Wildlife Getting Closer

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Raw egg seems to have stimulated his appetite and milk  have removed most of the ticks and will pop up the abattoir in a bit to get some liver to help replace iron etc Surprised he is still here and n

Wish I'd had my camera still not bad for phone shots. Cheers Arry

I see that up at my woodland in Wales.  When the pheasant poults are taken to the release pens , it's not unusual to see 20 to 30 , red kites, buzzards , and ravens , all circling together. Its q

Posted Images

On 09/06/2024 at 11:00, Neal said:

Forgot to mention in the last post that a couple of days ago I saw a buzzard and kite circling in the same thermal. I initially thought I was misidentifying one of them but it was definitely one of each.

Get the same here 

Been an on going project planting wild flowers plus packets and packets of wild flower seed on the steep back of my house. At the moment its Oxide Daisy's turn.

IMG_4519.jpeg.46751e53a80f281db41c2657556e3035.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Arry said:

Been an on going project planting wild flowers plus packets and packets of wild flower seed on the steep back of my house. At the moment its Oxide Daisy's turn.

IMG_4519.jpeg.46751e53a80f281db41c2657556e3035.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Beautiful that is mate...my Mrs loves them

• Thanks 1

I found a robin's nest in the local wood on Monday. Three eggs but she'd not started sitting yet. 

Went back on Tuesday to find her sitting on the nest so left her to it. Decided to check in one of my books how long incubation is and go back to get some photos of the parents feeding the chicks.

Wednesday: no bird and only one egg!

Thursday: last egg gone. Plenty of jays, magpies and squirrels in the wood. I wonder which it was.