What's wrong with some people.

Sad as it is mate a lot of it boils down when folk think BOP can have an effect on their lively hood's like the Moor keeper and Gamekeepers then you have the dedicated racing pigeon fanatics that a BOP hanging around their lofts can make the difference between loosing and winning a race. Its never sat right with me anyone who kills BOP though i have never been in a position where they could affect my lively hood. I remember year's ago going around a rearing pen with a keeper in Ashbourne Derbyshire who was a mate of my father's and seeing tall straight poles in the pen with a wire running down the side of them and when i asked what they where for he said he would place a fen trap on top when the poults where in the pen for tawny owls then the owls would fall to the floor down the wire and where less likely to be seen from anyone walking nearby. I will ad he was a keeper of the old school and anything that threatened the birds he had reared would be dealt with by any means necessary whether they were a protected species or not.

• Sad 1
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Sad as it is mate a lot of it boils down when folk think BOP can have an effect on their lively hood's like the Moor keeper and Gamekeepers then you have the dedicated racing pigeon fanatics that a BOP hanging around their lofts can make the difference between loosing and winning a race. Its never sat right with me anyone who kills BOP though i have never been in a position where they could affect my lively hood. I remember year's ago going around a rearing pen with a keeper in Ashbourne Derbyshire who was a mate of my father's and seeing tall straight poles in the pen with a wire running down the side of them and when i asked what they where for he said he would place a fen trap on top when the poults where in the pen for tawny owls then the owls would fall to the floor down the wire and where less likely to be seen from anyone walking nearby. I will ad he was a keeper of the old school and anything that threatened the birds he had reared would be dealt with by any means necessary whether they were a protected species or not.

It's sad mate tawny owls another beautiful looking bird. Keepers breed thousands of young pheasants it's sad to see them killing BOP. It's crazy because they rear the c**ts to shoot a find it mad. All that work put in by the keepers to shoot them. So what the odd bird taken by a BOP. It's going to cost them more than a pheasant if they get caught killing the BOP. 

Edited by Bangersanmash
  • Like 3