5 hours ago, Greyman said:

I,m just getting into the subject and am certainly no doctor, but I do talk to and listen to a lot of people and a polish girl at work is really big into the herbal remedy’s and was telling me her brothers prostate cancer has gone completely after taking this stuff daily in small doses, which is my winter project, find, harvest and turn into medicine still doing a lot of reading up at the moment to avoid killing myself lol but turkey tail mushrooms look like another good thing to get on 

AB9622B3-140C-4852-B07A-2B883F6AAE23.png

Sounds like a bold claim but im not sure any of these herbal things actually do any harm so who knows....i know its a tricky one with prostate cancer as virtually all men over a certain age end up dying with but not of prostate cancer,like i say my pals had it about 12 years and his life has not changed one bit.....i know theres controversy in the medical game as to whether its even worth telling people they have it in certain cases......as in the stress,worry and anguish a diagnosis causes outweighs the risk they will ever die from it or even need treatment in many cases.

• Like 3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I expect looking at the demographic of people on here there are more than one or two with prostate issues, I am not a fan of tablet a day for life type of medication  so don’t take the tablets I was p

First batch of Nettle root in Gin on the go. Cheers Arry

Going to sound a bit childish this but apparently keeping your mens bits doing their job is beneficial for the prostrate. Dont know how true it is but it’s good fun doing it anyway !…….unless you

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Can you recommend any good books on the subject? I'm trying to stop myself using the internet to much 

Take up knife making, cut your digits off, and we'll never hear from you again  :lol:

• Haha 4
On 08/05/2024 at 06:49, Greyman said:

I,m just getting into the subject and am certainly no doctor, but I do talk to and listen to a lot of people and a polish girl at work is really big into the herbal remedy’s and was telling me her brothers prostate cancer has gone completely after taking this stuff daily in small doses, which is my winter project, find, harvest and turn into medicine still doing a lot of reading up at the moment to avoid killing myself lol but turkey tail mushrooms look like another good thing to get on 

AB9622B3-140C-4852-B07A-2B883F6AAE23.png

Have a look at "Hen of the Woods" (Maitake), "Lions Main" , "Birch Polypore" all suppose to be anti cancer.

My Father-in Law had  prostate cancer for 19 year went to his bone in the end that killed him. Also a mate I metal detected with almost up to Christmas just gone had it for 5 years he was a well fit man body builder rugby player. He had no symptoms till he had a well man check up they then found it he had treatment but it went to his bones as well we lost him about six weeks ago, lovely bloke. RIP Mark my mate.

GM I'm a believer in the hedge row medicines mate. Had my first cup of Nettle tea about hour ago not the best taste to be honest might put some Mint in the next pot Lol.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 4
35 minutes ago, Arry said:

Have a look at "Hen of the Woods" (Maitake), "Lions Main" , "Beech Polypore" all suppose to be anti cancer.

My Father-in Law had  prostate cancer for 19 year went to his bone in the end that killed him. Also a mate I metal detected with almost up to Christmas just gone had it for 5 years he was a well fit man body builder rugby player. He had no symptoms till he had a well man check up they then found it he had treatment but it went to his bones as well we lost him about six weeks ago, lovely bloke. RIP Mark my mate.

GM I'm a believer in the hedge row medicines mate. Had my first cut of Nettle tea about hour ago not the best taste to be honest might put some Mint in the next pot Lol.

Cheers Arry

I mix it with honey and chill it in the fridge drink it cold mate 

• Like 3

I often get up at least once in the night but, in my case, it's because I drink lots of fluid as I've got kidney stones.

I had by first batch almost twenty years ago. They were all either zapped, removed or "passed" (ouch!) but they came back several years later. I now take indapamide every day. It's to lower blood pressure (which I don't have a problem with) but one of its side effects is to reduce the body's production of potassium. As my stones are potassium based (and I'm a natural "stone former"), they've not grown any bigger in the five years or so I've been taking it.

To get back to topic though...as far as I know I don't have a prostate problem...but I'm still going to try nettle tea. We've got lots of it at the back of our garden. I normally leave it because it's so good for several butterflies but I might sacrifice some in the name of science.

• Like 4
On 08/05/2024 at 11:36, DIDO.1 said:

Can you recommend any good books on the subject? I'm trying to stop myself using the internet to much 

Grow your own drugs by James Wong is a good book but I just use utube for most things 

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Neal said:

I often get up at least once in the night but, in my case, it's because I drink lots of fluid as I've got kidney stones.

I had by first batch almost twenty years ago. They were all either zapped, removed or "passed" (ouch!) but they came back several years later. I now take indapamide every day. It's to lower blood pressure (which I don't have a problem with) but one of its side effects is to reduce the body's production of potassium. As my stones are potassium based (and I'm a natural "stone former"), they've not grown any bigger in the five years or so I've been taking it.

To get back to topic though...as far as I know I don't have a prostate problem...but I'm still going to try nettle tea. We've got lots of it at the back of our garden. I normally leave it because it's so good for several butterflies but I might sacrifice some in the name of science.

I had kidney stones when I was about 30, I've never felt pain like that when they moved, it dropped me on the floor like I'd been shot. Pissing them out wasn't as bad as on the way down. I've drank over 4 liters of water every day since. They reckon the pain is similar to a women giving birth, poor girls.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Cooked tomatoes with the skins I've heard is good to help prevent prostate cancer.

i have heard that mentioned before about the tomatoes....another good diet is the Mediterranean diet, apparently these countries on the med diet don't have prostate cancers because of the good food they eat....

• Like 2
7 hours ago, tillylamp said:

i have heard that mentioned before about the tomatoes....another good diet is the Mediterranean diet, apparently these countries on the med diet don't have prostate cancers because of the good food they eat....

And olive oil I believe

• Like 3
12 hours ago, tillylamp said:

Been reading quite a bit lately since GM started this thread and Tomatoes especially when made into a sauce is very good along with what GM said Olive Oil. The Mediterranean diet seems to have huge benefits. I find it a struggle myself cutting back on Butter, Chips, Salt, and Bread but I do include a lot of veg in my diet. Although I have gone over to eating Muti Grain Bread and now love it. I said this in other threads that changing to Muti Grain stopped reflux over night and never came back. My Brother-in-Law die after getting cancer Oesophagus from having reflux for many years, wish I had known about white bread then. I was doing a rabbiting job for a chap that has a bakery that does a lot of sour dough and Muti grain breads, he was the one that told my about white bread giving reflux. He told me that the breads we buy from super markets are made from modern grains and reckons our bodies have not got used to them. he buys all his grain from eastern Europe old fashion grains.

I read an article the other day about the benefits of eating Sardines which have vitamin D and good omega 3 benefits so been having them about twice a week in sandwiches. A lot of people in the Northern hemisphere are lacking in vitamin D especially in the winter as we get most from the sun.

Sorry guys got bit carried away there Lol.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
bloody predicted text
  • Like 6
5 hours ago, Greyman said:

And olive oil I believe

Apparently 2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil with 2 teaspoons of chia seeds and a dash of cayenne pepper is supposed to be very good for heart health if you take is as a shot everyday. 

• Like 1