Always good to add another 'feather' to ones cap Kevin....plenty of work out there,rates aren't the best,but its honest work....and will come with a few perks Im sure👍

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pass 2 minors !!

First day yesterday done fine started at 5:30 home for 3:15 started on the tippers enjoyed it just need to master the Tacho! 

Reversing manoeuvre passed this morning. So one more test to go! 

Posted Images

The railway put me through my HGV so I could drive road railers it’s an intense test and a lot to keep it going medical, certification of proficiency etc but it’s a good ticket to have be assertive on the test do not clip a curb and think of pedestrians cyclist etc.

I also operated crane and grab lorries the amount of private jobs you get offered when people know you drive and operate a grab is unreal swimming pools patios rubbish endless, good luck.

• Thanks 1

I did mine recently straight to Class 1 and then changed career to be a hgv driver. Best thing iv ever done the peace and freedom is great. You get to see some awsome countryside and travel the country. Can be tough sleeping in laybys tho. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Mines 5 days four hours a day then test at the end. The theory seems mainly common sense to be fair I’ve whizzed through it. Hazard perception might be bit different though. 

Mine was a 2 week course. The test was from the DVLA centre in Cardiff back to St Athan via the back roads without any mistakes at all, Then came the Theory test, then the reversing test, Around 40% of us passed first time, Then we went on to do a trailer test, Then Hiab,

6 minutes ago, paulus said:

Mine was a 2 week course. The test was from the DVLA centre in Cardiff back to St Athan via the back roads without any mistakes at all, Then came the Theory test, then the reversing test, Around 40% of us passed first time, Then we went on to do a trailer test, Then Hiab,

Why do they make you wear the hijab once you have passed all your tests? Muslim company?

Countries gone mad

happy-arabian-woman-wearing-hijab-600w-1282732489.jpg

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Why do they make you wear the hijab once you have passed all your tests? Muslim company?

Countries gone mad

happy-arabian-woman-wearing-hijab-600w-1282732489.jpg

You need to go to specsavers Lol

I've had my hgv class 2 about 16 years now. I started driving about 25ish years ago on the 7.5 tonners now I'm on an eight wheel tipper. I used to love it,now I'd pack in tomorrow if I could, it's not a healthy lifestyle long hours sitting gives me lots of back  knee etc problems. One thing with an hgv licence you'll always find work. I'd go for you're class 1 you've got more choice than just class 2. Rigid trucks you're just a bigger van driver lots of handball or pallet network jobs for class 2 driving. We've got grabs at work some of the places they get trucks into is crazy,back streets in Sunderland and Gosforth are a nightmare. Truck driving is something you'll either love or hate it's that type of job. Good luck whatever you decide 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Dazmac said:

,back streets in Sunderland 

Back lanes in mill field, pallion, Southwick and the town centre. 

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Passed 3 parts to theory have show me tell me next week then train and practical. 

That cpc was tricky had to go back and take it again failed first time 

Dunce lol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Passed 3 parts to theory have show me tell me next week then train and practical. 

That cpc was tricky had to go back and take it again failed first time 

Congrats what’s your plans once your fully qualified?