:boogie: !!!!!!!

landroverwheel001.jpg

Hia folks, I`ve just bought bought myself a land rover discovery, i`me looking to put some Dual road/off road tyres on it.

Any recomendations anyone, price, type, ect,

Yis Mars.

Edited by Mars

I'd go Colways too. Cheap and perform well. MT's increase petrol consumption somewhat when ran on tarmac but are great offroad. AT's as advised above aren't as bad on fuel but are not as good off road. Depends on what you want really. I think they do a Bear Claw replica too now, mate of mine ran these and he reckons they were fantastic.

I got a full set of brand new MT's on Weller white steels for £375 when I had my Frontera.

Edited by Devon

Hi Mars, when you ask this sort of question,you are liable to get lots of different opinions,based on what folks have used before. I also like the Colways for cheap and cheerful,but most serious Land Rover people will recommend BFG. The B F Goodrich AT is said to be the best all-round tyre for 4x4 use.

Coopers are also getting popular,(www.coopertire.com.) As you live in Staffordshire,you could visit Bronco 4x4 in Leek, or John Craddock at Cannock, or Formula 4x4 in Stone. Have a look at what they have,all carry a large stock and will fit them for you. I can't personally be bothered with internet purchases,which you then have to pay again for a local tyre place to fit them.

Hi ive just put a full set of bf goodrich mud terrain on mine believe it or not they are a lot quieter than the all terrain on tarmac, but if its s budget tyre your after go for the general grabber at2 they are a fantastis tyre for the money.

If you can afford BF Goodrich A/T's then doo, they will cost around the £480 -£500 for all 5 tyres.

I have had them on 2 disco's and the are fantastic, I get around 48,000 miles out of them and thats on road as well as off road

very good tyres and don't for get a set of locking nuts for your wheels

try

http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/

http://www.mm-4x4.com/tyres-359-c.asp

http://www.paddockspares.com/sp/category/S...ain_T/A_KO.html

Edited by booboo
Hi Mars, when you ask this sort of question,you are liable to get lots of different opinions,based on what folks have used before. I also like the Colways for cheap and cheerful,but most serious Land Rover people will recommend BFG. The B F Goodrich AT is said to be the best all-round tyre for 4x4 use.

Coopers are also getting popular,(www.coopertire.com.) As you live in Staffordshire,you could visit Bronco 4x4 in Leek, or John Craddock at Cannock, or Formula 4x4 in Stone. Have a look at what they have,all carry a large stock and will fit them for you. I can't personally be bothered with internet purchases,which you then have to pay again for a local tyre place to fit them.

thanks everyone for the tips, and thanks Geoff C for the local places to look. :thumbs:

Yis Mars