13 minutes ago, bird said:

That's class 2 he got, he not passed his class, but could as moved big trailers round the  yard lot times. I think he might do that if really want to chase the coin 🤔

£220 a day down here on the muck or skips 8-4:30. 

wont do nights out as like you say won’t get to see the family so feck that. 

• Like 2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pass 2 minors !!

Reversing manoeuvre passed this morning. So one more test to go! 

Passed cpc 4 this morning, just practical driving next week now, last step. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

£220 a day down here on the muck or skips 8-4:30. 

wont do nights out as like you say won’t get to see the family so feck that. 

Sent you a pm. 👍

• Like 1

Done my class 2, 10 years ago.  Needed it for the Cranes.  That's a very good money earner if you don't mind being home and a good money earner if you like being home. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Passed cpc 4 this morning, just practical driving next week now, last step. 

When's your first asylum seeker run fella? 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, tomburras said:

That's awsome I'm chuffed for you!

These are a great hgv sat nav.....

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Suitable for Car and HGV. TomTom GO Expert Plus Sat Nav 7". LEZs are also visible on the...

Thanks mate! Will take a look at that, was going to be my next question. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Thanks mate! Will take a look at that, was going to be my next question. 

They are fantastic and big screen is easy to see quickly, also does chevrons across the screen before turns so you can have volume off if you prefer. I end up all over the country and I'm crap with directions this think keeps me on the fastest and best route it is a real lifesaver......

If you need a sat nav immediately until your propper one arrives use an app on your phone called road lords it is free and great, put in your height, weight and lentgh that will get you going. If you need areas to sleep in or tacho break use the app truckfly for laybys etc let the map load and tap on the parking spot you want - if you have road lords installed (or sygic) it will go onto them automatically. When using the address from truckfly for the layby delete everything up to and the @ symbol so you only have the grid reference points. Tap go and they will take over. Truckfly is a really good parking app I use it every night for tramping.

Another great hgv sat nav app is sygic, I use that also. It's £100 for life and automatically updates. You get a 7 day free trial so maybe try that too to see if you like it, or use it until your sat nav arrives. I much prefer sygic to road lords. 

3 hours ago, tomburras said:

If you need a sat nav immediately until your propper one arrives use an app on your phone called road lords it is free and great, put in your height, weight and lentgh that will get you going. If you need areas to sleep in or tacho break use the app truckfly for laybys etc let the map load and tap on the parking spot you want - if you have road lords installed (or sygic) it will go onto them automatically. When using the address from truckfly for the layby delete everything up to and the @ symbol so you only have the grid reference points. Tap go and they will take over. Truckfly is a really good parking app I use it every night for tramping.

Another great hgv sat nav app is sygic, I use that also. It's £100 for life and automatically updates. You get a 7 day free trial so maybe try that too to see if you like it, or use it until your sat nav arrives. I much prefer sygic to road lords. 

Thanks for the advice mate, will download it now, got to get used to the tacho next,been watching a few vids and hopefully it’s as easy as it seems lol 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Thanks for the advice mate, will download it now, got to get used to the tacho next,been watching a few vids and hopefully it’s as easy as it seems lol 

Just remember you can drive 4.5 hours and a break is needed you can do 6 hours with other work (as long as you don't drive more than 4.5 hours in that time) then a break of 45 mins is needed. If your drive time hits 4 hours look for a parking place don't push it unless your familiar to the area - you might find nowhere to park. You can pull into services and have a break for up to 2 hours for free normally.  Sorry if If you allready knew that I'm new to this too I only started 5 months ago. So 6 hours until you need a break as long as you don't exceed 4.5 hours drive time. Tap no1 twice to put it on bed for break. I use this to keep an eye on it.....

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Clock: 12 /24 Hour Clock. Displays Hr/Min/Sec(AM/PM) Alarm Function For Nights Out - Great for trampers!