Dogo Argentino blood

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve never seen a working Dogo in person. Has anyone else on here ? What could they do here in the UK that a purpose bred lurcher couldn’t ?    There’s dogs here that take everything in th

As well as showing and judging Deerhounds; Ms. Noble also coursed them regularly with the Deerhound and Saluki Coursing Club ; Cheers.

this is my daughters bulldogo brother to my one 14 mths old

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Alas my mind harks back to them halcyon days when men were men and dogs were real uns 

A time when not spotting the Kingfisher along a stretch of water was the exception not the rule...

• Like 5
On 23/05/2024 at 23:46, forest of dean redneck said:

Fella that ran the monteria forum kept them didn’t he?

Yes, he did. The breed is on the dangerous breed list here in NZ which means none can be imported, what I'm not sure on is, if semen can be brought into the country .

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Casso said:

What sort of hunting do ya do ?, they wouldn’t have a great nose, little terrier here picks up scent a lot quicker,

I think they’re sheer size and strength gives an illusion of drive because hey can inflict damage very quickly and not take much in return, I doubt many would go snout first into a stop end , with anything bigger that a fox 

I've never owned a Dogo nor have I seen one working in the field, however I do know hunters that have, and it seems a common finding, that even with a first cross you get a dog that is very driven and one that's keen to hold one out on any boar day in and day out.

Some more interesting facts, they are a breed that's quite resent, and unlike so many breeds we have today, the dogo is one that can be traced back to the two brothers who included ten different breeds to finally arrive at the dog we now know as the Argentine Dogo. The brothers wanted to include the word Argentine in the title to show, where the dog came from, it's now the national dog of that country.

Edited by toolebox
2 hours ago, mr moocher said:

they are renouned for having a good nose,and they have drive my bitch screams when she sees prey cant stop her,shes taken nearly everything possible here no problem

9 minutes ago, toolebox said:

To be fair Casso I don't know how anyone would know as to the above unless they owned one or went out a number of times with somebody that did and hunted with it. 

I've never owned a Dogo nor have I seen one working in the field, however I do know hunters that have, and it seems a common finding, that even with a first cross you get a dog that is very driven and one that's keen to hold one out on any boar day in and day out.

Some more interesting facts, they are a breed that's quite resent, therefore one that can be traced back to the two brothers who included ten different breeds to finally arrive at the dog we now know as the Argentine Dogo. The brothers wanted to include the word Argentine in the title to show, there the dog came from, it's now the national dog of that country.

Let's not be slack and silly here, fellas.

You seriously can't tell us that a roughly 100 lb bull/mastiff type dog, can catch rabbits, hare and deer on a regular basis.

If you are are, I'm calling you both utter liars, simple.

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, toolebox said:

To be fair Casso I don't know how anyone would know as to the above unless they owned one or went out a number of times with somebody that did and hunted with it. 

Some more interesting facts, they are a breed that's quite resent, therefore one that can be traced back to the two brothers who included ten different breeds to finally arrive at the dog we now know as the Argentine Dogo. The brothers wanted to include the word Argentine in the title to show, there the dog came from, it's now the national dog of that country.

Yeah , I get all that about the brothers creating the breed, interesting alright but I’m not convinced they’re more driven than a good bull hound or more athletic either,

as far as catching anything goes, they’re just too heavy boned to be useful on their own, 

best of luck 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Casso said:

Yeah , I get all that about the brothers creating the breed, interesting alright but I’m not convinced they’re more driven than a good bull hound or more athletic either,

as far as catching anything goes, they’re just too heavy boned to be useful on their own, 

best of luck 

On some of those points, I'd have to agree, so I've adjusted my quote post. 

32 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You seriously can't tell us that a roughly 100 lb bull/mastiff type dog, can catch rabbits, hare and deer on a regular basis.

shes seventy eight pound yeah shell catch dear rabbit pig fox brock 

• Haha 2
38 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Weel I have seen it with me own one good eye,it was driving a golf cart, pulling a loaded up trailer, full of game, including a couple of himalain mice, and it was souped up of course, me dear old one legged hunch backed mum saw it too. The damn thing as wearing a bower hat at the time. The share sight, made me down a few more magic mushrooms, Ive never bin the same since.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, toolebox said:

Weel I have seen it with me own one good eye,it was driving a golf cart, pulling a loaded up trailer, full of game, including a couple of himalain mice, and it was souped up of course, me dear old one legged hunch backed mum saw it too. The damn thing as wearing a bower hat at the time. The share sight, made me down a few more magic mushrooms, Ive never bin the same since.....

Now, I know that's the truth!!!  😄👍

• Haha 1