I need some more and need your help please.   

After extensive testing many years ago I found my FAC (around 28ft lb) Falcon loves the AA Field in 5.51 which used to be 15.89grains but now seems to be 16.003grains.   I also hear AA quality is not what it was.   I don't use vast quantities, but I've just started on my last tin, which I bought many years ago, the price on the tin is £8.60p.

Anyway, I'm told JSB Exact 5.51 is exactly the same, I also note they list as 15.89grain, which is the same as the AA Field used to be.

The AA Field I have are great, I was knocking down pigeons with ease on Tuesday at 3 different sites in the rain and wind at good distances, they have served me very well over the years.

Do I go the JSB route or stay AA?

Your advice/comments appreciated.

Thanks.

PS

Advice on best place to get either/both pellets appreciated, thanks again.

14 hours ago, Deker said:

I need some more and need your help please.   

After extensive testing many years ago I found my FAC (around 28ft lb) Falcon loves the AA Field in 5.51 which used to be 15.89grains but now seems to be 16.003grains.   I also hear AA quality is not what it was.   I don't use vast quantities, but I've just started on my last tin, which I bought many years ago, the price on the tin is £8.60p.

Anyway, I'm told JSB Exact 5.51 is exactly the same, I also note they list as 15.89grain, which is the same as the AA Field used to be.

The AA Field I have are great, I was knocking down pigeons with ease on Tuesday at 3 different sites in the rain and wind at good distances, they have served me very well over the years.

Do I go the JSB route or stay AA?

Your advice/comments appreciated.

Thanks.

PS

Advice on best place to get either/both pellets appreciated, thanks again.

Deker iv been a jsb man for years now and love them in 22 or 177

None of my rifles like air arms at all

But iv heard they are the same pellet 

And even heard they are made in the same factory 

Mind i wish they were the same price as they were years ago £22 now as to ur 8,60

How things have gone up 😭

All you can do is try them deker

Or get a few tester packs 

Any way hope you get sorted 

Atvb Jimmy 👍 👍 👍 

Thanks for responses. 

I've used the AA Field for 20+ years and always been happy, if it aint broke don't fix it, but maybe it's time to try some JSB!!!

:good:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Deker said:

Thanks for responses. 

I've used the AA Field for 20+ years and always been happy, if it aint broke don't fix it, but maybe it's time to try some JSB!!!

:good:

Try them in 5,52 deker 

There ace in mine 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Try them in 5,52 deker 

There ace in mine 

I lost about 0.5ft lb and a level of accuracy with 5.52 AA Field compared to 5.51!!!!!!!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Deker said:

I lost about 0.5ft lb and a level of accuracy with 5.52 AA Field compared to 5.51!!!!!!!

Funny how some rifles like 551

And some like 55,2 and so on 

Try some of the jsb jumbo 55,2

U may just get a surprise deker 

Cant hurt to try can it son atvb Jimmy 👍 👍 👍 

• Like 2

JSB make AA pellets albeit with Air Arms own molds although I believe they use the same lead / additives so you should be fine with JSB Jumbo Exact which is basically the same pellet. I tested AA vs JSB some years ago in .25 for my Impact fac and found a slight difference but once adjusted on the scope, it was just like using JSB as I went the other way round due to product availability with JSB in that cal at that time.

Phil

Posted (edited)

Well, nothing in life is simple...I ordered the JSB from Wolfman and they quickly arrived, but in a right state.....

189.jpg.3c5cd7e4071d9a4f3344805259a6f116.jpg198.jpg.3e4ee8794762382fcf806f032de35196.jpg

Virtually all 500 were in the box and not the tin, damage was immense, many were like the picture, and loads had superficial damage to them.

I have to say Wolfman were brilliant, and the replacement arrived within 24 hours, with a return label for the damaged ones.  Well done and thank you to Wolfman.

Anyway, I had to try them.  This was a very quick and not really scientific check.  I haven't put them over a Chrono yet, it was gusty, and it was only 25 yards in my garden, and 5 shot groups, I was going to fire 2 x 8 shot magazines but the target fell over in the wind after the first 5 so I settled for 5 of each.

063x.jpg.680bc87dbf3e03f6f41ab12a96eaa29d.jpg

I was surprised, the group on the left is AA Field (12.0mm spread), and the group on the right is JSB (5.7mm spread).  JSB are also shooting slightly lower.  Both groups are shooting a little to the right, but that will be down to the wind.  As the JSB are fractionally lighter I was surprised they shot a little lower.  Both are rated as 5.51 size.  Anyway more testing/checking will follow in due course, but initial reaction is, I'm happy with the JSB.

:):good:

Edited by Deker
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Looking good deker I'll await your testing results 

But I take it you are happy with them up to now 

Atvb Jimmy 👍 👍 👍 

Yep!!! :yes::good:

5 shots tearing a single hole is good in my book, but very early days.

Lots of testing yet to do.

• Like 2

Mind I'll not lie 

Chances are you Will get the odd flyer 

But im a big fan of jsb

And there ace as a hunting pellet 

Hit hard very hard 

I like to set my zero at 35 yrds and use my milbots for shooting out to longer distances 

Atvb Jimmy 👍 👍 👍 

• Like 1

One of the best pellets in the .22 cal classic rifles is the Falcon Accuracy Plus range

Here's my .22 cal mk1 FWBSport reducing th damage cause t o the crops using the Falcon pellets 13.43g 5.52 back in the summer of 2017

IMG_0680.JPG.ce47fa44022607382a184e32c85a1214.JPG

good luck buddy

atb. Mark

On 11/06/2024 at 11:20, mark williams said:

One of the best pellets in the .22 cal classic rifles is the Falcon Accuracy Plus range

Here's my .22 cal mk1 FWBSport reducing th damage cause t o the crops using the Falcon pellets 13.43g 5.52 back in the summer of 2017

IMG_0680.JPG.ce47fa44022607382a184e32c85a1214.JPG

good luck buddy

atb. Mark

I see you have hidden the shot gun out of range of the pic this time Mark 

Atvb Jimmy 👍 👍 👍 

• Haha 2