WHAT DO YOU THINK???

Guest longslip

Guest longslip

hi all, just try and get a couple of pics up of a net i,ve made and been experimenting with. i,m new to the site and in no way an expert in this field.probably need more advice than i can give. what do you call this type of net? :hmm: does anybody else use them?i like to carry one about with me when ferreting and it does come in handy now and again. the down side being it only catches the one and then needs resetting again. the dozen or so rabbits i,ve had in it up to now have been well and truly caught. this my first p.c and can only get one pic up at atime

it looks like a net styled on a gate net or stop net principle without the toggles. there very effective at catching the odd fleeing rabbit whilst ferreting and if the mesh size is right it will also catch a hare :thumbs:

Yeah exactly as Moley says.........i have several about double that size that as i use as stop nets and gate nets as well.

The principle is exactly the same............The main critera is plenty of bagging (Kill)

Rolfe.

Guest longslip

I can see where this is going :laugh: but on a serious note it was a genuine post was trying to show the net working!! it not easy when you got 2 or 3 ferrets workin single handed with a digi cam and a couple of lurchers and longnet.

Guest longslip
i think it is a good net but it is not big and you need too ge ta rabbit too run into it first if it was mabey 3 times bigger and a tiny bit less bag it would work better :thumbs:
cheers willrennyferreter :thumbs: the net in the picture is a 5 footer.still a useful size to cover runs through a dry stone wall etc. only ever used it day time ferreting but imagine it could be pretty handy for night time use too in bigger sizes. might make a 15 footer next. :thumbs: