Boots,Bear & Rose..

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was how Bear was every single day for a month after breaking his neck then another pic of him as he is now,I never went to bed for 30 day's,I turned him over every 2 hours to prevent him getting

Here's Boots on one of the many occasions I've worked him until almost his last breath,the dog has no quit in him,Bear & Rose his pups are exactly the same,all these dog's would lay their life on

Hope everyone has had a decent season running their dogs 👍🏻 ..another one comes to an end & that's about it for my old mongrel Boots too,he's let me know the past 4 or 5 trip's out he's had enough

Posted Images

On 16/12/2023 at 08:16, FUJI said:

Bear at 10 month's old with his sire Boots.. without splitting hair's Boots is 5/8 Grey 3/8 Saluki & the dam of Bear a bitch we have here called Roxy is 5/8 Grey 3/8 Bull so Bear is like his sire in that he too is 5/8 Grey but with him being 3/16 Saluki 3/16 Bull compared to Boots just being 3/8 Saluki 

2021-03-03-35.jpg

Lovely looking dogs mate. Out of interest what have you found are the main differences in the field ability wise between the father and the son with the added bull in the son? Looks a solid animal. Cheers 

Served you well has old boots Andy fair play..

Obviously his career has been daytime with you but I was wondering how do you think he would have done if you'd of ran him with your old strain of lamping dogs and the way that you ran them.

Merry Christmas everyone,hope you all have a good one & all the very best for 2024. Times have changed a lot in the past 20 year's at least in the UK regarding running dog's,do what you can,when you can,with the dog's you have. Enjoy your dog's,enjoy your day's & night's out with them,coming from me this is probably hard to grasp to many on here but regardless of the end result of your hunting just be thankful that your out there giving your dog's the opportunity,not everyone is able to do so for various reasons. There probably isn't anyone alive nor dead come to that who was more tunnel visioned into laying bodies to rest with the dogs than I for decade's but honestly these day's I care little what the outcome is,I just enjoy getting out there. I'll be out Christmas Day morning as always up on the mountains for what will likely be my final look out of 2023. Rest assured I'll be back out on New Year's Day to start another year off with the mongrels. 1976 when I first went lamping,so if I can make it until 2026 that'll be 50 year's of living the dream,have a fantastic,peaceful & stress free festive period folk's..take care for now.

Just to add I'll answer the questions prior to this post when I'm finished doing my dog's today,just heading out with them now,two hours late as I'm in friggin agony with my back,hips & knees, been awake all bloody night because of the pain again, getting old is fooking gold lol

Merry Christmas from the big fat man dressed in red 

2021-03-03-34.jpg

• Like 12

Boots this morning in what was biblical weather conditions out on the mountains with his protege,a young bitch which will be 5 month's old come January 3rd owned by my Mrs. Done touching 14 miles up there so was a very hard day especially with the heavy rain & winds gusting upto 50mph.

1703510548278-01.jpeg

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, FUJI said:

Boots this morning in what was biblical weather conditions out on the mountains with his protege,a young bitch which will be 5 month's old come January 3rd owned by my Mrs. Done touching 14 miles up there so was a very hard day especially with the heavy rain & winds gusting upto 50mph.

1703510548278-01.jpeg

See ote

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, FUJI said:

1703510548278-01.jpeg

Nice one mate I thought I was the only scrooge out doggin at Christmas lol

Nice pup what flavour is that one..

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, dodger said:

Ash out of sparky

Yeah he's out of old Sparky bud,the dam to this pup is a fair animal too,very well tested so it's bred right enough..very intelligent little thing,doing everything as it should for it's age, been going in with livestock twice weekly since the day after it arrived & upto press doesn't give them a second glance,sits,lays down on command,she's already jumping small fences & she's been on scene when the old dog has knocked one over,every day is a school day when rearing a pup bud as you know.

1702741724652-01.jpeg

• Like 4