• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I expect looking at the demographic of people on here there are more than one or two with prostate issues, I am not a fan of tablet a day for life type of medication  so don’t take the tablets I was p

First batch of Nettle root in Gin on the go. Cheers Arry

Going to sound a bit childish this but apparently keeping your mens bits doing their job is beneficial for the prostrate. Dont know how true it is but it’s good fun doing it anyway !…….unless you

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

As far as I’m aware my prostate is in fine fettle but I reckon I’m gonna give that nettle tea a spin.

prevention better than cure👍

• Like 1

A good pal of mine who was diagnosed with prostate cancer 11/12 years ago swears by Pomegranate......he drinks the juice as a replacement for tea/coffee and his Psa number has actually come down he's never taken a tablet for it just has the surveillance tests they have occasionally.....i'll let him know about the nettle thing.

• Like 3

After recent blood tests and an examination due to loosing a lot of weight and most of the problems Greyman has described it was confirmed by the doctor i had a slightly enlarged prostate and he left it up to me weather i wanted to take medication for it which i declined and the GP told me not to try and drink liquid after 6 at night. Thanks for the heads up Greyman i will give it a go. One thing it did make me realise the mental torture millions are going through awaiting test results for serious medical conditions my heart goes out to them and i wish them luck..

• Like 7
8 hours ago, paddyluke said:

they say nettle root is the best

WWW.LONDONHERBS.COM

Symptoms of BPH can include frequent urination, weak urine flow, and difficulty fully emptying the bladder...

Got one almost ready just wash it cut in small bits and soak in vodka somewhere cool and dark for a month then take a few drops a day, 

C332829E-DC87-4309-8142-EFF6E2AD56D6.jpeg

• Like 2
18 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Does this mean you don't have to get the digit up the keister anymore?

You still do. I was told by the GP that the blood tests will only detect cancer and it was the examination that detected the enlarged prostate and feck knows what he had on his gloves as the rest of the day after the examination I felt as though I had shit myself. Lol

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

A good pal of mine who was diagnosed with prostate cancer 11/12 years ago swears by Pomegranate......he drinks the juice as a replacement for tea/coffee and his Psa number has actually come down he's never taken a tablet for it just has the surveillance tests they have occasionally.....i'll let him know about the nettle thing.

I,m just getting into the subject and am certainly no doctor, but I do talk to and listen to a lot of people and a polish girl at work is really big into the herbal remedy’s and was telling me her brothers prostate cancer has gone completely after taking this stuff daily in small doses, which is my winter project, find, harvest and turn into medicine still doing a lot of reading up at the moment to avoid killing myself lol but turkey tail mushrooms look like another good thing to get on 

AB9622B3-140C-4852-B07A-2B883F6AAE23.png

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

You still do. I was told by the GP that the blood tests will only detect cancer and it was the examination that detected the enlarged prostate and feck knows what he had on his gloves as the rest of the day after the examination I felt as though I had shit myself. Lol

Sounds like he forgot to take the sovereign ring off before going in lol

• Haha 2

Have high PSA for my age (51) an enlarged prostate and blood in my piss. Just waiting for a date for an MRI to get it looked at. Had a cystoscopy on Friday which ruled out bladder cancer. I’ll give the nettle root and pomegranate juice a try. Cheers.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Have high PSA for my age (51) an enlarged prostate and blood in my piss. Just waiting for a date for an MRI to get it looked at. Had a cystoscopy on Friday which ruled out bladder cancer. I’ll give the nettle root and pomegranate juice a try. Cheers.

same age as me when i was having trouble.

only advice i can give is keep ya chin up bud and try not to read too much into it. 

w.w.w. is a great thing but can fuxk up ya head reading this and that.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Could have been tingly lube if you felt a hand on both hips

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

I,m just getting into the subject and am certainly no doctor, but I do talk to and listen to a lot of people and a polish girl at work is really big into the herbal remedy’s and was telling me her brothers prostate cancer has gone completely after taking this stuff daily in small doses, which is my winter project, find, harvest and turn into medicine still doing a lot of reading up at the moment to avoid killing myself lol but turkey tail mushrooms look like another good thing to get on 

91vS+YL3t-L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

4 hours ago, Greyman said:

Can you recommend any good books on the subject? I'm trying to stop myself using the internet to much 

Bit too late for me. Trying my dambnest to get the consultant to make even a telephone appointment. I understand that my PSA has reduced from 10.5 to 9 but that is not really reassuring. Not having too much of a problem through the night but generally flow is not very good. Apparantely I’m with holding about 400mm but considering the amount I consume that’s hardly surprising. I am 70.  Just as an aside, having read you post on nettle tea, I have spent the last couple of hours researching a bit more. It was very enlightening and I am going to check that it will not affect any meds I’m taking for blood pressure issues. I sense it’s a goer. Jok.

2 hours ago, antg said:

w.w.w. is a great thing but can fuxk up ya head reading this and that.

👍

27 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I'm trying to stop myself using the internet to much 

Same as me.

Just been reading about cranberry juice, pomegranate juice, citrus juice, zinc, B vitamins etc!!!

I've been on tamsulosin tabs for the last few years, and to be honest, they work well.

But I'm sick of taking the amount of medication that I have to take, and if I miss a tamsulosin just once, I'm back to square one for the next 3-4 nights!!

So I'm going to try the nettles and the pomegranate juice for a while, see how it goes.