My permissions been sold to a syndicate and they don’t want anyone else on the ground so that’s over 1000 acres of  permission I had gone , permission round my way is like gold dust and usually there’s always someone on it and it’s not shared …. Too hot round here now for running anything at night or a bit of hedgerow lamping from the car , Lincolnshire police are all over you if out at night looking for a shine .

got a few permission left for ferreting but strictly no dogs , think I’m about done with the job lads 

getting harder and harder to get enjoy this game now and I don’t envy young lads or lasses trying to break through now 

• Like 3
  • Sad 8

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

gone a the days walking off the back fields with a couple of hares or bambi over the shoulder threw the estate and home such a massive change in 20 years imagine in another 20

Made ends meet by squeaking up Charley for the pelts Squirrel tails Jays wing Rabbits etc. Different days they just twat every thing now with night sights. Keepers from the bordering estate to one of

The coursing game and hunting with dogs the laws surrounding it have changed beyond imagination that some of us older generation could ever imagine in such a short space in time and not only is it the

Posted Images

There was a feature on the national news yesterday lunchtime about deer numbers and saying we should be encouraged to eat more venison. You'd think someone would put two and two together and come up with the obvious solution. 

• Like 3

It is more difficult for sure. If you have a dog with a bit of go you have to constantly second guess what if. What if a hare jumps up and goes straight through field full of sheep next door where I don’t have permission plus you don’t want spook sheep. What if a fox has passed recently and there every bloody where. Roads new houses people buying patches of wood just to camp in it. No room to swing a cat. Having a dog you can call off would be handy but that’s beyond me. But we will plod on 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Neal said:

There was a feature on the national news yesterday lunchtime about deer numbers and saying we should be encouraged to eat more venison. You'd think someone would put two and two together and come up with the obvious solution. 

I don't think the majority of people in the country would add any support for any government's decision, to allow people to hunt deer in this country.

As most probably believe all the negative rubbish reported in newspapers etc, about rowdy groups of yahoos, hell bent on killing everything in sight, will descend on the land immediately around them, with their 'specially bred' bull crosses being thrown out of van doors to murder innocent wildlife.

A cull of sorts might work though, lol.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, kanny said:

Be it hunting or fishing,  syndicates are the scourge of the common man.

Even finding this in metal detecting with organised group digs 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lurcher works pretty much done in Lincolnshire I think 

Very few rabbits , what is there is lamped to death and the rifle boys mop them up 

same with foxes there shot on mercilessly probably worse now with the rise of thermal

you couldn’t get a decent run in round me because everyone’s on hotline to lincs police , but it’s the dog lads own fault cruising the fields in 4x4 then posting for all and sundry on social media 

• Like 7
22 minutes ago, terryd said:

It is more difficult for sure. If you have a dog with a bit of go you have to constantly second guess what if. What if a hare jumps up and goes straight through field full of sheep next door where I don’t have permission plus you don’t want spook sheep. What if a fox has passed recently and there every bloody where. Roads new houses people buying patches of wood just to camp in it. No room to swing a cat. Having a dog you can call off would be handy but that’s beyond me. But we will plod on 

It is not illegal for your dog to accidentally get up on a hare or deer, just take your dog for a walk and if it brings down a deer by accident put it out the way take the dog home then come back later without dogs, think when you drive out with dogs lamps etc in the same motor then chuck your catch in the boot you are just f***ing yourself up and don’t film it, I know people that drive the lanes at night picking up roadkill nothing the law can do stick a lurched and a lamp in the car and your f****d it’s always the motor that is your weakness the games changed massively so the players need to adapt also 

• Like 4

gone a the days walking off the back fields with a couple of hares or bambi over the shoulder threw the estate and home such a massive change in 20 years imagine in another 20

• Like 18
1 hour ago, kanny said:

Be it hunting or fishing,  syndicates are the scourge of the common man.

Says something though that a few lurcher lads can't chip in on a syndicate lol. I've always struggled (since I've had an interest in lurchers) with permission ,other than when I was abroad which was ideal had I had more time there. I've sold my thermal and lamps, my bitch is getting on now at 8 , much loved family dog that comes with us on holidays and hikes..but it's not worth the trouble to me now, as well as prioritising my family with the little spare time I have I like a bit of fishing which doesn't require fitness regimes etc lol. I've enjoyed some good company , places and experiences whilst dabbling with lurcher work. Next dogs probably be guarding type or knockabout terrier. 

• Like 7

Sorry to hear this,what a number your government have done on yous,the bloody cheek of them,honestly lads I'm speechless,you can murder a baby upto six months which dont get pain releif but you can't hunt fox,I'm lost for words.

I despise the eu but yous are going to have to use there tactics against them,you can freely hunt in Europe,someone needs to take a case to the courts there,thsts the only way you could possibly overturn it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, poachers apprentice said:

My permissions been sold to a syndicate and they don’t want anyone else on the ground so that’s over 1000 acres of  permission I had gone , permission round my way is like gold dust and usually there’s always someone on it and it’s not shared …. Too hot round here now for running anything at night or a bit of hedgerow lamping from the car , Lincolnshire police are all over you if out at night looking for a shine .

got a few permission left for ferreting but strictly no dogs , think I’m about done with the job lads 

getting harder and harder to get enjoy this game now and I don’t envy young lads or lasses trying to break through now 

Only times I’ve been done is in Lincoln 

8 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Sorry to hear this,what a number your government have done on yous,the bloody cheek of them,honestly lads I'm speechless,you can murder a baby upto six months which dont get pain releif but you can't hunt fox,I'm lost for words.

I despise the eu but yous are going to have to use there tactics against them,you can freely hunt in Europe,someone needs to take a case to the courts there,thsts the only way you could possibly overturn it.

Where can you freely hunt in Europe ? I thought most of it was done under licenses ect .

46 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Only times I’ve been done is in Lincoln 

It’s hot here mate what with the fens so close etc 

I got stopped once walking on a footpath to a permission for some ferreting  with my box on my back and nets and the Lurcher in tow. 
someone had seen me from road and rang the police rural hotline and said they thought I was hare coursing 😂 

coppers said they have to take everything seriously these days , I said there taking the piss , dog was under control and I wasn’t breaking the law could give details of where I was going and farmers number but I refused to give mine 

proper shirty b*****ds round here 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coursing never had a leg to stand on once Gallelio got set up 

Gallelio is a brand of policing that is slowly being franchised over the uk , north York’s , east anglia are all buying into it now . 

the reality was that once that money from LACS money went into the labour bank , that was it , the ban was o babe books and was tightened up recently . 

a lot of mud is chucked at the lads who conduct stubble rallies , one of the true facts was that once coursing was outlawed , only the outlaws can go coursing . 

that type of behaviour was not the norm when it was legal , look at how the likes of the forley was conducted . Awful really when you think what we lost 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1