Dogo Argentino blood

18 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Can anyone remember there was a phase around the millennium of having ridgeback in lurchers ? 

Yes i do remember it bieng a thing and i know of a dog spoken very highly of thats meant to have ridgeback in

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve never seen a working Dogo in person. Has anyone else on here ? What could they do here in the UK that a purpose bred lurcher couldn’t ?    There’s dogs here that take everything in th

As well as showing and judging Deerhounds; Ms. Noble also coursed them regularly with the Deerhound and Saluki Coursing Club ; Cheers.

this is my daughters bulldogo brother to my one 14 mths old

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Can anyone remember there was a phase around the millennium of having ridgeback in lurchers ? 

I had ridgeback x collie bull grey was decent bitch 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Saw a Thai Ridgeback on TV the other day, looked very nice, more “definition “ than the Rhodesians I’ve seen. ( this is just a “file” photo);

1AD399E4-A35B-4926-9F53-C1AF6F0E4E6D.jpeg.19bc78b813e83f22b900d496304f5b5c.jpeg

Wether or not it would add anything to lurcher breeding, well, I don’t know…..

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

My cousin had two pure ridgebacks he had to put into his lurchers. One was decent one was crap. The one he used on his lurcher made some good animals but didn’t exactly reinvent the wheel 

20 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

My cousin had two pure ridgebacks he had to put into his lurchers. One was decent one was crap. The one he used on his lurcher made some good animals but didn’t exactly reinvent the wheel 

I suppose really, it quality of the breed in this country, as most I should think come from show lines, and not working lines, like in South Africa. My mates got a borebol bitch, prob similar situation  over here with that breed as well. The best dogs in S/A stay there,  and send any poor bred ones out. Like in Turkey with Kangals they keep the best there,  but  most Kangals I reckon make good pig dog and deff dog, my mate goes over there alot his Mrs comes from there, and hell of dog he said they are, even   not the best, do anything we got in the Uk. 

I cant see a dogo doing anything over here that a well bred bull/grey wont do just as well or better and I can't see one adding anything to a lurcher that a decent game bred bulldog won't.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, downsouth said:

I cant see a dogo doing anything over here that a well bred bull/grey wont do just as well or better and I can't see one adding anything to a lurcher that a decent game bred bulldog won't.

There gamer than a pit so I'm told 

• Haha 2
On 12/06/2024 at 18:04, chartpolski said:

Saw a Thai Ridgeback on TV the other day, looked very nice, more “definition “ than the Rhodesians I’ve seen. ( this is just a “file” photo);

1AD399E4-A35B-4926-9F53-C1AF6F0E4E6D.jpeg.19bc78b813e83f22b900d496304f5b5c.jpeg

Wether or not it would add anything to lurcher breeding, well, I don’t know…..

Cheers.

🤢

Kin el, those things IS UGLY!!

1 hour ago, Black neck said:

There gamer than a pit so I'm told 

Stop stirring the pot  blacky.

You know, or have been told, nothing of the sort, you absolute CAD!!

On 12/06/2024 at 02:45, mr moocher said:

this is cain fourteen months old bulldogo the c**ts dug up my daughters garden and wrecked it shell lose her deposit when she decides to buy

thumbnail_image0 (29).jpg

That's bonny dog. Nothing in the picture for scale but I would imagine not a small dog. A bull mastiff in all but name and colour or KC registration. The phenotype of a bull mastiff.