• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never left the UK mack . The Isle of Wight was pushing it for me . My mrs has done her share of travelling,  and so have the kids , but I've just never wanted to . I love the UK,  and I have

I've got pretty simple tastes . I take great pleasure from just putting a new chain on my chainsaw,  and making those first few cuts, it always feels fantastic.  When the kids ask what I want for my b

Bingo !!……there you have it. My wife was in the local paper shop this week, their electric bill was on the counter…..€2000 for the month !!! Meanwhile, China don’t give a f**k and are openin

Posted Images

4 hours ago, mackem said:

Off topic but I was chatting to a Chinese lady last night (she keeps a European hedgehog as a pet) we were discussing the local Chinese bloke who was arrested a couple of weeks ago for spying,a Brit Caucasian guy also arrested with him has been found dead.

Weren't the brit supposedly working for the japs ,suspicious death what ever 

2 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Weren't the brit supposedly working for the japs ,suspicious death what ever 

No mate,not Japanese,Chinese,out on bail and found dead,unexplained deaths locally have normally been Russians so I found this one quite interesting,the Chinese lady I was speaking to last night had once asked me to write a blog/vlog on my time in Xinjiang and how well the Uighur were living,lol,I didn’t fancy waking up dead so I had declined.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, mackem said:

No mate,not Japanese,Chinese,out on bail and found dead,unexplained deaths locally have normally been Russians so I found this one quite interesting,the Chinese lady I was speaking to last night had once asked me to write a blog/vlog on my time in Xinjiang and how well the Uighur were living,lol,I didn’t fancy waking up dead so I had declined.

Cheers I picked up on the suss death ,in a park ?? And thought typical Russian assignation, and sure I read japs not thinks, cos made me think we are on reasonable terms with the japs ,got that on wrong 

• Like 1

Matthew trickett  I'm on about spying for Hong Kong 

Mack ignore me I still thought Hong Kong was ours ,lol or at least the japs ! 

Tangent, I'm reading a book about what went on in Ambon in ww2 to the aussies ,they must hate the japs ! 

Edited by waltjnr
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Mack ignore me I still thought Hong Kong was ours 

I was actually there the last day it was ours,happy times.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, mackem said:

I was actually there the last day it was ours,happy times.

Mr Ben I didn't expect anything less ! 

Fall of the Berlin wall ??? There aswell ?? 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Mr Ben I didn't expect anything less ! 

Fall of the Berlin wall ??? There aswell ?? 

No mate,didn’t like Germany to be honest,not really an interesting country.

1 minute ago, mackem said:

No mate,didn’t like Germany to be honest,not really an interesting country.

What puts you off Germany mack ?. You seem to love just about everything. 

Just now, mel b said:

What puts you off Germany mack ?. You seem to love just about everything. 

I don’t know mate,never really warmed to it,I love Austria though,fantastic countryside and mountains.

1 minute ago, mackem said:

I don’t know mate,never really warmed to it,I love Austria though,fantastic countryside and mountains.

It's funny. I've worked with plenty of Germans,  and a couple of Austrians,  but considering how close the countries are , and both seem to speak the same language . They seem to be polar opposites in attitudes and temperaments. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mel b said:

It's funny. I've worked with plenty of Germans,  and a couple of Austrians,  but considering how close the countries are , and both seem to speak the same language . They seem to be polar opposites in attitudes and temperaments. 

I used to have an Austrian girlfriend who was very pretty maybe that coloured my views of the country,Vienna is a great city for a long weekend away with your lady if your ever thinking of a close city break.

Was in Hyde park barracks doing a drainage job ,and a low loader came in with a huge section of the wall, wish I'd knocked a chunk off for a souvenir, not sure on barracks ,no it was right near London zoi 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, mackem said:

I used to have an Austrian girlfriend who was very pretty maybe that coloured my views of the country,Vienna is a great city for a long weekend away with your lady if your ever thinking of a close city break.

I've never left the UK mack . The Isle of Wight was pushing it for me .

My mrs has done her share of travelling,  and so have the kids , but I've just never wanted to . I love the UK,  and I haven't finished looking around it all yet.

I love to read your travel stories , and hear the stories my friends and relatives bring home from around the globe , but I just don't get the urge to do it myself. 

I'm never happier , than when I'm sitting in a highseat waiting for a deer . Mooching along a hedgerow with my rimfire looking for a couple of rabbits , or just sitting outside my tiny caravan in my woodland,  just looking at the very poor quality stone wall that I built , and heads that I carved.

I must be a right simple minded feck 😄.

20240531_185453.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, mel b said:

I've never left the UK mack . The Isle of Wight was pushing it for me .

My mrs has done her share of travelling,  and so have the kids , but I've just never wanted to . I love the UK,  and I haven't finished looking around it all yet.

I love to read your travel stories , and hear the stories my friends and relatives bring home from around the globe , but I just don't get the urge to do it myself. 

I'm never happier , than when I'm sitting in a highseat waiting for a deer . Mooching along a hedgerow with my rimfire looking for a couple of rabbits , or just sitting outside my tiny caravan in my woodland,  just looking at the very poor quality stone wall that I built , and heads that I carved.

I must be a right simple minded feck 😄.

20240531_185453.jpg

Are those heads based on the moai of Rapa Nui?