12 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I see the problem, they need to put up more of those traffic warning signs with the pictures of deer on them, problem solved. Glad I could help. Next.

Those signs have been up all through the mountains in west/south west Wales for years.

Simple c**ts still don't seem to be able to read them.  🤓

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great for the cats though 

But, the very fact that they do not live underground is a good thing because when you do inevitably find the bloody things, because there are 1000's of them everywhere now, the fact that they do not l

I think the Hunting Act has it covered by saying it’s illegal to hunt MAMMALS with a dog ; there’s no mention of native or non-native species.  Cheers.

39 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I see the problem, they need to put up more of those traffic warning signs with the pictures of deer on them, problem solved. Glad I could help. Next.

Along the A35 puddletown bypass they had reflectors on posts facing into the undergrowth to stop the deer going on the dual carriageway it doesn’t work .

43 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Deer can’t read the signs though 😕

• Haha 1

Those signs used to worry me when 1st travelling for sport. In England it was almost a statement of we know what you want and you cannot have them and crossing the border it was more like we know what you want, help yourself . 

• Haha 2

Deer are overrunning the countryside round my way, total pain in the arse. Bloody dogs are obsessed and just about ever walk ends up with some kind of “incident” and being fairly small dogs they get a bit of a battering. Old lurcher is 11.5 and got various issues but keeps pulling the fuckers down then can’t walk after. That may sound fun but I normally walk the dogs with my toddler on public footpaths and it’s not ideal! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

Deer are overrunning the countryside round my way, total pain in the arse. Bloody dogs are obsessed and just about ever walk ends up with some kind of “incident” and being fairly small dogs they get a bit of a battering. Old lurcher is 11.5 and got various issues but keeps pulling the fuckers down then can’t walk after. That may sound fun but I normally walk the dogs with my toddler on public footpaths and it’s not ideal! 

Could be worse, they don't live underground. 

Edited by eastcoast
edited to read "they" not "the".
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

Could be worse, they don't live underground. 

Thank f**k for that, imagine the size of ferret you'd need to bolt them?!

You'd have to be some sort of lion tamer just to control the c**ts!!

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Thank f**k for that, imagine the size of ferret you'd need to bolt them?!

You'd have to be some sort of lion tamer just to control the c**ts!!

But, the very fact that they do not live underground is a good thing because when you do inevitably find the bloody things, because there are 1000's of them everywhere now, the fact that they do not live underground is easier to explain. The largest mammal that lived underground when I started out with terriers is now extinct, pit ponies. 

• Haha 5
10 hours ago, eastcoast said:

Those signs used to worry me when 1st travelling for sport. In England it was almost a statement of we know what you want and you cannot have them and crossing the border it was more like we know what you want, help yourself . 

Them signs used to make my heart skip a beat especially with a couple of lurchers in the back. Now on my daily walks I am reduced to slipping an imaginary lurcher when I see one muttering the words get to it. 😆 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was a feature on the tv earlier this year about the growth in deer numbers. They were talking about the need to cull and interviewed a woman who ran a pre-school or nursery who'd put venison on the menu for the kids.

I can barely go out for a walk near me without tripping over roe. I'd never seen muntjac around here until very recently but have put up two in the last season. Unfortunately, Maud decided to be really clever and say, "No; you said I can't chase roe deer, you didn't say anything about muntjac." 

They're building a new reservoir where I walk the dogs and I was chatting to some of the blokes building it a couple of weeks ago. A pair of roe had managed to get themselves a lock-in inside the perimeter fence. I said they must be loving it without any untrained pet gundogs chasing them. They said they'd caught several muntjac when they were clearing the site but they were told that, as an invasive species, they're not supposed to re-release them. Is that true?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Neal said:

They said they'd caught several muntjac when they were clearing the site but they were told that, as an invasive species, they're not supposed to re-release them. Is that true?

That's correct.

• Thanks 1