Mrs has taken in a foster dog from local charity as she knew id be happy to have it around. The pup has apparently been locked in a create since birth (thats what they have been told) currently estimated to be around 5 months old, emaciated and scared of people but loves other dogs and not fazed by kids at all. She is now getting more confident around us though and allowing us to stroke her and not bolting everytime we move.

Her diet mainly consisted of white bread according to people who bred her so first thing we have done is get her on some decent food and try build her up. She could hardly walk when we picked her up and certainly couldn't run, legs were simply too weak. 

Tbh she's a lovely little pup and since I've been considering another pup for a while now, it kind of suits me that she's here. 

We were told what other dogs were around when this pup was rescued so I have my thoughts about her breeding. 

Has anyone previously had any joy getting a rescue working successfully? We've got 2 weeks before the charity start promoting her for permanent home but we have first refusal if we wanted to keep her. 

Meet Jenny. 

20240323_130209.jpg

IMG-20240330-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20240330-WA0002.jpg

• Like 17

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mrs has taken in a foster dog from local charity as she knew id be happy to have it around. The pup has apparently been locked in a create since birth (thats what they have been told) currently estima

Bruce, possibly the most successful working rescue dog ? Cheers.

Well she is officially with us now. Put on 2.1kg in first 2 weeks, finally able to go out this weekend so had her on a short walk yesterday. She still a flight risk and hesitant to come back close in

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, scottpenn28 said:

Mrs has taken in a foster dog from local charity as she knew id be happy to have it around. The pup has apparently been locked in a create since birth (thats what they have been told) currently estimated to be around 5 months old, emaciated and scared of people but loves other dogs and not fazed by kids at all. She is now getting more confident around us though and allowing us to stroke her and not bolting everytime we move.

Her diet mainly consisted of white bread according to people who bred her so first thing we have done is get her on some decent food and try build her up. She could hardly walk when we picked her up and certainly couldn't run, legs were simply too weak. 

Tbh she's a lovely little pup and since I've been considering another pup for a while now, it kind of suits me that she's here. 

We were told what other dogs were around when this pup was rescued so I have my thoughts about her breeding. 

Has anyone previously had any joy getting a rescue working successfully? We've got 2 weeks before the charity start promoting her for permanent home but we have first refusal if we wanted to keep her. 

Meet Jenny. 

20240323_130209.jpg

IMG-20240330-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20240330-WA0002.jpg

5 minutes ago, scottpenn28 said:

Meet Jenny. 

20240323_130209.jpg

IMG-20240330-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20240330-WA0002.jpg

Bruce, possibly the most successful working rescue dog ?

78F26563-16FD-4B95-B60F-9F253B005890.jpeg.81632fb09681e7d9269d31992e5c3ef5.jpeg

Cheers.

• Like 16
15 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Bruce, possibly the most successful working rescue dog ?

78F26563-16FD-4B95-B60F-9F253B005890.jpeg.81632fb09681e7d9269d31992e5c3ef5.jpeg

Cheers.

Mark brick had nightmares about that dog 

• Haha 2
16 hours ago, scottpenn28 said:

Meet Jenny. 

20240323_130209.jpg

IMG-20240330-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20240330-WA0002.jpg

plenty of saluki in it hope it turns out a cracker for you 

First off,take my hat off to you and your good lady Scott,for giving the poor thing a chance💯..looks to be heavily saluki bred,I wish you all the best with it,and that you both see each other right😉👍

• Like 3
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

plenty of saluki in it hope it turns out a cracker for you 

If we decide to keep her then fingers crossed. From what we've been told there was several dogs of breeding age that were tied up and the guess is that it's a pup from 2 of those. Apparently a saluki, a whippet, a spaniel, a collie and a dachshund that we've been informed of. But as you say she looks like she's got a decent amount of saluki in her.

47 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

First off,take my hat off to you and your good lady Scott,for giving the poor thing a chance💯..looks to be heavily saluki bred,I wish you all the best with it,and that you both see each other right😉👍

Thank you, time will tell I guess but she will have plenty of time put into her and be taken along nice a slowly. 

Can definitely see the collie and dachshund in her, with that wall eye and stumpy legs.

Regards, pew 👍

😄   Good on you, fella.

Hope it all goes well for you.  👍

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 2

I think if and when you get that bond it will make a great worker with your effort. Without trying to sound too soft we’ve had a few rescue dogs and I think they really do know that you saved them.I say give it a chance 👍🏼

• Like 3
On 30/03/2024 at 16:57, scottpenn28 said:

Meet Jenny. 

20240323_130209.jpg

IMG-20240330-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20240330-WA0002.jpg

Saluki whippet 

• Like 3