Typical THL General debate.

1 hour ago, paulus said:

Anyway back onto the subject. My brother was in residential social care for a while, I kid you not £1800 per week and they had ten of them in there, It was all about the money being independently owned and run, I talked to social services about my concerns and there answer was they new what it was like but there were little if any alternatives. All the council owned sites had been shut and sold off years ago. 

The couple that owned this place and another on the same street had it sorted. They even purchased a holiday home in Cornwall, several mobile homes around the country and even a canal barge, All paid for by residents in the form of holidays, These holidays were not included in the £1800 per week. Social care as a business is just wrong and a disaster waiting to happen. 

Children's care homes and old people's homes should be not for profit. It's absolutely  wrong to make money out of farming kids and the old and infirm.

• Like 4

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the day... The man worked..the wife brought up the kids and looked after the house.. elderly parents lived with them until death..they could afford food..clothes..heating..electric..even

if we weren’t such a self cantered f***ing country the old would be cared for by there own not some f***ing nigerian who couldn’t care less other countrys look after there own not us 

I work in a dementia home and the video at the start is just a normal day and regarding the Nigerian night staff and the Indian ones I would happily line them all up and shoot them, most have no compa

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Getting in on the will! She ain't dumb ,law degree to make sure she's sole beneficiary! Befriend a few oldies, sorted for life 👌 

She’s hired by the family. No changing wills happening here, nothing to see :whistling: :laugh:

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Children's care homes and old people's homes should be not for profit. It's absolutely  wrong to make money out of farming kids and the old and infirm.

You could say that about every business, fact is if you invest millions and start a buisiness to hopefully make profit that’s your risk your choice.  If you want to work for someone else and have no stress etc that is also your choice

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

You could say that about every business, fact is if you invest millions and start a buisiness to hopefully make profit that’s your risk your choice.  If you want to work for someone else and have no stress etc that is also your choice

There's no need for business's to be involved and there's no need for any risk, care for the elderly should be wholly paid for by the state

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

There's no need for business's to be involved and there's no need for any risk, care for the elderly should be wholly paid for by the state

That! I do agree with but that’s not how it always works

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Thats how it used to work

You struggle to buy a house, make payments for 25 odd years, then in old age you need care. so they take at least up to half the value of the house you spent years paying for to offset some of the cost involved in caring for you in old age. Did you ever really own that house? its all wrong, 

2 minutes ago, paulus said:

You struggle to buy a house, make payments for 25 odd years, then in old age you need care. so they take at least up to half the value of the house you spent years paying for to offset some of the cost involved in caring for you in old age. Did you ever really own that house? its all wrong, 

Fckn criminal mate

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Thats how it used to work

No it didn’t. NHS nursing homes were notorious for poor practice. Hence the reason the private sector stepped in. Around the 80’s, if I not mistaken. What has been lost and bless my mum she hasn’t.. is neighbors! God only knows how many times a day her window/door gets tapped and asked if she needs owt. That’s years of feeding kids with bacon and egg butties :laugh: 

4 minutes ago, mushroom said:

No it didn’t. NHS nursing homes were notorious for poor practice. Hence the reason the private sector stepped in. Around the 80’s, if I not mistaken. What has been lost and bless my mum she hasn’t.. is neighbors! God only knows how many times a day her window/door gets tapped and asked if she needs owt. That’s years of feeding kids with bacon and egg butties :laugh: 

I didnt say it was great I said it was free, and probably intentionally left to turn to shit to make way for the private sector

My ex mrs worked in the private sector and some of their practises were dodgy as fck, barely feeding the resident, turning the heating off and treating them worse than prisoners

Edited by Bakerboy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Bakerboy said:

I didnt say it was great I said it was free, and probably intentionally left to turn to shit to make way for the private sector

That’s a fair point I wouldn’t argue against. Fuucked up thing is, can it be proven? Is this a conspiracy or just a complete fuuck up from those in charge? I lean towards the latter.