4 hours ago, Arry said:

Been reading quite a bit lately since GM started this thread and Tomatoes especially when made into a sauce is very good along with what GM said Olive Oil. The Mediterranean diet seems to have huge benefits. I find it a struggle myself cutting back on Butter, Chips, Salt, and Bread but I do include a lot of veg in my diet. Although I have gone over to eating Muti Grain Bread and now love it. I said this in other threads that changing to Muti Grain stopped reflux over night and never came back. My Brother-in-Law die after getting cancer Oesophagus from having reflux for many years, wish I had known about white bread then. I was doing a rabbiting job for a chap that has a bakery that does a lot of sour dough and Muti grain breads, he was the one that told my about white bread giving reflux. He told me that the breads we buy from super markets are made from modern grains and reckons our bodies have not got used to them. he buys all his grain from eastern Europe old fashion grains.

I read an article the other day about the benefits of eating Sardines which have vitamin D and good omega 3 benefits so been having them about twice a week in sandwiches. A lot of people in the Northern hemisphere are lacking in vitamin D especially in the winter as we get most from the sun.

Sorry guys got bit carried away there Lol.

Cheers Arry

It's lycopene in tomatoes, and tomato based food products, Arry, some other fruits and veg as well.

Tomato puree has a high percentage of it.

Very beneficial for a number of health issues, including prostate problems.

I also eat a good amount of sardines, through the week, some in tomato sauce, lycopene again.  👍

• Like 4

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I expect looking at the demographic of people on here there are more than one or two with prostate issues, I am not a fan of tablet a day for life type of medication  so don’t take the tablets I was p

First batch of Nettle root in Gin on the go. Cheers Arry

Going to sound a bit childish this but apparently keeping your mens bits doing their job is beneficial for the prostrate. Dont know how true it is but it’s good fun doing it anyway !…….unless you

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I had kidney stones when I was about 30, I've never felt pain like that when they moved, it dropped me on the floor like I'd been shot. Pissing them out wasn't as bad as on the way down. I've drank over 4 liters of water every day since. They reckon the pain is similar to a women giving birth, poor girls.

The bloke who zapped mine said that one of his female colleagues had given birth and passed kidney stones and said she'd take the pain of birth over the kidney stones any day of the week. I often remind my wife of this...although I should add that, when giving birth, the only pain relief she had was half a paracetamol. I meanwhile was contorted on a stretcher wailing, 'Give me the morphine!' with my second attack.🤣

• Haha 4
15 hours ago, Greyman said:

And olive oil I believe

there are a few fake olive oils out there that you should check first....there was a program on this the other week...they were saying that a genuine olive oil usually comes in a green glass bottle as it stops a lot of day/sunlight from penetrating the oil...whereas clearer bottles in day/sunlight can get tainted and a bit bitter.....and some companies are adding canola oil (rape seed oil) to it but advertising it as olive oil....always read the label bud..... 

16 hours ago, Neal said:

The bloke who zapped mine said that one of his female colleagues had given birth and passed kidney stones and said she'd take the pain of birth over the kidney stones any day of the week. I often remind my wife of this...although I should add that, when giving birth, the only pain relief she had was half a paracetamol. I meanwhile was contorted on a stretcher wailing, 'Give me the morphine!' with my second attack.🤣

Wow, I think women are a lot tougher than blokes in dealing with pain, they must be. I remember the morphine was the only thing that stopped the pain of the stones, best stuff ever. It was a bit too good and when the nurse offered me more the next day, I said no. I'm glad I never got into hard drugs but thank god for them.

• Like 1

Was watching clarksons farm and he's growing lions mane mushroom. Been looking into the benefits of that.... Just ordered some dried powder, apparently you add it to tea 

• Like 5

Going to sound a bit childish this but apparently keeping your mens bits doing their job is beneficial for the prostrate.

Dont know how true it is but it’s good fun doing it anyway !…….unless your my old woman of course in which case I’m sure it’s a pure f***ing nuisance ! Lol 

• Haha 8
29 minutes ago, WILF said:

Going to sound a bit childish this but apparently keeping your mens bits doing their job is beneficial for the prostrate.

Dont know how true it is but it’s good fun doing it anyway !…….unless your my old woman of course in which case I’m sure it’s a pure f***ing nuisance ! Lol 

I was told that by the surgeon when I had the snip mate, 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Was watching clarksons farm and he's growing lions mane mushroom. Been looking into the benefits of that.... Just ordered some dried powder, apparently you add it to tea 

From Aldi mate 👍DSC_6103.JPG.0f9755d6dd3628010c64652fcfdafbc3.JPG

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Greyman said:

I was told that by the surgeon when I had the snip mate, 

Yep me too! Use it or lose it!!! .edited post as found out initial comment was exaggerated! 

Edited by Aled

Tried stinging nettle tea for the 1st time today, was a lot better than I anticipated. Going to endeavour to have a cup a day for a few weeks. 

I found lions mane on a fallen oak at mine a few years ago, sliced & fried in garlic butter it was handsome in baguette, I had an amazing nights sleep & the next day I felt like a fog had lifted from my brain, similar to post psilocybin. The oak has never fruited the lions mane again unfortunately. Last autumn I cut it into 3 sections & dragged it out of the way, will give it another year if no mushrooms itll be logged or slabbed if I get a chainsaw mill.

IMG-20240516-WA0002.jpeg

Screenshot_20240517-023858~2.png

• Like 5