All rounder lurcher

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like every other type or cross you'll get good and bad ones, some people swear by them others wouldnt give 1 kennel space, it really is up to you and what you expect it to do, Ive had and seen some re

Personally I think one man's allrounder is different to another man's allrounder. Also as time goes by you maybe go for different methods and different species. It's no one trick pony   

Both nice honest jukels,...but sadly,.. both products,...of a well calculated and carefully planned advertising campaign😉

Posted Images

22 hours ago, eastcoast said:

Thank God for that. 

For clarity, my comment was coming from the perspective of working terriers on display in the open domain to the general public and anyone else who may be lurking. Gone are the days when a well worked veteran can be safely and proudly shown or a freshly worked terrier in early/late season shows. 

The ugliest terrier I ever seen was one of the best for a few seasons. Russell type (he was white anyway), lop eared, short neck, slew backed, cow hocked, and about 1 inch higher at the back than at the front. His extreme queen Anne legs was partly due to a vitamin D deficiency rather than Sealyham ancestry in my opinion. Came from a pet home.

At about 4 year old he stopped working properly. False marking, babbling, sitting way too back. If he had not been so bloody ugly he would have probably have been bred from before he lost the plot.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

There’s a fb group working dogs of the works ? Something like that and there is a woman with a real nice lurcher pup with lab blood in it that she’s starting to work alongside ferrets and picking up on a shoot .That’s to me is a all rounder fur n feather taken multiple ways .

Handy hardy cross from what I seen good feet and coat and can take a knock surprised the cross wasn't more popular

• Like 1