Kennels full of oldies

6 hours ago, WataWalloper said:

My kennels are empty first time in a few decades, said that was it I’m done, but kennels still up and I’m already contemplating my next move 

Stick Mrs  in it 

• Haha 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will Be nice one day,to be able to go away for the night or on holiday,and not have the worry of a kennel full of dogs....lots of places and things I want to do before Im in the ground...as much as I

I can’t imagine my life without dogs they are my escape from the doom and gloom of this country walking the hills forests with no other humans in sight is my peaceful place and I hope to do it for man

Loads of guys coming out of the hunting game,...and of course,.. this has been happening for several years,. but now,.it seems kinda different🤔 Will we miss it,....ya bet ya fecking life we will.

Posted Images

On 07/06/2024 at 23:21, Daniel cain said:

Will Be nice one day,to be able to go away for the night or on holiday,and not have the worry of a kennel full of dogs....lots of places and things I want to do before Im in the ground...as much as I love my kids,Im counting down the days until they f**k off for good too😁👍

That day will never come, sir, they remain unweaned for life, Roll in hot, raid the food stocks, clean out the fridge and bolt, no contact unless they require a loan that never gets repaid, I should have cut my man sacks with a broken beer bottle years ago, and saved my pain.  😆

• Haha 7
On 07/06/2024 at 23:21, Daniel cain said:

Will Be nice one day,to be able to go away for the night or on holiday,and not have the worry of a kennel full of dogs....lots of places and things I want to do before Im in the ground...as much as I love my kids,Im counting down the days until they f**k off for good too😁👍

That day will never come, sir, they remain unweaned for life, Roll in hot, raid the food stocks, clean out the fridge and bolt, no contact unless they require a loan that never gets repaid, I should have cut my man sacks with a broken beer bottle years ago, and saved my pain.  😆

My old collie cross passed away a few month ago at 17 and a half and my coursin bred cross is 11 next month. Be my last runner. If i get another dog it will be just a mooching cross for the cattys and what ever other stuff am up too now. The long drives up north and darn sarf are in my memories now. Am too old and busy with work now for those long arse twitching nights. Still keeping my hand in the game, but time and methods and the law has moved on. Most of my mates have packed the game in now. The thing is, that game still courses through our blood. 

• Like 4

I some times feel how a former smackhead must feel shall i give it another go with a lurcher pup as i know of some cracking litters on the ground are about to be . Then reality kicks in knowing getting another lurcher would probably cause me grief i can do without at my time of life as the temptation would be just too much to get it on quarry a lurcher was bred for.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

I some times feel how a former smackhead must feel shall i give it another go with a lurcher pup as i know of some cracking litters on the ground are about to be . Then reality kicks in knowing getting another lurcher would probably cause me grief i can do without at my time of life as the temptation would be just too much to get it on quarry a lurcher was bred for.

Better to live on your feet than die on your knees Tats,if it’s in you and who you are get another pup,keep you active.

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, mackem said:

Better to live on your feet than die on your knees Tats,if it’s in you and who you are get another pup,keep you active.

I am still out every day mate and enjoy a mooch about another lurcher will just bring unwanted attention to me in what now is a walk out feeling relaxed and not on edge as I would be if I had a running dog in tow. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mine is coming upto two so hopefully another ten years before I have to ponder on it. Right now I think I would go little bushing type dog which is ideal around her for a bit of ferreting and mooching about. Cover is the name of the game here. With a good working Lurcher unless you have one you can call off there’s no such thing as a relaxing walk. You constantly got to be thinking ten steps ahead. Built up areas roads live stock people. She took off after fox the other day straight down wooded valley and through a small holding. One minute nice peaceful next barking dogs, lambs chickens ducks all kicking off. I had to go fetch her off a mark and discretely disappear back into the woods 

IMG_2363.png.04b0054b22ec92f19f6c9091682b03ff.png

IMG_2364.png

• Like 6

I can’t imagine my life without dogs they are my escape from the doom and gloom of this country walking the hills forests with no other humans in sight is my peaceful place and I hope to do it for many more years 

• Like 10
3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Ffs tats it's not that bad is it 🤣

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, terryd said:

Mine is coming upto two so hopefully another ten years before I have to ponder on it. Right now I think I would go little bushing type dog which is ideal around her for a bit of ferreting and mooching about. Cover is the name of the game here. With a good working Lurcher unless you have one you can call off there’s no such thing as a relaxing walk. You constantly got to be thinking ten steps ahead. Built up areas roads live stock people. She took off after fox the other day straight down wooded valley and through a small holding. One minute nice peaceful next barking dogs, lambs chickens ducks all kicking off. I had to go fetch her off a mark and discretely disappear back into the woods 

IMG_2363.png.04b0054b22ec92f19f6c9091682b03ff.png

IMG_2364.png

Alas Merle was a seasoned fighter

58 minutes ago, dai dogs said:

I can’t imagine my life without dogs they are my escape from the doom and gloom of this country walking the hills forests with no other humans in sight is my peaceful place and I hope to do it for many more years 

Well said Dai 

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Yes mate. 😆 

Alas I'm prone 2 flights of fantasy an I pictured u poorly shod on street corners harassing anyone with a greyhound, come on mate just one slip 😔 

• Haha 2