uploading pics

This may be of help, it was a tutorial I posted for another forum I use. You can put this up as a sticky if it helps guys.

Hello,

I'm hoping that this little tutorial may come in handy for those among us who are a little less experienced when it comes to all things PC.

This is a quick overview to posting images firstly to the web on a free hosting site and then from the host site to the Tilers Forums or any other forum for that matter.

Step 1

So you've taken your lovely shots of whatever and loading them from your Digi Cam to your PC.

Step 2

Time to get a FREE account with Photobucket or FlickR or similar.

Untitled-1.jpg

Step 3.

To load photo's is very simple. Click on the browse button that will appear at the top of your album once you have set up your account.

Untitled-2.jpg

Step 4.

Once you click this you will get a windows box asking where to upload the photo's from. You will already have the photo's in a folder on your PC so just locate that through the box. Once there simply select the photo you wish to upload and click OK.

Untitled-8.jpg

Step 5.

The shortcut for the chosen picture can now be seen in the browse dialog box. If your happy you have the right image click upload.

Untitled-3.jpg

Step 6.

This may take a little while depending on the size of the image being uploaded but your image is now on it's way to the world wide web to be hosted.

Step 7.

Once uploaded your image will appear in your photobook. you will also notice that there are 3 text boxes below the image now. These are for posting on to blogs, forums etc and also a HTML tag if you were coding the image into a web page etc. The one you need for posting to the forum is the top one shown below, the URL Link.

Untitled-4.jpg

Step 8.

Click on the URL link and it will become highlighted. Now right click and select copy from the drop down menu that appears.

Untitled-6.jpg

Step 9.

When you create a new post or reply to a previous one and wish to post an image all you need do is follow these last few steps. Select the insert image tag above the main text box of your post box.

Untitled-5.jpg

Step 10.

When the windows box appears (as above) simply right click in the field are and select paste from the drop down menu. You should see that the link you cut from photobucket appears in this new box. Click ok and voila the image should appear in your main box.

Untitled-7.jpg

I know this looks difficult with all the images but I have tried to make this as fool proof as possible. This will work for this site and any other forum you use. So it may come in quite usefull to you.

Anyway I hope this helped anyone still unsure about this topic (I know there are more than one as I have had PM's asking) and if you found it did please don't forget to click the thank box at the bottom of this post.

Happy uploading and happy posting.

Eric.