Rats the size of dogs

On 18/04/2024 at 19:34, DIDO.1 said:

Saw two tails sticking out of this box, one still moving so I went for the gun. One in the trap and another one eating it. I wasn't quick enough to bag the cannibal rat.

PXL_20240418_113832135.MP.jpg

I had one that was killing by birds few years back now.  Killed my karkarikis the b*****d. Ended up finding a few bird which had been pulled into the middle of the concrete blocks that my flights were sat on. A never thought that the rats would get through due to them being strong blocks. Its the blocks that you see at the side of the Railway. The ones that keeps the electrical cables in.  Net work Rail gave me a good few numbers of them. The down fall was they were open in the middle where the cables normally go. So due to me turning them upside-down and bedding them like that to sit the timber frames on. Made easy access for the rats to run up and down inside the b*****ds. But f***ing hard for me. So I ended up concreting the ends to the b*****ds would be trapped if any where in. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New gun , 3 days old ,I’ve put about 50 pellets through it so far when this presented its self yesterday at dusk 12 m away in the garden …..would have been rude not too …. .22 jsb hades out the kitchen window 

5573FDD2-CBCA-41F7-80B4-A0E394423114.jpeg

• Like 3
On 21/04/2024 at 06:05, Bangersanmash said:

I had one that was killing by birds few years back now.  Killed my karkarikis the b*****d. Ended up finding a few bird which had been pulled into the middle of the concrete blocks that my flights were sat on. A never thought that the rats would get through due to them being strong blocks. Its the blocks that you see at the side of the Railway. The ones that keeps the electrical cables in.  Net work Rail gave me a good few numbers of them. The down fall was they were open in the middle where the cables normally go. So due to me turning them upside-down and bedding them like that to sit the timber frames on. Made easy access for the rats to run up and down inside the b*****ds. But f***ing hard for me. So I ended up concreting the ends to the b*****ds would be trapped if any where in. 

Old post I know but those blocks your on about are called cable troughing and they have concrete lids that sit on the open bit ( the top ).

On 26/06/2024 at 18:00, Franks dad said:

New gun , 3 days old ,I’ve put about 50 pellets through it so far when this presented its self yesterday at dusk 12 m away in the garden …..would have been rude not too …. .22 jsb hades out the kitchen window 

5573FDD2-CBCA-41F7-80B4-A0E394423114.jpeg

HW35?

1 hour ago, low plains drifter said:

HW35?

Nah … got a Remington springer here but ‘twas a Gamo gx 40 , cheating I know ,but much quieter for the neighbours,and so accurate .for a cheap un  

• Like 1
On 01/07/2024 at 19:14, FLATTOP said:

Old post I know but those blocks your on about are called cable troughing and they have concrete lids that sit on the open bit ( the top ).

We used to walk along the lines with a sledge hammer knocking holes in em. Then when rabbits started using them they were easy to catch 🤣

• Like 1