• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Other than going out for a meal or private function,Ive not been out and had a drink on a weekend or a friday in a pub for over 20 yrs...can honestly say Ive never missed it.... especially as every cn

Got to agree, I don't go in town much anymore, but enjoy a pint in our old local haunts, get to see lads you haven't seen in a while and catch up, we host up here alot now so tend to habe my good mate

Whispering in your ear what he wants to do to you? Where were you drinking? The blue oyster?

Posted Images

On 26/04/2024 at 16:34, Cunningstunt said:

It was a family argument, you should not have got involved in hindsight but you obviously didn’t know till after.

Family or not....2 young girls were getting knocked about id do the same with hindsight.

Posted (edited)
On 26/04/2024 at 22:04, downsouth said:

Your right I wouldn't just walk by and watch some c**t bullying a young girl. But if a couple of fellas were having a set to in a boozer or in the street and a couple of girls decided to go poking their noses in then that's their lookout.

The girls were not poking their noses in they worked there.....knowing the area like i do i very much doubt they would have been too comfortable about ringing plod which was the only other option being as every other c**t was standing their watching.

Edited by gnasher16
Posted (edited)
On 26/04/2024 at 17:08, NEWKID said:

Got to agree, I don't go in town much anymore, but enjoy a pint in our old local haunts, get to see lads you haven't seen in a while and catch up, we host up here alot now so tend to habe my good mates abd family around in our bar more than going out. My old man ran a pub in North Devon for 15 years or so, first few years were mental, lots of locals liked to pick a fight with us Townies! Lol .. it was good fun as a young bloke, birds loved us and the blokes hated it lol...

We give up on traditions too easily in this country we're always giving off and moaning about how the country is finished and how foreigners are taking over yet simple things like going to the footie or going down our local, boozer,things that our fathers and grandfathers would have done till the day they died we now as middle aged blokes turn our backs on.....how can we expect to keep our identity and traditions if we're willing to give up on them as easy as we do.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 27/04/2024 at 17:40, Astanley said:

That's a lot of fights you've been in for a "very quiet bloke " have you just got one of those faces people like to punch ?

There's only one way to find out 

You know? 

On 26/04/2024 at 16:47, dogmandont said:

The last place I lived was out in the sticks on the shores of lough Neagh, lovely little community with plenty of hunting, fishing and shooting folks, the centre of that community like a lot of rural places was the pub, from a Monday to a Thursday if you dropped in for a beer you could here a pin drop, every man just in for a pint and a yarn but come the weekend it turned into the Titty Twister from Dusk till Dawn, seen more dust ups in that little pub than I'd ever witnessed before. But one thing I never saw was a female get a finger laid on them, it's just a line nobody crossed and rightly so. 

it’s the uk favorite pastime or was lol friday saturday nights some times locked up friday night out saturday tea and back locked up for midnight everyone agreed to a breach of the peace or a drunk and disorderly you was laughing lol 

nothing better then pulling a bloke for been out of order  and the bird gets stuck into you lol been glassed more then once by a bird 

if you ain’t ever had to rag a bird about by the hair and hammer throw them there’s something wrong lol 

• Haha 3
30 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it’s the uk favorite pastime or was lol friday saturday nights some times locked up friday night out saturday tea and back locked up for midnight everyone agreed to a breach of the peace or a drunk and disorderly you was laughing lol 

nothing better then pulling a bloke for been out of order  and the bird gets stuck into you lol been glassed more then once by a bird 

if you ain’t ever had to rag a bird about by the hair and hammer throw them there’s something wrong lol 

Hammer 🔨  throw 😅😅

I haven't had the fighting career some on here seem to have but had a couple of fights when I was younger , won a few , lost way more than I won tho . Its a a small town but every weekend there was somebody having a scuffle or a proper fight at the end of the night but never really any police involvement unless they were driving past and caught it . Phoning the police wasn't even in people's mind back then eve the pubs would just get them out of the pub and carry on as usual . It's changed now with less and less people out drinking the pubs have closed down 1 by 1 and were down to 1 pub and 2 hotels . When I was 15/16 (I'm 40 now) we had 10 or 11 pubs and the generation before me had near 20 . 

My old boss made a great point about the downfall of people drinking linked to mobile phones.  He said years ago everybody went out on a Friday and Saturday because you weren't in contact with all your mates through phones you went our because you didn't want to miss out . Worst thing imaginable was not going out Friday then hearing at football saturday that Friday was the best night out I'm months.  Now every younster knows who is out on a Friday by Tuesday that week and all It takes is one to say their not out then they all start to fall like a deck of cards.  I've seen it with youngsters who I've had work for me they know few of the boys aren't out on weekend so they don't go out . 

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Classy. 😂😂

• Haha 1