Bullherder

28 minutes ago, downsouth said:

If you want something thats happy enough to lay about and be chilled out.Have enough sense to not be sticking it on any visitersor friends you invite to your home but have goot natural guarding/protective instinct you cant go wrong with something with decent mastiff baseline.It doesnt sound like you want anything super prey driven.

Yea I have no plans of doing any man work / protection work with it , just something that's ok with my family but something that can actually hold its own when it needs too , seen plenty of dogs that stand there barking foaming at the mouth looking the part but soon as someone jumps the fence they skirt round in circles barking lol 

And no I won't be sticking it on visitors or friends as I know that's how accidents happen , can't be sticking it on mates for a laugh then moan when it grabs hold 1 my mates / visitors after , 

To be fair tho when had dogs that live in the house befor I tend to put them in the kitchen out the way when visitors come round but when it's family there they have run the house , 

I'll have a look at something mastiff baseline , cheers 

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you living in some dystopian nightmare , where Salukis go round killing every dog in sight and Afghan Hounds are committing canine FGM ? Cheers.

All this talk of dogs killing other dogs.I couldnt think of anything more useless and annoying thats just gunna bring unnecessary attention and piss off all your neighbours than a useless cur that wan

What, did the shepherd choke on the feathers?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

I remember when he imported those bully Kuttas

I remember him 20years ago having a litter of ABs for sale.I went to his place when he had a house in Bromley.First thing I saw was a Neopolitan mastiff bitch walking around in the garden looking very sorry for itself that had just lost a whole litter of pups.He then showed me a ped for the bulldog pups and they wernt anything like bred how he said they were.I then went down his garden where he had a row of 6x4 garden sheds that his dogs were in.When he opened the one with the pups they all ran and hid in the back corner.He then showed me the mother who stood there growling nervously.He told me not to go near her as shed bite me because she was shutzhund trained.Next time I had the misfortune of bumping into him he told me I was wasting my time with  bandog and what I needed was one of his bully kuttas.That day I took a bite off of a doberman he had with him and told him to get me a puppy sleeve as it didnt like the hard sleeve.He said he didnt want o as th dog was like a shark and would smash me up.A few weeks later he had it up for sale as a fully trained pp dog for 8k

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, downsouth said:

I remember him 20years ago having a litter of ABs for sale.I went to his place when he had a house in Bromley.First thing I saw was a Neopolitan mastiff bitch walking around in the garden looking very sorry for itself that had just lost a whole litter of pups.He then showed me a ped for the bulldog pups and they wernt anything like bred how he said they were.I then went down his garden where he had a row of 6x4 garden sheds that his dogs were in.When he opened the one with the pups they all ran and hid in the back corner.He then showed me the mother who stood there growling nervously.He told me not to go near her as shed bite me because she was shutzhund trained.Next time I had the misfortune of bumping into him he told me I was wasting my time with  bandog and what I needed was one of his bully kuttas.That day I took a bite off of a doberman he had with him and told him to get me a puppy sleeve as it didnt like the hard sleeve.He said he didnt want o as th dog was like a shark and would smash me up.A few weeks later he had it up for sale as a fully trained pp dog for 8k

Yea mate he came across a c**t when I met him pure peddler. Did you know the chap up Halifax Mel who bred American bulldogs he would crop the ears never understood why 

5 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Will we ever get the old days back?, incidentally I still have the oil painting Esmeralda done of us, Circa 1800, look at us grinning slyly as we were leaving Goathland, note the saluki that we were gifted by the Sheikh 

IMG_20210906_170438.jpg.309c52af0873cd10bacfaa85b9156042.jpg

Note the young maiden on the back of the cart 🙈

12 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

So, what's wrong with the old Bandog, why the need for even more crosses?

Why have various types of lurcher mate I suppose preference. What would you have if you had a guard dog?