Boots,Bear & Rose..

20 hours ago, Penda said:

Is that emmerdale I  the background 

Just up the road on the northern edge of the Lake District where I live Penda,I guess there's worse places to live than around here bud

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was how Bear was every single day for a month after breaking his neck then another pic of him as he is now,I never went to bed for 30 day's,I turned him over every 2 hours to prevent him getting

Here's Boots on one of the many occasions I've worked him until almost his last breath,the dog has no quit in him,Bear & Rose his pups are exactly the same,all these dog's would lay their life on

Hope everyone has had a decent season running their dogs 👍🏻 ..another one comes to an end & that's about it for my old mongrel Boots too,he's let me know the past 4 or 5 trip's out he's had enough

Posted Images

22 hours ago, FUJI said:

Just up the road on the northern edge of the Lake District where I live Penda,I guess there's worse places to live than around here bud

Looks like heaven mate. All the best. 

• Like 1

Crikey, I've just binge read the whole 22 pages of this thread whilst sat poolside in Turkey.

What a cracking read FUJI. Your passion for your way of life and love for your animals shines through mate. Hats off for the effort you made to get both dogs healed up! Thank you for sharing your experiences, threads like this are what it's all about for me. The landscape you hunt is beautiful, were you born and bred in that neck of the woods? 

• Like 4
On 21/05/2024 at 13:40, lampingboy said:

Crikey, I've just binge read the whole 22 pages of this thread whilst sat poolside in Turkey.

What a cracking read FUJI. Your passion for your way of life and love for your animals shines through mate. Hats off for the effort you made to get both dogs healed up! Thank you for sharing your experiences, threads like this are what it's all about for me. The landscape you hunt is beautiful, were you born and bred in that neck of the woods? 

Cheers matey,yeah I've lived here all my life buddy,I'll be 58 in a few weeks time so I've served a couple of life sentences in this neck of the woods haha 

• Like 1

A few snaps of my son's dog's that I'm currently looking after whilst he's away on holiday with his Mrs & kid's..the first pic is of Lucky,she's the younger half sister to my two clowns Bear & Rose. The dam of all three of them is on the second pic,old Roxy,she's currently having a phantom pregnancy as she does & has done after every single season she has had since being a pup. Great old dog,super sensible, doesn't put a foot wrong in life & is exemplary at work too. The wee terrier is Molly,for a terrier she is very sensible too although she only gets off the leash on the beach as she has never & will never get the chance to pursue bunnies,she is good at what she does & is an important part of the team. Roxy is a 5/8 Grey 3/8 Bull & Lucky is the same as her sire a dog called Thor was also a 5/8 Grey 3/8 Bull,Lucky was the only pup in her litter,she's not the tallest of dog's but she's probably one of the widest I've came across & is without a shadow of a doubt the hardest I've ever seen,her dam is a tough cookie but this thing is on another level. Good little bunny basher she is.. anyways just want to say thank you to all & everyone for the comments & likes,I really appreciate it..busy day ahead again with the dog's so I'd better get a move on,think I'm on 6 or 7 wanders a day with mongrels at the minute,burdened with everyone else's curs as well as my own 😂..have a great day folk's.

1716653917522.jpg

1716545320801.JPG

1716545544628.jpg

1716551750527.JPG

1716704607740.jpg

1716549111013.jpg

1716655552650.jpg

• Like 10

Few pics of Rose stretching her legs here by our home,to be honest you wouldn't know she snapped both bones clean in half in her front leg & has a metal plate in there from just below her shoulder right down to almost her wrist,within 7/8 month's of her operation she was absolutely flying again & catching lot's of gear both daytime and nighttime. The vet who operated on her had never done such an operation before but had sent all Rose's x-rays etc off to veterinary surgeon's who were expert's at doing them & she had taken advice from them in regards to exactly where to put the plate & screw's into her leg,thankfully everything worked out well,we did have to have one screw removed as it kept coming loose but other than that her leg has been great,whilst at work the scar tissue often weeps a bit of blood but nothing untoward & certainly nothing that causes any distress to Rose. She's been a handy little thing anyway,whatever work/load has been put in front of her she will do her very best & you can ask no more of your dog's than that..

1716723200039.JPG

1716723511147.JPG

1716723269458.JPG

1716723318412.JPG

• Like 5

Few pics of Bear from the last couple of days,he's a lovely big fine dog,just a shame he broke his neck as a young dog. At work he was honestly looking absolutely unbelievable until fate stopped his progress in his tracks. It's not the best pic alongside Rose here but she's about 26tts & weighs over 31kg & she looks tiny compared to him,he's a good 28tts & when he was weighed at the vet's he was 40 odd kilo's,in fact whatever he was in kilograms equalled 94lb..he was a very fast dog & unfortunately he was just too full on for his own good especially with the size of himself,he was at top speed & hit a beast square on taking it & himself into a ditch,the beast was dead on impact of either him hitting it & or when they both went into the ditch,sadly he didn't fare much better as he broke his neck. Both he & Rose just have so much drive & desire to catch it doesn't surprise me in the least what's happened to both of them,their sister killed herself as a sapling with the exact same thing & another half sister to them I owned killed herself too when catching a Charlie on a hedgerow,she took it & herself at full speed right into the banking on a hedgerow, initially she just looked winded but died around a half hour later before she could get veterinary treatment. There is none of this half hearted bollox with these lot,it's all or nothing,they aren't the best at anything but there won't be many that are as mad as these idiot's are to catch..it's a heart in the mouth job on most daily walks let alone when out hunting.. truthfully the fecking thing's stress me out no end..I loved my cur lurchers as I had none of this sh##e to put up with.

1716729177044.jpg

1716729256584.JPG

Screenshot_2024-05-26-14-16-05-010_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, FUJI said:

Few pics of Bear from the last couple of days,he's a lovely big fine dog,just a shame he broke his neck as a young dog. At work he was honestly looking absolutely unbelievable until fate stopped his progress in his tracks. It's not the best pic alongside Rose here but she's about 26tts & weighs over 31kg & she looks tiny compared to him,he's a good 28tts & when he was weighed at the vet's he was 40 odd kilo's,in fact whatever he was in kilograms equalled 94lb..he was a very fast dog & unfortunately he was just too full on for his own good especially with the size of himself,he was at top speed & hit a beast square on taking it & himself into a ditch,the beast was dead on impact of either him hitting it & or when they both went into the ditch,sadly he didn't fare much better as he broke his neck. Both he & Rose just have so much drive & desire to catch it doesn't surprise me in the least what's happened to both of them,their sister killed herself as a sapling with the exact same thing & another half sister to them I owned killed herself too when catching a Charlie on a hedgerow,she took it & herself at full speed right into the banking on a hedgerow, initially she just looked winded but died around a half hour later before she could get veterinary treatment. There is none of this half hearted bollox with these lot,it's all or nothing,they aren't the best at anything but there won't be many that are as mad as these idiot's are to catch..it's a heart in the mouth job on most daily walks let alone when out hunting.. truthfully the fecking thing's stress me out no end..I loved my cur lurchers as I had none of this sh##e to put up with.

1716729177044.jpg

1716729256584.JPG

Screenshot_2024-05-26-14-16-05-010_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

How did his litter brothers get on if the was any

42 minutes ago, Black neck said:

How did his litter brothers get on if the was any

There's a few around bud,couple that I do know of personally are serious dog's. Very good on teeth,no back up required & with these two I'm thinking of in particular it doesn't surprise me as both dog's are bigger than Bear,they catch plenty of gear,more on the lamp than in the daytime though being honest. It was a decent litter to be fair,Rose was the smallest in the litter & there was 3 dogs or possibly 4 dog's in the litter bigger than Bear..their dam Roxy is 27tts & weighs well over 35kg,she is actually heavier than Boots the sire of them as he weighs 33.50kg which is about 73lb,Boots is about 27 1/2tts but his dam was only around 24tts.. but I guess with plenty of greyhound blood in them & their parents there's always a chance you may get a bit of size to them..this is Razor the sire to Boots,then Tan she's a 5/8 Grey 3/8 Bull & dam to Roxy so grandmother to Bear,Rose & Lucky & Co

IMG_20221220_171843.jpg

IMG_20210508_000308.jpg

IMG_20210507_235834.jpg

• Like 8

Here's a few pics of Rose,Bear & Bella their half sister all as pups of 10 month's old,all were out of the belly of Roxy..two disabled & one dead all whilst working,these only have one gear & it's flat out,everything they ran was do or die literally!

2021-03-03-155.jpg

2021-03-03-218.jpg

2021-03-03-76.jpg

• Like 5

Abi & Razor on the first pic, parents to Boots & grandparents to Bear & Rose..Boots as a pup next up..then us day walking..& lastly us two out on the lamp..

2021-03-03-147.jpg

2021-03-03-96.jpg

2021-03-03-157.jpg

2021-03-03-122.jpg

• Like 7
11 hours ago, FUJI said:

Couple of pups bred out of Boots from two different litters,black & tan dog is brother to Bear & Rose

Screenshot_2024-05-26-16-17-12-515_com.google.android.apps.photos-edit.jpg

Nice all on um.

Edited by Black neck
Ancient claw hammer
  • Like 1

Cracking reading this mate, really appreciate you taking the time to put the posts and pics up. Where does Boots get his coat from? Looks like there's more to it than a bit of feathering from the Sal bood going back. Belters mate.. all of them!. 

• Thanks 1