Another XL bully attack

10 hours ago, shaaark said:

I don't know the proper law about these xl bully's etc, but surely, with the amount of attacks/killings etc in the last couple of years by this type of dog, why the f**k ain't the authorities banning them COMPLETELY, never mind 'licensing' exemptions etc etc,!!!

Totally BAN THE c**ts!!!

They've been banned since the 91 DDA, under pit bull type. No idea why they let the fuckers in. Back in 91 they weren't just seizing bulldogs they were taking people's little fat staffs and mongrels, f***ing arseholes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was a younger man , I had two 9 feet by 15 ft runs in the garden with kennels , running water , side by side with all my dog related stuff behind 2 inch mesh .   inside them I had my dogs

I'd tap everyone of them XL bullies, a useless mutt bred/created for all the wrong reasons and largely owned by clowns from what I've seen. Pairing a suspect tempered animal with a fool with no idea h

The difference is a sensible/responsible owner recognises this trait and acts/handles the dog accordingly so accidents don't occur, as opposed to the majority of halfwits who own bullys and think it's

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, oxo said:

They've been banned since the 91 DDA, under pit bull type. No idea why they let the fuckers in. Back in 91 they weren't just seizing bulldogs they were taking people's little fat staffs and mongrels, f***ing arseholes.

Aye, I never understood why they had to bring in a new law/add XL bullies to the existing DDA when they were already covered due to type and the fact they contain A.P.B.T. in their makeup. It's almost like those in charge have no idea about the laws they passed! All apbt "type" and dogs crossed with said "type" are banned under the 91 DDA. And like you say, in the immediate aftermath of the 91 act, there were more staff crosses, bully looking mongrels and family pets taken and destroyed than there were gamebred bulldogs. But then, gamebred bulldogs in the hands of those who appreciate and are dedicated to preserving the animals inbred natural talents are, on a whole, of little danger to the general public. It's when these animals find there way into pet homes or paraded about by mongs trying to look 'ard is when it all falls apart and we end up with the shit show we're currently experiencing....j.m.o...

Yokel.

• Like 11
19 minutes ago, YOKEL said:

Aye, I never understood why they had to bring in a new law/add XL bullies to the existing DDA when they were already covered due to type and the fact they contain A.P.B.T. in their makeup. It's almost like those in charge have no idea about the laws they passed! All apbt "type" and dogs crossed with said "type" are banned under the 91 DDA. And like you say, in the immediate aftermath of the 91 act, there were more staff crosses, bully looking mongrels and family pets taken and destroyed than there were gamebred bulldogs. But then, gamebred bulldogs in the hands of those who appreciate and are dedicated to preserving the animals inbred natural talents are, on a whole, of little danger to the general public. It's when these animals find there way into pet homes or paraded about by mongs trying to look 'ard is when it all falls apart and we end up with the shit show we're currently experiencing....j.m.o...

Yokel.

A few have raised their eyebrows at me when I have commented that the only people who should own a proper bred A.P.B.T are those who use them for what they were bred for. 

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

A few have raised their eyebrows at me when I have commented that the only people who should own a proper bred A.P.B.T are those who use them for what they were bred for. 

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. If the only people to own bulldogs were those who worked them, I doubt the general public wouldn't ever have had a clue what they were. Patterdales were the same in the 80's/early 90's when they were pretty much only in the hands of working terrier men. Very few outside of those circles had even heard of them, now there patterpoo f.ucking crosses on pet dog sites! 

Yokel 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, YOKEL said:

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. If the only people to own bulldogs were those who worked them, I doubt the general public wouldn't ever have had a clue what they were. Patterdales were the same in the 80's/early 90's when they were pretty much only in the hands of working terrier men. Very few outside of those circles had even heard of them, now there patterpoo f.ucking crosses on pet dog sites! 

Yokel 

Regarding the American pit bull terrier imho in the 80s it rose in popularity due to folk breeding them for money imo as no end went to pet homes that imo was madness tbh. I walked one for a while for a mate who had had an heartattack till he got better a Reid bred dog even though it was good natured even to some one like me who has only kept lurchers spaniels and the odd terrier I was well aware of what damage this dog could do if the spark ignited. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Regarding the American pit bull terrier imho in the 80s it rose in popularity due to folk breeding them for money imo as no end went to pet homes that imo was madness tbh. I walked one for a while for a mate who had had an heartattack till he got better a Reid bred dog even though it was good natured even to some one like me who has only kept lurchers spaniels and the odd terrier I was well aware of what damage this dog could do if the spark ignited. 

Selling a highly strung, sporting bred dog into a pet home has always got the potential to go awry. Even if they have a steady nature around people, it's when they bump into another dog off the lead down the local park and the owner has absolutely no idea how to control the situation. Recipe for disaster...why would you want one as a pet? They can be stressful enough when kept for work alone! 

Yokel 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, YOKEL said:

Selling a highly strung, sporting bred dog into a pet home has always got the potential to go awry. Even if they have a steady nature around people, it's when they bump into another dog off the lead down the local park and the owner has absolutely no idea how to control the situation. Recipe for disaster...why would you want one as a pet? They can be stressful enough when kept for work alone! 

Yokel 

That's true mate. The best bulldog man I have ever known and spent time in his company I have never known him at the time to have a A.P.B.T as an house dog and pet. 

7 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

That's true mate. The best bulldog man I have ever known and spent time in his company I have never known him at the time to have a A.P.B.T as an house dog and pet. 

That's true, they were either on a chain, or in a run , away from other dogs. Ours we're kept  out side in runs  , as I've said on here few times, ours were old type staffs,  more like your apbt of to day,15in  - 20in. 40lb 55lb, my old man, looked after them, he never had off a lead, never public places, as he knew what they could do if they ever kicked off with another  dog big/small,.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, bird said:

That's true, they were either on a chain, or in a run , away from other dogs. Ours we're kept  out side in runs  , as I've said on here few times, ours were old type staffs,  more like your apbt of to day,15in  - 20in. 40lb 55lb, my old man, looked after them, he never had off a lead, never public places, as he knew what they could do if they ever kicked off with another  dog big/small,.

Did your dad ever use them for their intended purpose Ray?

2 hours ago, gnipper said:

Did your dad ever use them for their intended purpose Ray?

Yeh, I was only young at the time, but he go to other blokes property  with a dog etc  , and prob roll them,  he knew what he wanted  from the stuff he kept. He never said lot to me or my younger brother, but we   had good idea  how he kept  them. The  men he knew were the same attitude  , didn't say lot  either.

• Like 2

I had APBT's for 30 years and never had a problem with any of them, even the crosses with Am bulldogs. We used them for hunting and guarding the acreage, my kids grew up around them. They weren't playful dogs but they were very stable. Any strong dog is dangerous in the wrong hands. My old pit/Am bulldog Jax and daughter's pitbull as a pup, he guards her and her sons with his life

IMG_E0492 (1).JPG

IMG_1331.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree that the best companion dogs for most families are little pan lickers, they still let you know if intruders are around and being a companion dog is probably the most important job for a dog anyway.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, bird said:

Yeh, I was only young at the time, but he go to other blokes property  with a dog etc  , and prob roll them,  he knew what he wanted  from the stuff he kept. He never said lot to me or my younger brother, but we   had good idea  how he kept  them. The  men he knew were the same attitude  , didn't say lot  either.

I bet they never came in an ounce overweight pal. Lol

3 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I had APBT's for 30 years and never had a problem with any of them, even the crosses with Am bulldogs. We used them for hunting and guarding the acreage, my kids grew up around them. They weren't playful dogs but they were very stable. Any strong dog is dangerous in the wrong hands. My old pit/Am bulldog Jax and daughter's pitbull as a pup, he guards her and her sons with his life

IMG_E0492 (1).JPG

IMG_1331.JPG

I think hunting with them especially large quarry especially them that bite back as got to be the next best thing for them than what they were purposely bred for. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I think hunting with them especially large quarry especially them that bite back as got to be the next best thing for them than what they were purposely bred for. 

Yeah they need an outlet. I only used those pit crosses occasionally for hunting, they were mainly guards but they had acreage to exercise on, probably why they were stable. My daughter's dog is a family dog only and he puts everything into guarding them. She can handle him because she grew up with pigdogs and bulldogs but he would kill anyone threatening them so not for the inexperienced owner.

• Like 2