40 sheep killed

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

One of my favourite meats goat, wish it was more readily available and not so expensive, it should be cheap as liver reallly because males are basically by product waste,

He breeds just for meat big chunky things , think he dose half boxes etc gave me a load of goat sausage rolls ar Christmas they was spot on 

• Like 4

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it was a big dog they took casts of of the prints.  Shame to see sheep with half their face ripped off. Massive cost to the farmer as well. soul destroying I should think. Some real twa

Definitely wasn't a saluki as them sheep would of had the fecker battered to death. 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

My mate breeds meat goats , n he had some nicked at the end of some religious festival thing where they sacrifice a goat or something,  his misses was gutted as they got the tame ones that she hand reaed,  

Iv had some meat of him and its very nice,  in between lamb n beef 

Yes it’s like a non fatty lamb .

20 hours ago, mackem said:

I remember the bright colours of sheep during Eid,all dyed,saw half a dozen or so bleeding into a gutter after the butcher had cut their throats,a stray dog was lapping the blood,never forgot that.Eid…..

Fast and furious is really scraping the barrel these days 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, paulus said:

I once came across a sheep that was upturned, During the night a fox had chewed off one side of its face.

We caught fox,s attacking sheep up in Scotland in a pack they were attacking the legs and bringing them down 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Greyman said:

We caught fox,s attacking sheep up in Scotland in a pack they were attacking the legs and bringing them down 

When we used to do Fox pelts we had an urgent call from a farmer friend saying how he had dog trouble a full grown ewe had been killed. We got to the farm and he explained he had a lame ewe in a little valley behind the farm that its now dead. Well the wind was all wrong so took us a while to skirt around the valley and come in from the back. As we came over the rise and shone the lamp down to where the dead ewe was there were five sets of eyes. I whispered it's foxes where as the other two lads said dogs. I said I'll give them a squeak see what happens. As soon a I called they started to come trouble was there was some dead ground and a bank between us and them. We didn't know where or what side they would pop up from but one by one they did we had four foxes and no idea what happened to the fifth one. I always though it was a litter that had learnt to hunt together.

It the only time I've ever known a group of foxes to hunt together. Although we did bolt four from one smallish earth in a hedge up on Dartmoor one day.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 3
19 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Mum done me a goat curry last week, was bloody lovely, her best friend when we lived in Bristol was Jamaican and we ate a lot of Caribbean food, she still cooks some of the recipes, goat curry is one of my favourites though.

Curried goat ...your welcome .

• Like 3
15 hours ago, paulus said:

I once came across a sheep that was upturned, During the night a fox had chewed off one side of its face.

I also had a call a year or two back about a sheep that was eaten alive in the Forest of Dean, turned out it got caught in the fence and was eaten by boar 

• Sad 1

I've only ever eaten goat once but it was absolutely delicious!

It was last year in a Caribbean restaurant in Exeter. My favourite meat had previously been wild boar but that curry was enough to make me change my mind. As others have said, no idea why it's not sold more readily in supermarkets. I'm sure I read somewhere that it's the most popular meat worldwide.

On 10/02/2024 at 11:42, Greyman said:

One of my favourite meats goat, wish it was more readily available and not so expensive, it should be cheap as liver reallly because males are basically by product waste,

20240213_181227.jpg

• Like 3