Had yet another suicide outside my work last week, was out of office hours but was captured on our cctv ,we are alongside train tracks next to a station .In the past police have asked to see our cameras ,they haven't on this one .

When I looked back on the footage ,the guy appears on platform at approx 9.15am ,he finally jumps down on to tracks at 7.45pm ,spent 10 hours mulling it over on the platform directly opposite my works even saw myself leaving in afternoon and him on the platform. Think it's quite sad ,spent all day invisible. 

• Sad 8

That guy was going through massive inner turmoil sadly, my mate took maybe a minute, pulled up on the bridge, walked to the rail and vaulted over it to the road below. Just been a 27 year old local kid killed himself, robbed of £2.8 million quids worth of decent watches killed himself within 24 hours. 

• Sad 2
Posted (edited)

Not a nice subject on this beautiful 1st of June ! I witnessed 2 exactly a year apart 31st Oct one at 7.30am following year same day 10.30am ,I  seriously thought about not going in that day the year after !

What a dark place these people must be in ,still think 10hrs on platform and not raising any suspicion, concern ? Platform has lots of samaritan posters ,but obviously not enough 

Edited by waltjnr

Once someone has it in their head , you can’t stop it mate . 

im firmly of that opinion .  Yiu could save them once , or deter them , but that will only prevent it happening again until the next time. 

• Like 3

Your probably right Stiff,think if you jump infront of a train ,it's not a cry for help! Also I obviously feel for train driver ,can't be pleasant, this guy just stood on tracks back to train ,approx 10secs before impact

55 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Once someone has it in their head , you can’t stop it mate . 

im firmly of that opinion .  Yiu could save them once , or deter them , but that will only prevent it happening again until the next time. 

Sad but true ... 

Me dad drove Artics for 30 years....60.s till 80.s...driving through Lincoln one day a bloke jumped out in front of him trying to commit suicide...my dad said he had clocked the fella at the side of the road...but instead of looking at the truck he was looking at my dad...my old man said he had took his foot off the gas and was already hovering over the break pedal cos the way the chap looked at him...like he sensed something all this was in a split second...the bloke jumped and my dad hit his breaks...he hit the bloke ...thankfully he wasn't killed....but it shook the old man up....once over the shock he was pissed off the bloke chose someone else to be involved in his attempted death

Old man also found a suicide....driving up the A1 one night ...as he went under a bridge he said he thought he saw someone hanging from the bridge...but at the side not over the road...he was so convinced he came off at next junction and went back down then back up...pulled up on hard shoulder...sure enough he was correct....had to go find a phone box in the nearest town...then go back to wait at the bridge for the cops

My house looks out onto the m5 motorway bridge at Avon mouth and since they have made the Clifton suspension bridge jump proof we were getting one every few months sadly if they never hit it right they just ended up paralysed or f****d up in other ways as stiffy says once they are gone they are gone regardless a lad pulled an old lady from a local lake when I was younger made the papers haled as a hero etc a month later she went over the suspension bridge also one of my best mates was drinking with me in the pub after work he had gone down the conspiracy rabbit hole quite badly but unknown to me he had a rope noose in his loft hatch and within half an hour of being dropped home went straight upstairs put it on and jump off a chair over the bannister, life’s a journey and none of us know what’s round the corner 

• Sad 1

Mate of mine, all his three brothers topped them self's.knew another lad. smashing kid,just stuck his head on line.like stiff said once ya heads gone no one's gonna stop ya.

Know a train driver,happened to him twice, back in eighties.he said there's just nowt you can do.must be horrendous for him.  

• Sad 1