Few Carp

AG rod pods are over rated give me bank sticks any day :thumbs: is it hard using a spod as never used one myself plus my casting is not brill as spend most of my time on pole :thumbs:

Here are matey it really is a simple but effective way to cover an area with a certain amount of bait. it took me a few attempts to master but

i got there. I pacticed in an open field measured an area of 5ft by 5ft paced out 30 yards to start with and started casting then worked on from

there.

Read this:

A Spod is a rocket shaped tube used for getting light weight Carp baits at range.

To cast your spod you will want a rod capable of handling 6 -12 oz’s. A cheap beach caster is ideal. With the spod empty or containing some water

cast the spod to the zone you want to ground bait. When you are happy with the range, clip the line onto the line clip on your spool and now when

you cast the clip should drop the spod into your zone every time. Some people start spodding for a few days before fishing to create a feeding

frenzy of Carp. Others just start on the day – the choice is yours.

Hope this helps N2H.

Edited by AIRGUNNER

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest friedrice
Decided to get down the lake the other day for a 24 hour session, it wasnt to bad once i had the bivvy set up and was in the warm with the kettle

going and portable tv on. Any way on the fishing side of things it went better than i thought it would, methods i used on both rods were 9inch hair

link's with a 2oz inline lead and size ten hooks so nothing complicated, using boilies on the hair and occasionally using the odd small pva bag and

spod. In the 24 hours of being down there i managed 9 carp and 1 bream 7 of the carp were over the 5lb and biggest was a 16lb 14oz so glad i

went really as times have proved quite hard in the last month two. Heres a couple pictures.

16lb 14oz mirror

marley16lb.jpg

7lber during the night

dannys7lb8oz.jpg

little common

nicoldcom.jpg

6lb bream

6lbbbream.jpg

Cheers AG.

that bream is a good fish at 6 lb. where did you get them from airgunner

nice carp there matey, i know people fish for catfish using those tripods like that, cant see any reason you cant carp with them too

If you was to read the posts and not just look at the pictures then it would tell you what the tripod was being used for.

Heres my rod pod ;)

rodpod.jpg

Edited by AIRGUNNER
nice carp there matey, i know people fish for catfish using those tripods like that, cant see any reason you cant carp with them too

If you was to read the posts and not just look at the pictures then it would tell you what the tripod was being used for.

Heres my rod pod ;)

rodpod.jpg

i was and did read your post mate, i was just saying why cant those tripods be used for carping?

for places like drop offs, pitts, deep waters?

just a thought thats all, i know they are used for catfish and ive seen them used for pike too on slow rivers