Boots,Bear & Rose..

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was how Bear was every single day for a month after breaking his neck then another pic of him as he is now,I never went to bed for 30 day's,I turned him over every 2 hours to prevent him getting

Here's Boots on one of the many occasions I've worked him until almost his last breath,the dog has no quit in him,Bear & Rose his pups are exactly the same,all these dog's would lay their life on

Hope everyone has had a decent season running their dogs 👍🏻 ..another one comes to an end & that's about it for my old mongrel Boots too,he's let me know the past 4 or 5 trip's out he's had enough

Posted Images

3 hours ago, FUJI said:

Big bad Boots,shit scared of a wooly 😁😁

Screenshot_2024-06-17-06-50-42-583_com.google.android.apps.photos-edit.jpg

I always say it’s not being Stock broken they’ve got to be comfortable with them , I don’t want my dogs stopping hunting because there sheep around or anything else Iv seen mine run flat out at sheep and people thinking they’re chasing them and they’ve over took them And carried on hunting got to make them park of the scenery 

• Like 4
22 hours ago, FUJI said:

Good to hear that matey, I know you put them through their paces & only the decent one's earn their pan of scran at the days end,I know you've had a bit of fun with a few mongrels carrying that old blood matey in fact the pups out of Jacob's even have distance related blood to those two you've posted pics of as Troys grandmother Breeze was out of a bitch out of Dons grandfather Bulpa & a Minshaw bitch I had called Jess 😁 ..hope your keeping well buddy.

Yeah I’m good Andy just keeping busy and yeah had a fair bit of fun with that blood and that blood mixed into my bull stuff years ago. Don’t do as much these days as I used to mainly little dogs now but still manage to put the big stuff away when we can. All dogs look tip top mate. All the best 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Wales1234 said:

I always say it’s not being Stock broken they’ve got to be comfortable with them , I don’t want my dogs stopping hunting because there sheep around or anything else Iv seen mine run flat out at sheep and people thinking they’re chasing them and they’ve over took them And carried on hunting got to make them park of the scenery 

Yeah I agree bud the dogs just have to see them as part of the landscape & just totally ignore them, obviously where you are & I am here sheep are very numerous & a dog that isn't 100% trustworthy around them is no good,mine as pups are in with them from the very first day they go outside the garden fence. 

2021-03-03-132.jpg

• Like 6
2 hours ago, FUJI said:

Yeah I agree bud the dogs just have to see them as part of the landscape & just totally ignore them, obviously where you are & I am here sheep are very numerous & a dog that isn't 100% trustworthy around them is no good,mine as pups are in with them from the very first day they go outside the garden fence. 

2021-03-03-132.jpg

100% I find having older dogs totally ignoring them is key to a young dog learning what it’s about , I spend a lot of summer if got a young dog on walking close as I can get to the sheep in cover so there moving around I want a dog to check of course but not react if it’s a sheep , it’s unavoidable her sheep everywhere even worse when there’s one or two stinking ones left behind 

• Like 1

I get peed off for getting frowned at for not having dogs on leads near sheep.

I try to point out that a dog on a lead is only "not chasing sheep" because it's physically restrained. I'd much rather have a dog which ignores them because it's been taught from a young age to have no vested interest in them. That sounds ironic considering I have two sheepdogs.😆 What I mean is that the dog always on a lead could very easily still want to chase them if off the lead. There's no way of knowing. I don't let mine wander around willy-nilly, but at least I know that, if they're unsighted momentarily, I'm not going to panic.

• Like 5
32 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Yeah,.. you have got to insure that your hunting dogs are educated towards livestock,.. especially after dark👍

scan0034.jpg

Is that Mink or Honey, phil?

Or a different dog?  Lol

21 hours ago, shaaark said:

Is that Mink or Honey, phil?

Or a different dog?  Lol

Different dog,...that was Connie 🙏

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 3

Great posts guy's,just having a few days away on the Isle of Mull at the minute in our old motorhome,be back home tomorrow hopefully. How about the guy heading to work on the paddle board up at Oban when waiting to board the early morning ferry on the second pic,he must of worked across the other side of the harbour somewhere.

1718887125404.JPG

1718863679371.jpg

• Like 6

Couple of pics of my Mrs pup yesterday afternoon..like mid winter here again today,we've had rain for the past 3 day's now & both yesterday & again today we have winds over 40mph,currently 9C here so not exactly summer temperatures,think we've had 3 days of sunshine this year,no doubt they will be saying we've had the warmest summer on record 😂😂 ..one thing's for certain the weather forecast lot seem to think the north is Birmingham as we just get overlooked in regards to weather forecasts & or weather statistics..wellies & waterproof gear again this morning, hopefully July will be better 😁 we live in hope 🙏🏻 have a great day folk's,off to the north east today to collect a few month's worth of dog scran so be back home this evening all being good,watch how ya's go.

1719506091729.JPG

1719513926289.JPG

• Like 9
9 minutes ago, FUJI said:

Couple of pics of my Mrs pup yesterday afternoon..like mid winter here again today,we've had rain for the past 3 day's now & both yesterday & again today we have winds over 40mph,currently 9C here so not exactly summer temperatures,think we've had 3 days of sunshine this year,no doubt they will be saying we've had the warmest summer on record 😂😂 ..one thing's for certain the weather forecast lot seem to think the north is Birmingham as we just get overlooked in regards to weather forecasts & or weather statistics..wellies & waterproof gear again this morning, hopefully July will be better 😁 we live in hope 🙏🏻 have a great day folk's,off to the north east today to collect a few month's worth of dog scran so be back home this evening all being good,watch how ya's go.

1719506091729.JPG

1719513926289.JPG

Lol don't know about warmest summer on record, but so far, here in south wales, up until the last couple of days, it's been the wettest June on record.

So they say.

But they would, wouldn't they?! Lol.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FUJI said:

1719506091729.JPG

1719513926289.JPG

That's one tidy looking lurcher mate good luck and all the best with her. 

On 17/06/2024 at 13:34, FUJI said:

2021-03-03-132.jpg

I agree mate. I have seen and had dogs that were 100pct sound around sheep in enclosed pens and fields but once they were took on open moorland after white hare's a few needed correcting when there blood was up after running a few and a sheep rose from deep Heather. 

• Like 1