Just booked it up anyone done it ? 

mate runs a skip firm reckons he get me in strait away. And even if that falls through good to have under the belt ? I won’t be doing multi drop shit just grab or skip 

• Like 2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pass 2 minors !!

Reversing manoeuvre passed this morning. So one more test to go! 

Passed cpc 4 this morning, just practical driving next week now, last step. 

Posted Images

I had an HGV Class one from I was 21 ‘till I was 65. The company I worked for put me through the test as we were developing, fitting, calibrating and testing tachographs in there early days.

I kept renewing it even when I lived abroad as I thought it would allways be handy to have, but gave it up when I reached the age when I needed regular medicals to renew and the doctors wanted £150 for the medical. 
Great fun driving a 40’ low loader artic, but I probably wouldn’t have wanted to do it for a living for the whole of my career.

Cheers.

• Like 2

I had an interest in doing it years ago,ended up doing a Microlight course instead,don’t regret not doing it nowadays.

39 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I had an HGV Class one from I was 21 ‘till I was 65. The company I worked for put me through the test as we were developing, fitting, calibrating and testing tachographs in there early days.

I kept renewing it even when I lived abroad as I thought it would allways be handy to have, but gave it up when I reached the age when I needed regular medicals to renew and the doctors wanted £150 for the medical. 
Great fun driving a 40’ low loader artic, but I probably wouldn’t have wanted to do it for a living for the whole of my career.

Cheers.

i could t think of anything worse for a job then driving 

i was allowed to drive them form 16 test brakes reverse over the pit up and down getting trailers in the shunter young kids today wouldn’t be allowed 

me brother in law worked fixing them from school at 16 he’s early 50s now only just made him pass his test 

I did mine when I left hunt service. Thought it would be good to have under my belt. Clipped a kerb on my first test and failed, passed second time. 

Did a couple of weeks multi drop delivering furniture and it was an experience I won't forget. Got a bit of work moving vehicles round the country, get a train somewhere and bring one back etc. that was ok. So gave it up though 

Not driven since. Going to be renting a 7.5 ton in next few weeks and helping a mate move back from down south and am quite looking forward to that. I didn't have 7.5 automatically on my license like some of you old buggers had.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Just booked it up anyone done it ? 

mate runs a skip firm reckons he get me in strait away. And even if that falls through good to have under the belt ? I won’t be doing multi drop shit just grab or skip 

Get away with just doing you’re class 2?????

I've been driving hgv for more years than I care to remember,  and I've had a proper gut full of it now.

Just remember,  that it'll soon become as easy as driving your car , and , don't forget to cover your skips.👍

• Thanks 2
8 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Get away with just doing you’re class 2?????

Yes mate I didn’t book class 2 even though you can fast track from car to class 1 now, I’m not planning on driving articulated. Class 2 perfect £3200 all in, passing my theory on the practice app already so hopefully a breeze, more worried about the cpc to be fair 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Will take my test in automatic so bit easier lol, I wouldn’t have done it if my pal didn’t offer a job. Seems a doddle to be fair. Maybe will get my own lorry and just run muck time will tell ! 

9 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Yes mate I didn’t book class 2 even though you can fast track from car to class 1 now, I’m not planning on driving articulated. Class 2 perfect £3200 all in, passing my theory on the practice app already so hopefully a breeze, more worried about the cpc to be fair 

Good luck with it pal hope it all works out 

• Thanks 1

Did my class 3 back in 1985 then class 2 in 1986, drove over most of Europe whilst in the forces, Drove for a couple of firms after leaving, Hated every minute of it. Didn't bother renewing when i reached 45 as i couldn't think of anything worse than sitting in traffic and second thinking muppets who shouldn't be on the road, Nowadays i am on a restricted license so the old grandad rules no longer apply to me. 

Its crazy to think 2.5 days to go from car to class 1, 1 day reversing, 1 day driver training, half day test. Obviously have to do your theory first, which judging by our drivers appears to be the hardest part 100% pass rate with our lot on the driving though.

11 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Its crazy to think 2.5 days to go from car to class 1, 1 day reversing, 1 day driver training, half day test. Obviously have to do your theory first, which judging by our drivers appears to be the hardest part 100% pass rate with our lot on the driving though.

Mines 5 days four hours a day then test at the end. The theory seems mainly common sense to be fair I’ve whizzed through it. Hazard perception might be bit different though. 

• Like 1

I was asked 'name 2 audio warnings that you may have on a wagon'.

I said 'that beeping thing when reversing' . I couldn't think of a second one. The examiner spent a few minutes trying to give me clues before climbing in the wagon with a whispered 'fcks sake' and pressing the horn 🤣

I actually passed that time as well 😂 

• Haha 3