Xc90 v discovery which one is better for reliability?

22 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

The old 3.1 Isuzu troopers are great motors, old now though and juicy but really reliable, safe, ole buses

My old man won’t have any other motor . As in he’s never ever had any other type of car for decades 

• Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive had a 2003 Rav4 D4D for a 6 yrs,its just done 160,000 miles, been everywhere in it,in all conditions and it aint missed a beat,parts are pennies and everywhere...parked it up for 3 yrs,didnt move.

The old 3.1 Isuzu troopers are great motors, old now though and juicy but really reliable, safe, ole buses

Sounds just like a landrover, every MOT time is like sitting in the police station waiting on the charge sheet being read out ffs,

Posted Images

2 hours ago, tillylamp said:

my dad's 1994 landcruisers 4.2td vx is still going strong today, he's had it from new and it's only got 140,000 miles on it, these engines can reach 500,000 miles before they need looking at, these  older models was the best ones, it's 30 years old and not showing many signs of getting old, he sprays old engine oil/diesel under it every year which keeps it clean, these toyotas are used a lot by the Arabs in the deserts and by the Australians in the outbacks for the simple reason that these vehicles were so reliable and one of the best motors ever made.... 

My mate has got the same one as your dad and it’s an amazing car it’s never going to break in our lifetimes, I’ve got the 3.0 litre one and it’s so reliable Sunday just gone I stuck 300 mile on it, it’s comfortable and versatile I can take it over the farm in heavy mud give it a clean and then take the Mrs shopping, I’ve had them all discovery’s Xtrails fourtrac Vitaras sportrack and others some are good some terrible but the Land Cruiser once you’ve owned one you just look down your nose at other 4x4s lol, and like you say any adventure or exploring program world’s dangerous roads etc it’s Landcruisers all the way, me and the mrs have a little joke when we see them on the TV in mad places we go Land Cruiser alert lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can go out in too, the 'Outback' driving a Land rover ...

But if you want to come back...you take a Land cruiser...

The best 4x4 ever made... Japanese lead the way,their trucks are on every continent in the world,for good reason 👍

• Like 4

Only thing wrong with a landcruiser is they dont have enough under sealer / waxoil on them from the factory, if you do that when you buy one and keep on top of it should last forever , if you dont you'll be welding it up and they seem to rot quick once they start 

• Like 5

I’ve had over 7 Isuzus never had one let me down can’t vouch for the newer ones tho, I had a solid 3.1 trooper my mate badgered me for it so let him have it cheap 2 weeks later he’s wrapped it round a telegraph pole pissed up

Any opinions on the Discovery sport  2017 onwards ,some good deals on them keep catching my eye ...I'd be looking at the Si4 petrol ⛽️ 

2 hours ago, kanny said:

Any opinions on the Discovery sport  2017 onwards ,some good deals on them keep catching my eye ...I'd be looking at the Si4 petrol ⛽️ 

Don't do it 

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Chid said:

Don't do it 

That bad? ...I never really know what to make of the newer land-rovers, they have such a bad reputation yet people I know say they have never had an issue with theirs 🤷‍♂️

53 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

ain’t been around the newer land rovers much but i think the interior feels looks cheaply made 

Yeah but I think on the outside they are top of the list for looks,  swings and roundabouts...I like the German interior design but look chit from the outside,  can't stand the look of the audi Q's, the BMW equivalents are worse lol....just weighing up my options really. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, kanny said:

personally myself, i would never encourage anyone to buy a landrover/rangerover as they are all crap, your only paying for the name, there mega bucks to mend when they go wrong,(and it will) if your buying a second hand one somebodies already put the miles on it and you will be the one who pays to put things right, if you could buy it brand new then your covered by warranty then swallow the loss in depreciation over the years...personally i would go down another route, but it's your choice at the end of the day.....  

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, tillylamp said:

personally myself, i would never encourage anyone to buy a landrover/rangerover as they are all crap, your only paying for the name, there mega bucks to mend when they go wrong,(and it will) if your buying a second hand one somebodies already put the miles on it and you will be the one who pays to put things right, if you could buy it brand new then your covered by warranty then swallow the loss in depreciation over the years...personally i would go down another route, but it's your choice at the end of the day.....  

Had a freelander 2 for the past 6 years, other than tyres and servicing its cost nothing, would buy another tomorrow if they were still getting made. I think any euro 6, dpf, adblue diesel is a potential costly pain in the arse, new cars are too complicated.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, oxo said:

Had a freelander 2 for the past 6 years, other than tyres and servicing its cost nothing, would buy another tomorrow if they were still getting made. I think any euro 6, dpf, adblue diesel is a potential costly pain in the arse, new cars are too complicated.

One of the reasons I'm looking at the petrol version, 90%+ of my driving is just the short commute to work work and back , probably 12-14 miles a day,  not ideal for diesel,  plus the petrol version is quicker 0-60 in just under 7 seconds,  that's just about bearable  😆 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, oxo said:

my brother had a freelander for some years which wasn't to bad, but then it started going wrong before it was worn out so he got shot of it, i think it's a bit of hit or miss with the freelanders, but landrover/rangerover i wouldn't one given to me there a pile of crap, it's the badge your paying for, it's a shame really, had landrover sorted there crap out and made them a good reliable motor it would have been a decent vehicle to have, but no, they keep producing the same old crap year after year...

and yes, cars are to complicated now.....

• Like 4