• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pass 2 minors !!

Reversing manoeuvre passed this morning. So one more test to go! 

Passed cpc 4 this morning, just practical driving next week now, last step. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, mackem said:

Congrats what’s your plans once your fully qualified?

Not much mate, wanted to get it under my belt my pal runs muck away company and skips so can jump on the tippers or loader if and whenever I want.. 

it’s more of a plan b 

• Like 5
On 14/05/2024 at 10:44, Daniel cain said:

Always good to add another 'feather' to ones cap Kevin....plenty of work out there,rates aren't the best,but its honest work....and will come with a few perks Im sure👍

Perks ? All the hitch hikers you can handle ? 

• Haha 1
On 06/07/2024 at 18:37, waltjnr said:

Perks ? All the hitch hikers you can handle ? 

And prostitutes to murder.

Cheers, D.

• Haha 4
On 06/07/2024 at 16:05, lurcherman 887 said:

Passed 3 parts to theory have show me tell me next week then train and practical. 

That cpc was tricky had to go back and take it again failed first time 

Great! Are you going straight to class 1? 

13 hours ago, tomburras said:

Great! Are you going straight to class 1? 

No mate class 2 I could of done class one but only going to be on the muck lorry’s so maybe something for the future if ever needed.

just wanna get this mod 4 show me tell me and restraining loads stuff out the way haven’t been nervous until now lol. 
start my training next Monday for the full week. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

No mate class 2 I could of done class one but only going to be on the muck lorry’s so maybe something for the future if ever needed.

just wanna get this mod 4 show me tell me and restraining loads stuff out the way haven’t been nervous until now lol. 

I have two mates who make tremendous money doing trans European truck driving. It helps if you have a smattering of French/Spanish /Italian and German. You don't have to be fluent.

Think they do ten days on ten days off or similar. They sleep in the cab and it's lonely but you get paid properly.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I have two mates who make tremendous money doing trans European truck driving. It helps if you have a smattering of French/Spanish /Italian and German. You don't have to be fluent.

Think they do ten days on ten days off or similar. They sleep in the cab and it's lonely but you get paid properly.

So many options out there and side courses to do, hiab adr grab ect seem to open some doors. Wouldn’t have it in me to sleep away from family for weeks on end. Only chance that will happen is if I end up back on the films and go on location. Also great money. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

It's straight forwards you will be fine, when you start your training get into the routine of loads of mirror checking and when you pass get a new hgv tomtom and put in your lentgh, weight and height. They are a lifeline! Watch out for idiots on the roads and I wish you the best of luck! 👍 

1 minute ago, tomburras said:

It's straight forwards you will be fine, when you start your training get into the routine of loads of mirror checking and when you pass get a new hgv tomtom and put in your lentgh, weight and height. They are a lifeline! Watch out for idiots on the roads and I wish you the best of luck! 👍 

Isn't he better off just asking Ray?

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, tomburras said:

Thanks very much mate appreciated 

On 14/05/2024 at 07:33, lurcherman 887 said:

Yes mate I didn’t book class 2 even though you can fast track from car to class 1 now, I’m not planning on driving articulated. Class 2 perfect £3200 all in, passing my theory on the practice app already so hopefully a breeze, more worried about the cpc to be fair 

With class, what my son got he delivers oil to houses, farms, etc. Not bad job money OK, home every day see his wife and kids. But wants more money. Before this job he done firms different work,  had to do 3-4 nights out, sleeping in cab, OK he got the extra money but didn't see his family. So got this job, he told me he skint again, I said we'll you know what do for more money, it either leave your job you got, now and go for more money nights out. Lorry driving even class 1, to make it pay it's night out deff 4 nights, not seeing your family, you won't make pay doing 40 hours 9 - 5 job no way. 

1 minute ago, bird said:

With class, what my son got he delivers oil to houses, farms, etc. Not bad job money OK, home every day see his wife and kids. But wants more money. Before this job he done firms different work,  had to do 3-4 nights out, sleeping in cab, OK he got the extra money but didn't see his family. So got this job, he told me he skint again, I said we'll you know what do for more money, it either leave your job you got, now and go for more money nights out. Lorry driving even class 1, to make it pay it's night out deff 4 nights, not seeing your family, you won't make pay doing 40 hours 9 - 5 job no way. 

That's class 2 he got, he not passed his class, but could as moved big trailers round the  yard lot times. I think he might do that if really want to chase the coin 🤔