my life but this is the first nest iv ever come across she must have Layed recently has the forestry’s just been cut down 

• Thanks 1

Apparently you have got a good chance of seeing and hearing them at Dersingham Bog which is near Wolferton West Norfolk.

interesting fact Wolferton used to have a train station years ago which used to be the Royals station where they disembarked for Sandringham, it is now a private residence which opens occasionally to the public.

IMG_0814.jpeg.8c750183920cef5523a3bc3557a3a888.jpeg

IMG_0821.jpeg.4aee25962332a26afb8f60cbcac32c81.jpeg

IMG_0819.jpeg.4e4adf757e5b740a8ace46f1b4e2b993.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was looking at the first photo for about a minute thinking it's no good, I'm going to have to cheat and look at the other photos below to see where the bird is,and then I saw it was eggs.🤣

• Like 1
3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

You must have eyes like an hawk . What a cracking find did the nightjar fly off the egg's.

Yes she flew off that’s when I spotted the eggs

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, dai dogs said:

Yes she flew off that’s when I spotted the eggs

That reminds me of when I sent a photo of a deer bed to my brother. I sent a close-up and pointed out the scattering of hairs.

When he said I must have good eyesight to have spotted it in the middle of the wood, I had to admit that less than a minute before I took the photo there was a roe laying down in it.😇