Pointer and whippet buddies.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My first springer bought as a six week old pup from a lad on the estate I live about 1986 not long after I had to sell the first house I bought due to being on strike for a year and moving into the co

I used to run this pair together. partners in crime lol. They soon worked things out. GSP here. Handy for sending into plantations whilst you wait on the other side for a bolt or sending out quarterin

I got a pointer and lurcher team the lurcher is also a pointer x ,  I only work my dogs day time on big open hill i do try to stick to gullies and big patches of rush suits the pointer more , she

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Samrog said:

brilliant photos @Bush Rummager would love a photo like that of my lurcher.

what camera do you use?

Cheers matey. I got loads buried away on dead laptops and cd's. I sold up years ago on the camera front mate but those pics were took with a Canon 7d and a 70-200 2.8 lense with stabilisation. Camera was £1040. Lense about £1300. I lot of moneys worth to be carting about on hot land.  Same camera be a fraction of that now mate!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Cheers matey. I got loads buried away on dead laptops and cd's. I sold up years ago on the camera front mate but those pics were took with a Canon 7d and a 70-200 2.8 lense with stabilisation. Camera was £1040. Lense about £1300. I lot of moneys worth to be carting about on hot land.  Same camera be a fraction of that now mate!

cheers mate, i keep looking but cant quite justify it for a new one, the money shots require the expensive lense i think, dont they. Just had a quick google thanks for that!

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Samrog said:

cheers mate, i keep looking but cant quite justify it for a new one, the money shots require the expensive lense i think, dont they. Just had a quick google thanks for that!

Yes mate.. the lense makes all the difference and they do hold their prices well unlike the camera bodies that drop in price as they're upgraded and new tech come out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got a pointer and lurcher team the lurcher is also a pointer x , 

I only work my dogs day time on big open hill i do try to stick to gullies and big patches of rush suits the pointer more , she has best nose Iv ever seen if it’s there she’ll find it , the lurcher is better at the longer hunts once it’s up and gone , I treat the pointer like lurcher though just let her go don’t call her or even try to guide her work just let her do her 

edited to add I’m looking to add to the team next summer so if anyone’s breeding any pointer x or have a good stud dog get in touch 

IMG_7948.jpeg

IMG_7431.jpeg

IMG_6664.jpeg

• Like 13
2 hours ago, fred90 said:

there is a litter in freeads, whippet x pointer look lovely pups, but price is steep 😙

1000 snuts, bargain!!  Lol

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, Black neck said:

That's mere sheckles 2 a man o your calibre 

You know the old saying, blacky, look after your dinars and your shekels will take care of themselves.

😄 👍

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2024 at 08:45, Wales1234 said:

I got a pointer and lurcher team the lurcher is also a pointer x , 

I only work my dogs day time on big open hill i do try to stick to gullies and big patches of rush suits the pointer more , she has best nose Iv ever seen if it’s there she’ll find it , the lurcher is better at the longer hunts once it’s up and gone , I treat the pointer like lurcher though just let her go don’t call her or even try to guide her work just let her do her 

edited to add I’m looking to add to the team next summer so if anyone’s breeding any pointer x or have a good stud dog get in touch 

IMG_7948.jpeg

IMG_7431.jpeg

IMG_6664.jpeg

Check out pets4homes , lurchers for sale. There's a litter of GWP x greyhound pups for sale in Barnard Castle. 

Absolutely nothing to do with me. Just responding to your post.

22 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Check out pets4homes , lurchers for sale. There's a litter of GWP x greyhound pups for sale in Barnard Castle. 

Absolutely nothing to do with me. Just responding to your post.

Thanks mate next year for , bit hectic around here at the moment for another dog 😅

• Like 1