Cocker x Terrier

Anyone experience with these for all round bush work and flushing to Lurchers how did you find them compared to a cocker etc , I’ve seen a few of cocker/begale/terrier mix just wondering if any one keeps a cocker terrier type and has a good input in them. 

Edited by Wild-Bill

Just now, Wild-Bill said:

Anyone experience with these for all round bush work and flushing to Lurchers how did you find them compared to a cocker etc , I’ve seen a few of cocker/begale/terrier mix just wondering if any one keeps a cocker terrier type and has a good input in them. 

I've met two recently.

The first was cocker x Russel. It was only kept as a pet but the owner said she thought I'd like one as she knows I work my kelpies and hers had caught several rabbits and squirrels. Lovely little thing it is.

The second was a dachshund x cocker. Once again it seemed like a nice dog but when I asked if it was worked he said that was the intention but didn't say any more. I noticed it at first as I was crossing a bridge and it was in the stream below us; looked just like a cocker from above and it wasn't until I saw the leg length that I realised it must have dachshund in it too.

Two major benefits of both of them were that the coats was nice and short and tight (I've seen several very "fluffy" cockers over the last few years) and that both were more laid back and less "busy" than some pure cockers.

I have one but i havent worked her. Lovely dog. She has shown eagerness to go in the bushes whenever she has been around them but shes mostly a pet. She is getting on now so i doubt i will do anything with her. Shame cos i would have loved to see her work