Just a good pot filler

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don’t worry too much about the x just get a pup out of dogs that you like that are really good at doing whatever it is you want to do with your dog. People tend to over complicate things. 

If your just after rabbits then any x will catch them(smaller,faster the better)...but if rabbits are thin on the ground,you will need a dog with a bit more about it... personally I like a dog,that wi

Like any thing it’s personal preference. Had super beddy whippet caught rabbits a treat. Old bull cross was handful. Little collie cross now is a dream right character. Thought world of them all

Posted Images

On 07/12/2023 at 17:09, Whoknows said:

I think it would be right patt x whipppet would be better than a lot of Beddy xs 

100% there are a lot more good Patts than Beddys, trouble is the stamp of the dog. I've got a cruncher of a young Terrier Spaniel bitch here, mostly terrier. She is just over 16" tts and 28lb pretty racey with a good head. If she turns into a good bitch, I may put the right Non ped Whippet across her. They would be used mostly for bushing, but could make good lamping dogs.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 07/12/2023 at 17:09, Whoknows said:

I think it would be right patt x whipppet would be better than a lot of Beddy xs 

I gave a first x patterdale whippet to my mrs about 20 year ago …. There’s pics of the bitch on here somewere I hated the yappy little fecker it had no off switch would hunt anything used to take hares local out there seats regular in fact over its life it probably put more to bed than any of my big dogs but it was a pain in the arse to live with lived to 13 years of age and got broken up in a kennel fight…..

• Like 1