1 hour ago, Deerhunter1 said:

But surely if 1 dog was being made a prat out of then the fox had done well, beaten the dog and deserved to get away? Thats the way I’d look at it

They don't always catch them doubled up on some places never mind singled 

• Like 1

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morty, a filth generation lamper he tracked 7 cwd and a munty single handed during the day in January. Not to bad considering it was his first daytime jaunt out.   

Another of Maurice, tracked this and put it on the deck single handed in the middle of a field without the aid of fence or ditch, we got there it saw us panicked and full of adrenaline it managed to g

More tracking for the shooting clowns 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

1 fox 1 dog, never done it any other way not even saplings, would you double up a young terrier that has a tougher job than a lurcher. 

I've no experience of deer so can't speak on it but foxes I've plenty. 

Running dogs and terriers are 2 different things every body enters different mind the pun but I've put dogs into quarry in all different ways it's all down to the owner and if the dogs up for or if you think the dogs up for it 

20 minutes ago, Penda said:

They don't always catch them doubled up on some places never mind singled 

Single or double it’s up to each person how they want to run their own dogs id never try and tell anyone what they should be doing. Just for me as times gone on its gotten less about catching everything and more about seeing how good the dog is 

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Of topic, but if anyone likes a bit of “leg” on their dogs, have a look at this pup;

BA394B17-89D2-48A9-B364-EFAC59A9C65A.jpeg.8e41d3d64766d7ac6f812e83b5132348.jpeg

8 month old first cross deer/grey .

Cheers.

Very nice pup, charts.

Is that the same lines as your pup?

21 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Single or double it’s up to each person how they want to run their own dogs id never try and tell anyone what they should be doing. Just for me as times gone on its gotten less about catching everything and more about seeing how good the dog is 

That's what it's always been about for me 

1 hour ago, Deerhunter1 said:

To be honest I’ve got very little experience with foxing so I’ve got no opinion on it, I wouldn’t ever try and tell someone about their job when I know nothing about it. There’s certain things do need doubled on though from time to time I’ll agree

i was out every other day when younger driving about at em now i couldn’t think of out worse to hunt boring driving about you can only slip on fox because out else the dog will be f****d and  won’t get near a fox 

Was a great night to lamp last night ...blowing a gale and a big rise in temperature like that is always great for lamping rabbits...

I was out shooting rabbits last night ...in fact every night this week...

Felt a bit sorry for one buck rabbit....I just dropped his mate...for him to run a few yards then come back and try to shag his mate....wouldn't leave her alone the dirty fecker lol....watched him for a good two mins trying every which way to mount his dead mate...just watched him through the NV...then laid him to rest...

Dropped the 100 yarder last night for the first time in ages only 3 though...but nice to run it put again 

4 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Was a great night to lamp last night ...blowing a gale and a big rise in temperature like that is always great for lamping rabbits...

I was out shooting rabbits last night ...in fact every night this week...

Felt a bit sorry for one buck rabbit....I just dropped his mate...for him to run a few yards then come back and try to shag his mate....wouldn't leave her alone the dirty fecker lol....watched him for a good two mins trying every which way to mount his dead mate...just watched him through the NV...then laid him to rest...

Dropped the 100 yarder last night for the first time in ages only 3 though...but nice to run it put again 

how’s the 2 dogs getting on ? 

it was brutal the wind last night this morning 

Edited by mC HULL
Just now, mC HULL said:

how’s the 2 dogs getting on ? 

it was brutal the wing last night this morning 

The little black bitch would be queen of the fens mate.....if I dared go there...she's a proper slop monster...lol

• Haha 1

WELL,..this thread (the first one with any real substance, for many a long year) just goes to show,..how very different we all are🤔 It is this incredible divergence, in both thought, deed and lurcher type, that has made the running dog world, so unique.

Long may it continue...🙏

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 9
5 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Joe now am talking a few years ago on another forum. I put a post on about some fallow I'd run and you pm,d me asking for the place and I told you. It was called Durrisdeer or near there, we had got lost one night and went over a mountain road and ended up near there and I ran I nice fallow buck. But I'd seen and been lots of times ( as add most of Carlisle Workington and Whitehaven lol ) to fallow at st Anne's and Johnstone bridge. But didn't know the fallow had spread that far. Just out of interest did you ever check out the Durisdeer area and see the fallow ? We went back and never saw them there again ? Cheers Leo 

I never went to durisdeer  but did check out a place near to a Loch I think it was you who mentioned it to me.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

i was out every other day when younger driving about at em now i couldn’t think of out worse to hunt boring driving about you can only slip on fox because out else the dog will be f****d and  won’t get near a fox 

🤣🤣🤣