1 minute ago, mackem said:

The bow sounds a nightmare,have a look at PSE really good budget bows that will give you an inkling of whether you want to go bigger budget?

2312D36B-90C4-49DB-ADFB-DBD1046D8C33.jpeg

Its these little holes in the cam, apparently you can adjust draw length with these at home without a bow shop tune. If I get stuck , a fella who shoots longbows in comps who comes in my business said I can go to his gaff and he will help me 

IMG_5741.jpeg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never left the UK mack . The Isle of Wight was pushing it for me . My mrs has done her share of travelling,  and so have the kids , but I've just never wanted to . I love the UK,  and I have

I've got pretty simple tastes . I take great pleasure from just putting a new chain on my chainsaw,  and making those first few cuts, it always feels fantastic.  When the kids ask what I want for my b

Bingo !!……there you have it. My wife was in the local paper shop this week, their electric bill was on the counter…..€2000 for the month !!! Meanwhile, China don’t give a f**k and are openin

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

Its these little holes in the cam, apparently you can adjust draw length with these at home without a bow shop tune. If I get stuck , a fella who shoots longbows in comps who comes in my business said I can go to his gaff and he will help me 

IMG_5741.jpeg

Can I see a pic of the full bow please?How much was it?Have you actually loosed an arrow from it?

3 minutes ago, mackem said:

Can I see a pic of the full bow please?How much was it?Have you actually loosed an arrow from it?

Not fired an arrow yet , just drawn it to see how it felt . Was only £185 , had to get camo lol as that was the only one available with quick delivery. Just managed change the cams as we speak 

IMG_5742.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, mackem said:

I don’t know why but I always subconsciously look at a persons watch,force of habit I guess.

Latent homosexuality . It's all that fruit you eat for breakfast 😁.

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

Not fired an arrow yet , just drawn it to see how it felt . Was only £185 , had to get camo lol as that was the only one available with quick delivery. Just managed change the cams as we speak 

IMG_5742.jpeg

Doesn’t look bad for the price,the acid test obviously is how well it groups and shoots at 20-30-40 yards,stick your groups up Leo if you don’t mind once it’s tuned.

1 minute ago, mel b said:

Latent homosexuality . It's all that fruit you eat for breakfast 😁.

Homosexuality for a watch lol,everyone I associate with wears a nice timepiece,I think that’s the reason,I wish I was homosexual I would be worth a fortune heterosexuality equals kids equals poverty.

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, mackem said:

Doesn’t look bad for the price,the acid test obviously is how well it groups and shoots at 20-30-40 yards,stick your groups up Leo if you don’t mind once it’s tuned.

Bingo ! Just managed to adjust it I think and it feels better when I draw. Will  let a few shots off and see how I get on, yeah will post groups mate. Just get my head round setting this pin sight now lol. Must admit I enjoy learning new stuff.  

Edited by Leo Sayer
1 minute ago, mackem said:

Homosexuality for a watch lol,everyone I associate with wears a nice timepiece,I think that’s the reason,I wish I was homosexual I would be worth a fortune heterosexuality equals kids equals poverty.

I've often said that being a bummer would make life much simpler mack.

You could have sex whenever you want to , because no bloke ever said no to sex.

You could have the football on whenever you wanted to , because no bloke ever wanted to watch the sewing bee instead .

You could have a beer whenever you wanted to , because no bloke ever said no to a beer.

Yep , as long as you don't mind taking it up the chuffer from time to time , life would be much easier . 😄😄😄

I always wore a watch( i never had a very expensive one though), I lived my life by it .  But the day that my first wife passed away , I realised that clock time is totally irrelevant,  and I haven't bothered wearing one since 👍.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

Bingo ! Just managed to adjust it I think and it feels better when I draw. Will  let a few shots off and see how I get on, yeah will post groups mate. Just get my head round setting this pin sight now lol. Must admit I enjoy learning new stuff.  

How many pins has the sight?

2 minutes ago, mel b said:

I've often said that being a bummer would make life much simpler mack.

You could have sex whenever you want to , because no bloke ever said no to sex.

You could have the football on whenever you wanted to , because no bloke ever wanted to watch the sewing bee instead .

You could have a beer whenever you wanted to , because no bloke ever said no to a beer.

Yep , as long as you don't mind taking it up the chuffer from time to time , life would be much easier . 😄😄😄

I always wore a watch( i never had a very expensive one though), I lived my life by it .  But the day that my first wife passed away , I realised that clock time is totally irrelevant,  and I haven't bothered wearing one since 👍.

I don’t like footie or alcohol so I tick a few boxes I am 2/3’rds of the way towards homo-nirvana in the next life lol,I had a lady pass,makes you re-evaluate everything.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Next up was an archery release aid, which don’t seem to bad in my very limited experience, it’s very snatchy and needs be smoother. But does come with Allen keys to adjust it so will see. Then bought a target , which turned out to be a fancy carrier bag you fill yourself lol . So will fill and see . 

IMG_5737.jpeg

IMG_5736.jpeg

How well made is that release? I'd be worried of it failing and falling ti bits when I was full draw

22 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

How well made is that release? I'd be worried of it failing and falling ti bits when I was full draw

It's all new to me mate to be honest, like everything in life if it's cheap ya take your chances. I have a cheap wrist release for my slingbow and that has held just fine up to yet at full draw and constent practice. If i carry on with it all, I will probably get a Trufire which seem to be good by reviews 

59 minutes ago, mackem said:

How many pins has the sight?

I don’t like footie or alcohol so I tick a few boxes I am 2/3’rds of the way towards homo-nirvana in the next life lol,I had a lady pass,makes you re-evaluate 

5 pin mate 

I don’t watch any sport apart from occasional boxing. But I do like the odd drink tho 

IMG_5744.jpeg

Edited by Leo Sayer
4 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

It's all new to me mate to be honest, like everything in life if it's cheap ya take your chances. I have a cheap wrist release for my slingbow and that has held just fine up to yet at full draw and constent practice. If i carry on with it all, I will probably get a Trufire which seem to be good by reviews 

I bought the kids a compound that was class . Never done it myself but watched and listened to lots of stuff about American hunting and a guy called John dudley who owns a archery company called nock on seems to be one of the best around . Loads of his stuff on YouTube 

8 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I bought the kids a compound that was class . Never done it myself but watched and listened to lots of stuff about American hunting and a guy called John dudley who owns a archery company called nock on seems to be one of the best around . Loads of his stuff on YouTube 

Good stuff. I've just binge watched setting up a compound bow. Had a few shots that went far left, but now I have found my true centre shot and re adjusted it all, hopefully be better. Yeah I've seen a few nock on vids cheers 

4 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Good stuff. I've just binge watched setting up a compound bow. Had a few shots that went far left, but now I have found my true centre shot and re adjusted it all, hopefully be better. Yeah I've seen a few nock on vids cheers 

Would be great if we could bow hunt in the uk 

• Thanks 1