• 2 weeks later...

On 16/04/2024 at 12:00, The one said:

Thats looks a small pond will it support her brood ?.

On 16/04/2024 at 12:00, The one said:

Thats looks a small pond will it support her brood ?.

Sorry for late reply mate. The canal is just at the side of the pond. If it's the Same Swan she normal nests on the canal side in the bulrushes. 

On 02/05/2024 at 20:01, Bangersanmash said:

Be after stealing the eggs little stinky b*****d. Sound close to a main road there. 

It’s actually just off a quiet residential street,the swan kept hissing at the rat.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, mackem said:

It’s actually just off a quiet residential street,the swan kept hissing at the rat.

Sounds busy for a quiet residential street. There's a few area's like that on your way to brid on the east coast side when you go the scenic route. There's  a few little villages with these small ponds dotted around. You normally see a few ducks & odd Swans in summer months. 

I know it used to be an adventure when as kids bird nesting trying to get one of their eggs for your birds egg collection when you were brought up being told they could break your arms with their wings. lol

• Like 2
On 07/05/2024 at 07:59, tatsblisters said:

I know it used to be an adventure when as kids bird nesting trying to get one of their eggs for your birds egg collection when you were brought up being told they could break your arms with their wings. lol

Ano my grandad used to tell me that. Listen kid don't go too near waters edge it'll have thi arm off just be careful 😆

• Haha 1