Project motorcycles before an after

15 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it’s clean that got to go for 3500 ish what year is it ? 

It’s a 2000 model mate it’d be nice to see that for it I might bang it on eBay or get her indoors to put it on fb marketplace at some point 

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I’d start a post on project motorcycles that some of you lads have done or doing?  this is the little project I done a 03 kx125 she’s now a clean little bike that runs super clean and cri

Rebuilt my 1988 Honda XR 80R a few yrs back for my lads 10 th birthday...gives me a massive smile knowing he started off riding my first geared bike👍

A yammy TT  my bro did , he imported the bike from california 

Posted Images

Just now, poxon said:

It’s a 2000 model mate it’d be nice to see that for it I might bang it on eBay or get her indoors to put it on fb marketplace at some point 

should do won’t be none as clean up towards crimbo or early spring be right to sell it i think 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

should do won’t be none as clean up towards crimbo or early spring be right to sell it i think 

That’s what im thinking early spring time if I sell it I’ll only fold anything it goes for in to buying another bike to restore I want to do 2 bikes a year 

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, poxon said:

Pair of bikes I’ve restored this year 2000 yz125 2003 kx 125 resto mod

IMG_0595.jpeg

i can remember mcgrath leaving a honda because they went to a aluminium frame was on the yz after  and carmeichael  on that kx250 

cracking job done on them mate 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, king said:

Smart looking bike..have you got it running now mate..

no mate the lads ordered a reed block he’s dropping it to me monday with his crankshaft for the 450 he has back i’ll put some pics up when sorting them this week 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

i can remember mcgrath leaving a honda because they went to a aluminium frame was on the yz after  and carmeichael  on that kx250 

Them early aluminium frame Hondas handled like shits I’ve heard a lot of people say and the engines were under powered think the later aluminium frame Hondas was meant to be better and engine combo 2001 on to 2006 I do favour steel frames better but do like the later yz frames my problem would be restoring a alloy frame that size 

I fancy restoring another bike or 2 next year I want to do my full license I should of done it years ago I’ve got a few bikes in mind I’d like to do if I can get my full license sorted 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Rc kx250 was mental I watched a video on the stuff they had to do to his bike because he was a small guy so he could race it the amount of mods to make it usable for him was crazy the 1999 split fire kx was my favourite mx bike of all time 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borr said:

Had a fella bring this in this morning, gearbox off an old British bike. Got a crack not looking forward to doing it...

IMG-20241021-WA0004.jpeg

IMG-20241021-WA0002.jpeg

you using a tig or gas mate ? getting it clean can be a nightmare what will you do drill small hole each end take a bit out pre heat it sweat it out a bit 

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you using a tig or gas mate ? getting it clean can be a nightmare what will you do drill small hole each end take a bit out pre heat it sweat it out a bit 

I'll grind it out a little to make sure I chase the crack and yep map gas preheat , and try not to blow a bloody great hole through it I asked him to leave the old bearing/bush on the other side as he doesn't want to have to re machine inside and it'll act as a bit of a backing plate or heat sink. Tig , which cleans as it goes but just got to hope not porous contaminated too bad

• Like 2