• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never left the UK mack . The Isle of Wight was pushing it for me . My mrs has done her share of travelling,  and so have the kids , but I've just never wanted to . I love the UK,  and I have

I've got pretty simple tastes . I take great pleasure from just putting a new chain on my chainsaw,  and making those first few cuts, it always feels fantastic.  When the kids ask what I want for my b

Bingo !!……there you have it. My wife was in the local paper shop this week, their electric bill was on the counter…..€2000 for the month !!! Meanwhile, China don’t give a f**k and are openin

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Would be great if we could bow hunt in the uk 

Personally I bloody hope it never happens in the UK, enough people with guns who can`t shoot for toffee think they can hunt, if idiots start with bows the papers will be full of animals with arrows hanging out of them, you get enough now with crossbow bolts!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, neil82 said:

Personally I bloody hope it never happens in the UK, enough people with guns who can`t shoot for toffee think they can hunt, if idiots start with bows the papers will be full of animals with arrows hanging out of them, you get enough now with crossbow bolts!

all that is 100% true , but I like the nostalgic idea of myself out hunting with a bow . The reality as you say isn't as good 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

all that is 100% true , but I like the nostalgic idea of myself out hunting with a bow . The reality as you say isn't as good 

Could just implement required training and licensing like with everything else I guess. 

Don't remember if it's y'all or Germany or somewhere where you have to this big hunters ed course,where you graded on animal anatomy,shit placement theory then you have to go score a certain amount with your equipment to pass

Did. It a lil odd though because when most think of archery and all the , whatever, lineage and tradition I guess  , they think of the uk ( insert Robin hood cliches) figured y'all would want to keep that

• Like 2
On 09/06/2024 at 17:41, Greyman said:

You can it’s only illegal if you get caught mate 

I would say is a few at it on the quiet,  out the way on permissions away from prying eyes.

On 09/06/2024 at 17:25, Welsh_red said:

Would be great if we could bow hunt in the uk 

I agree but also agree with what others said, I think it would only work with proper licencing and compulsory courses. Similar to deer stalking.

Must admit am hooked on the YouTube big game bow hunting vids. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

I agree but also agree with what others said, I think it would only work with proper licencing and compulsory courses. Similar to deer stalking.

Must admit am hooked on the YouTube big game bow hunting vids. 

Think like hunting with a catapult the real skill is getting close enough to your target mate a heart or vital organ shot with a decent head at close range will drop anything pretty quickly it’s pot shots from a distance that would leave animals running round half dead carrying an arrow for all to see but how do you legislate against idiots easier to ban it all than police it sadly 

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Think like hunting with a catapult the real skill is getting close enough to your target mate a heart or vital organ shot with a decent head at close range will drop anything pretty quickly it’s pot shots from a distance that would leave animals running round half dead carrying an arrow for all to see but how do you legislate against idiots easier to ban it all than police it sadly 

Totally agree pal

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered sum more crap of Temu . And one was an archery target . To be honest I was quite impressed with it for forty quid as they seem to be a ton plus over here. Ad a few shots with slingbow at 10 meters and yeah am impressed ! Another point for Temu !! 

IMG_5827.jpeg

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

Ordered sum more crap of Temu . And one was an archery target . To be honest I was quite impressed with it for forty quid as they seem to be a ton plus over here. Ad a few shots with slingbow at 10 meters and yeah am impressed ! Another point for Temu !! 

IMG_5827.jpeg

Decent group from a slingbow, what are the arrow shafts made from? 

Just now, mackem said:

Decent group from a slingbow, what are the arrow shafts made from? 

Carbon 400 spine fairly cheapies off fleabay but seem to fly ok ish . Its still a learning curve mate 

• 2 months later...

Latest purchase just over a tenner came with a basic carry bag. Used wood pellets and it flamed up for a good 30 mins and continued a heat burn for a further 2hrs does not give the heat out like a proper full size fire pit but looks nice on the table. You can buy a pot stand for a cooking if required so going to try that and going to use the pellets in the kelly kettle. Got the fireproof matt off temu for £4 as well.  

fp.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...